Votes: 28 46.7%
  • Nope (mention what else you prefer)

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters

Koya

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shavkat is injured (torn ankle ligaments) and won't come back until summer.

Colby doesn't like to fight a lot so it lines up with his timeline.

Because of Shavkat's injury there's a bigger chance that they'll do Leon/Belal in spring.

Shavkat would benefit from adding a bigger name to his resume, would make more casual eyes turn up to his title shot in the fall. Colby is the perfect name for that and also ranked above him so makes sense.

Colby is not someone who will rack up wins to get (yet another) title shot. And he only cares about title shots. Fighting wonderboy like he asked does nothing for him on this matter. On the opposite, beating the unbeated Kazakh finishing machine puts him right back in the mix. And Dana would be grateful for that. He gave burns an old masvidal because he fought Chimaev.

I say book it for July international fight week. Big card, big fight and gets the division moving.

Of course Shavkat absolutely demolishes the current version of Colby. Try and change my mind on that.

You like that fight ?

Doubt Colby would accept a fight against someone elite without big name recognition, and Shavkat deserves a better opponent

Gilbert, Usman, and Belal are the good opponents for Shavkat, and with Gilbert fighting JDM (way too far down), and Belal fighting for the title, Shavkat vs Usman is the fight to make

Colby isn't fighting for the WW title again, so he's not going to take a fight that's only a title eliminator if he loses. He didn't take much damage against Leon, so he doesn't need 7 months off either and said he wants to fight again fairly soon.

They should just throw Leon/Belal on the prelims of the Volk/Topuria card to get it over with and give Shavkat the winner in July.

Once their title prospects fizzle out, the only value of these aging names, in the UFC’s eyes, is to boost the rising stars. As much as Dana loves his mouthy little maga head Colby, I doubt that he will treat him any differently. Shavkat makes sense.

Back