Shavkat vs Colby makes a lot of sense

Shavkat vs Colby yeah or nay ?

• Great fight, book it

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Nope (mention what else you prefer)

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
Shavkat is injured (torn ankle ligaments) and won't come back until summer.

Colby doesn't like to fight a lot so it lines up with his timeline.

Because of Shavkat's injury there's a bigger chance that they'll do Leon/Belal in spring.

Shavkat would benefit from adding a bigger name to his resume, would make more casual eyes turn up to his title shot in the fall. Colby is the perfect name for that and also ranked above him so makes sense.

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix. And Dana would be grateful for that. He gave burns an old masvidal because he fought Chimaev.

I say book it for July international fight week. Big card, big fight and gets the division moving.

Of course Shavkat absolutely demolishes the current version of Colby. Try and change my mind on that.

You like that fight ?
Meh. Gengis Chad is a contender and colby is an overrated has been.

Fighters at opposite ends of the spectrum heading in different directions -

Shaved-Cat: All Finishes, Undefeated//Never Loses, No Talk/All Action, Exciting fights, All Class, A Winner

Colby "Cold Sore" Covington - Mr. Decision Rarely Finishes, Lately Loses More than Wins, Talks Constantly/Never Delivers, Boring Fights, No Class Whatsoever, A Loser

Why on earth would someone that has such strong, real potential to be a champ, waste his time on a proven loser like "Cold Sore" Covington???

Send "Cold Sore" to the undercard where, MAYBE, his sorry MAGA ass can pick up a win and stop with all the BS excuses (it's like if his hero Trump were a fighter - loses and makes up lies and excuses.

Doubtful, since going to JuCo with Jon Jones, Colby just isn’t about getting molested by a bigger man.

Not really, Shavkat can literally sit on the sidelines to wait for winner of Edwards vs belal.

I mean sure, if Shavkat wants to spank Colby for some ez $$$ while he waits, otherwise, this is certainly not the fight to make

Colby should fight someone way down in the rankings after all the inactivity, losses, and that dog shit performance vs Leon. The winner of MVP vs Holland or anyone around 8-15 in the rankings makes sense.

I'm not sure that Colby ever fights again, tbh.

But I'd certainly tune in to see this matchup.

He already admitted that he doesn’t want that fight and requested the shell of Wonderboy. Colby may be a piece of shit, but at least he’s smart enough to avoid that fight at all costs.
Shavkat ends his career as a “top” fighter if it happens.

Back