Media ISLAM Makhachev: "The UFC made and canceled Francisco Trinaldo fight on it's own"

Verbal agreements are not valid with the types of Dana White and UFC. Until it is signed there is no fuckin commitment. Islam was promised a ranked fighter, UFC didn't honor the deal.
Verbal agreements are done between gentlemen who keep their words above money and profits.

If you read between the lines that’s the ufc saying “fuck you, we don’t care about you. You’ll get what we offer you”

UFC must be islamophobic, where are the sjw bandwagon khabib fans at? This is intolerable!

Verbal agreements are not valid with the types of Dana White and UFC. Until it is signed there is no fuckin commitment. Islam was promised a ranked fighter, UFC didn't honor the deal.
Verbal agreements are done between gentlemen who keep their words above money and profits.
It's not binding because it isn't enforcable with the fraudulant offer. With UFCs team, who knows how it will play out. They suck

Islam vs Gillespie would be legit. Take Nate & Chiesa out of the rankings so Gillespie can slide into the top 15.

Does that include the UFC not going back on their word or just the fighters?
Dana breaks his promises on a daily basis... and when fighters say they're unhappy and want to retire... he says "guess they are retired".

Even guys like GSP are not exempted to the bald man's screwing. Dana does NOT keep his words. But fighters have to. And when a guy like GSP outplays him a chess game... he cries publicly... when he does it monthly himself to others. What an ego-maniac,

Zuffa had sold 10% of their company to Flash Entertainment, aka Rich Royal Muslims.

I'm sure they've got a great relationship. Money talks.... I mean, I heard the WWE went to Saudi Arabia? All about the $

Bigger then 'soccer' they say...
Imagine top football players not knowing who they will face next week.

This has been part of Dana White's hard-balling strategy for a very long time. He likes to corner his fighters into sticky situations by applying media pressure. You either accept it, or they throw you under the bus. Casuals are not hard to convince.

One good example was when Dana booked Gustafsson VS Rogerio Nogueira... then just a couple days later announced that Rogerio had pulled out with an injury, and that Gus would be facing Manuwa.

Back then Manuwa wasn't even top10... and hardly the type of fighter you wanted to see Gus fight after that battle with Jones. But Dana White justified it as a 'replacement fighter' and Gus fans were echoing that all through the forums and social media. "Well, Gus was supposed to face Lil Nog... but Manuwa is an injury replacement so it is all good that Gus would get a very relatively easy track back to another title shot... while Jones was fighting a Glover who was on a monster roll"

Then word came out from Little Nog and his camp who said that Lil Nog was still recovering from back injury, and on top of that, he had a WEDDING to attend in that month where the fight was announced... HIS OWN. Yes, he was getting married and obviously he wasn't going to be in training camp.... and hence never signed any papers.

This is just the kind of nonsense that Dana White uses to run his organization... this is why even a bunch of the top stars are not happy in the UFC.
Romero vs Costa
" HE ? No..HE No"

Translation:
About this fight. I don’t know what happened, UFC made and canceled this fight by themselves, I didn’t sign any papers. I plan to fight somewhere in February against a top 15 opponent, as promised by Dana White @DanaWhite.

Makhachev (16-1 MMA), a teammate of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, has been nothing short out outstanding in the cage. The 27-year-old has lost just once and is currently riding a four-fight winning streak that includes back-to-back first-round finishes of Kajan Johnson and Gleison Tibau.

Hernandez (10-1 MMA) gets the opportunity to fight the ranked competition he’s been asking for in Trinaldo (23-6 MMA). Hernandez knocked out Beneil Dariush in 42 seconds in his UFC debut, then followed up with a decision over Olivier Aubin Mercier in July. Trinaldo, 40, has won in nine of his past 11 trips to the octagon.

via mmajunkie

lol so disrespectful. How hard is it to send a damn email or text?
This isn't just isolated to lesser named fighters. They did this to Meisha and more recently Joanna.

Zuffa had sold 10% of their company to Flash Entertainment, aka Rich Royal Muslims.

I'm sure they've got a great relationship. Money talks.... I mean, I heard the WWE went to Saudi Arabia? All about the $

Abu Dhabi-based sports promotion company Flash Entertainment has sold its ten per cent stake in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to Endeavor, the mixed martial arts (MMA) organisation’s parent company.

