Is Tito a legend?

Can’t fucking stand Tito, but I can’t deny his legendary status.

WAR TITO THE FUCKER ORTIZ!!!

MV5BMTc3NTM4MDQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY0MjY1._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

God damn...

0VM1FJY.gif

When was he the best in the world with Shogun, randy, chuck, Hendo and Wandy out there?? (in fairness, he did beat Wandy)

The guy was a can crusher and a hype machine.

I think hendo vs tito looks alot like cormier vs hendo tbh.. and chuck was better then tito we know that.. couture is argueablely the best mutli divison champion ever so no shame there..the rest either lost or never fought him .. but anyone who becomes champion and defends there belt more then once is great in there division in there era period.. no can take that away from tito or any other fighter

I think hendo vs tito looks alot like cormier vs hendo tbh.. and chuck was better then tito we know that.. couture is argueablely the best mutli divison champion ever so no shame there..the rest either lost or never fought him .. but anyone who becomes champion and defends there belt more then once is great in there division in there era period.. no can take that away from tito or any other fighter
I’m not trying to take that away from him. He was champion, beating guys like Mezger and Tanner. Until the UFC actually let Chuck fight him.

But you can’t change history. And the truth is, the best LHWs were in Pride in the early 2000’s. And Tito wasn’t near the best in the world back then. Regardless is he had the UFC belt or not. I can’t say a guy is a “legend” of a sport, because he was blessed with good match making and competed in an organization that was absent of the best talent.

And that Hendo comment is ridiculous and not even worth a counter.

of course. he was the face of mma for a long time. anyone who thinks otherwise, doesn't know the history of the sport.

When I first got into ufc i went to a NJ event early 2000s. Shemmy schilt, Pedro Rizzo , Josh Barnett.

During the event TIto emerged from the crowd waving a flag, had a hat on with flames.

The entire stadium started chanting Tito......Tito...... It was pretty cool.

Not an All Time Great but a pioneer. Pioneers are fighters who were great for their time but would not even be in the top 10 today. Perfect example: Fedor Emilianenko.

And that Hendo comment is ridiculous and not even worth a counter.

I dont think you remember how big and strong tito was.. he was a huge 205er.. and he slammed the shit out of evan tanner and pride guys were good only in pride with scriped outcomes and drugs for everyone and freakshow match ups.. majority couldnt crossover ..they were to different arenas ..i get your a pride fan
.thats cool but titos a legend.. he might not be the Goat but hes a legend

I happen to think he did a lot for the UFC when it was in dire need of stars and was a torchbearer for the sport on the early days. Definitely a UFC Hall of Fame type guy.

But forget what I think, here’s what The Damn President thinks:

..also Tito never tapped to strikes so there’s that.

Tito is top 5 LHW Goat. Jon is disqualified.
Chuck
Shogun
Wand
Hendo
Tito.

Wtf?

It's not even a question that he's a legend.

Unless you wanna reserve the term "legend" for the VERY, VERY few best ever, such as saying that Fedor is a legend, but Cro Cop isn't or petty stuff like that.

I dont think you remember how big and strong tito was.. he was a huge 205er.. and he slammed the shit out of evan tanner and pride guys were good only in pride with scriped outcomes and drugs for everyone and freakshow match ups.. majority couldnt crossover ..they were to different arenas ..i get your a pride fan
.thats cool but titos a legend.. he might not be the Goat but hes a legend
I don’t think you know the difference between the Hendo that DC fought and the Hendo from Pride. Hendo still used his wrestling back then. He was much younger and effective. Tito was not slamming him lol. If anything, Hendo would do to Tito what Randy did.

And Tito was never close to the wrestler that DC is. The guy literally got spanked by Randy in the octagon.

Why would anyone even question that? In short, yes.

Love him or hate him, you can’t deny that he’s a legend.

I think Tito would actually fight better against Rampage, Hendo, Shogun and Wandy than against Chuck even though they were just as tough if not tougher. Chuck had inside info that the others did not have. Tito had big brother syndrome with Chuck. If Tito can beat Wandy, he would have a solid chance against the Pride guys.

I don’t think you know the difference between the Hendo that DC fought and the Hendo from Pride. Hendo still used his wrestling back then. He was much younger and effective. Tito was not slamming him lol. If anything, Hendo would do to Tito what Randy did.

And Tito was never close to the wrestler that DC is. The guy literally got spanked by Randy in the octagon.
Hendo got outwrestled by Jake Shields. Dont let Randy fool you into thinking Tito was just an average wrestler. Size matters. Tito outwrestling Matsushenko,Rashad and Sonnen is closer to the truth.

Back