Flash Entertainment maintained its minority share in the UFC in 2016 when the organisation was sold to a group of investors led by talent agency WME | IMG – now known as Endeavor - for US$4 billion.

However, Flash Entertainment chief executive John Lickrish revealed in an interview with the Arabian Business magazine that the company has now agreed to sell the UFC stake it acquired for a reported US$200 million in 2010.

"After almost ten years the time was right to exit that investment," Lickrish said of the sale.

The financial details of the deal have not been revealed, although the purchase comes just weeks after UFC president Dana White claimed the organisation is now worth US$7 billion, suggesting Flash Entertainment could have netted as much as US$700 million from the sale.

Endeavor’s investment comes just over a year after what was then WME | IMG secured a cash injection of US$1 billion in a move reportedly designed to allow the company to buy out some of the UFC’s minority partners. Shortly after that deal went through, WME | IMG purchased the remaining UFC shares of the Fertitta brothers, Lorenzo and Frank, and has now taken another step to strengthen its grip on the organisation.

Abu Dhabi-based sports promotion company Flash Entertainment has sold its ten per cent stake in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to Endeavor, the mixed martial arts (MMA) organisation’s parent company.

Flash Entertainment maintained its minority share in the UFC in 2016 when the organisation was sold to a group of investors led by talent agency WME | IMG – now known as Endeavor - for US$4 billion.

However, Flash Entertainment chief executive John Lickrish revealed in an interview with the Arabian Business magazine that the company has now agreed to sell the UFC stake it acquired for a reported US$200 million in 2010.

"After almost ten years the time was right to exit that investment," Lickrish said of the sale.

The financial details of the deal have not been revealed, although the purchase comes just weeks after UFC president Dana White claimed the organisation is now worth US$7 billion, suggesting Flash Entertainment could have netted as much as US$700 million from the sale.

Endeavor’s investment comes just over a year after what was then WME | IMG secured a cash injection of US$1 billion in a move reportedly designed to allow the company to buy out some of the UFC’s minority partners. Shortly after that deal went through, WME | IMG purchased the remaining UFC shares of the Fertitta brothers, Lorenzo and Frank, and has now taken another step to strengthen its grip on the organisation.
I don't know why you're copy-pasting common knowledge. Like I said, ZUFFA HAD sold their shares to Flash Entertainment, which is a Muslim-owned company... this was to rebut the claim that the UFC is Anti-Muslim.

Are you suggesting that the UFC has recently become anti-muslim after WME-IMG acquired the shares of Flash Entertainment?

My god you fucking retards. It's not illegal, jesus christ.

Chael Sonnen explained this -- so much of the business is based on verbal contracts (at first), and verbal contracts are binding. As Chael explained, if the UFC calls you and says we want to make this fight, and you say yes, a button is pushed -- and once that button is pushed, the media machine kicks up. You might sign the contract a week later, but the fight is on.

What probably happened here is that Makhachev probably agreed to fight the guy, and then realized the guy wasn't as highly ranked as he wanted. You can't reneg on a verbal contract, it doesn't matter whether the promoter told you in the past you get a top 10 opponent next. Once you say "yes" you've legally agreed to a contract.

Even if you sign the contract, you don't have to fight.

They can't make you fight. Ever.

lol so disrespectful. How hard is it to send a damn email or text?
This isn't just isolated to lesser named fighters. They did this to Meisha and more recently Joanna.
They do it to everyone... there are hardly any exceptions, outside the likes of Conor... and Ronda.

This is why Couture tried to fight them in court for 2 years, despite being the top company man at that time. This is why GSP walked, after being the top company man at that time.

This is why Rampage was so unhappy, after he was spat on by the company despite coming into that Ryan Bader fight injured... after he missed weight from his injuries, and getting on TRT as part of the UFC doctor's recommendation. He fought injured so the Japanese fans who bought tickets to see him, won't get screwed... yet the UFC mocked him.

This is why Anderson Silva told Dana White publicly "If you RETIRE me, I will go fight somewhere else"... the same way the UFC forced CroCop to ''retire' during his second stint in the company by announcing the news... despite CroCop having no such intentions.

Even the top guys don't get a fair shake. Do you think the smaller guys have any chance?

Just wait till Conor loses a fight or 2 more. Let's see how the UFC treats him. Dana is known to hold grudges. And, Conor tried hard to go around the UFC - by not fighting for 2 years, by trying to box Floyd without the UFC and even saying "Fuck the UFC"... till Dana had to threaten him publicly with legal action.

Time will tell

Sometimes they throw feelers out there to see how a fight will be received.
Also, sometimes, it makes sense to cancel a fight you've agreed to because a better opportunity opens up for either the fighter or the company.

They do it to everyone... there are hardly any exceptions, outside the likes of Conor... and Ronda.

This is why Couture tried to fight them in court for 2 years, despite being the top company man at that time. This is why GSP walked, after being the top company man at that time.

This is why Rampage was so unhappy, after he was spat on by the company despite coming into that Ryan Bader fight injured... after he missed weight from his injuries, and getting on TRT as part of the UFC doctor's recommendation. He fought injured so the Japanese fans who bought tickets to see him, won't get screwed... yet the UFC mocked him.

This is why Anderson Silva told Dana White publicly "If you RETIRE me, I will go fight somewhere else"... the same way the UFC forced CroCop to ''retire' during his second stint in the company by announcing the news... despite CroCop having no such intentions.

Even the top guys don't get a fair shake. Do you think the smaller guys have any chance?

Just wait till Conor loses a fight or 2 more. Let's see how the UFC treats him. Dana is known to hold grudges. And, Conor tried hard to go around the UFC - by not fighting for 2 years, by trying to box Floyd without the UFC and even saying "Fuck the UFC"... till Dana had to threaten him publicly with legal action.

Time will tell
They could just send one of those copy and paste emails. They have a beg enough admin team. I get for the big fights they want to maintain some secrecy, but Islam isn't exactly on Conor's level of popularity. I didn't even know this fight was booked. And tbh I'f I'm putting my health on the line, at least have the decency to let me know my fight before Ariel Helwani tweets about it.

This has been part of Dana White's hard-balling strategy for a very long time. He likes to corner his fighters into sticky situations by applying media pressure. You either accept it, or they throw you under the bus. Casuals are not hard to convince.

One good example was when Dana booked Gustafsson VS Rogerio Nogueira... then just a couple days later announced that Rogerio had pulled out with an injury, and that Gus would be facing Manuwa.

Back then Manuwa wasn't even top10... and hardly the type of fighter you wanted to see Gus fight after that battle with Jones. But Dana White justified it as a 'replacement fighter' and Gus fans were echoing that all through the forums and social media. "Well, Gus was supposed to face Lil Nog... but Manuwa is an injury replacement so it is all good that Gus would get a very relatively easy track back to another title shot... while Jones was fighting a Glover who was on a monster roll"

Then word came out from Little Nog and his camp who said that Lil Nog was still recovering from back injury, and on top of that, he had a WEDDING to attend in that month where the fight was announced... HIS OWN. Yes, he was getting married and obviously he wasn't going to be in training camp.... and hence never signed any papers.

This is just the kind of nonsense that Dana White uses to run his organization... this is why even a bunch of the top stars are not happy in the UFC.

I think he said Nate Diaz was in fights he never got contracts for as well. I'm sure someone who has a good memory or has put together a list could come up with at least 14 fighters that DW said were in fights that he never even offered them.

I think he said Nate Diaz was in fights he never got contracts for as well. I'm sure someone who has a good memory or has put together a list could come up with at least 14 fighters that DW said were in fights that he never even offered them.
Yea, then Dana White publicly announces that Nate Diaz doesn't want to fight, because he's pulling out of fights.

He does this to fighters, and force them to publicly decline. Same thing with Mighty Mouse. They forced him to fight TJ, and he didn't accept because he had asked for a million dollars to fight TJ, when TJ was champion... and now they wanted him to fight TJ for his usual salary.

All of a sudden, massive backlash towards DJ... for pulling out of the TJ fight, or for ducking TJ.

I really don't know how Dana gets away with this shit. You would think that he would be sued to conducting business like this and hurting the reputation and livelihood of this independent contractors.

They could just send one of those copy and paste emails. They have a beg enough admin team. I get for the big fights they want to maintain some secrecy, but Islam isn't exactly on Conor's level of popularity. I didn't even know this fight was booked. And tbh I'f I'm putting my health on the line, at least have the decency to let me know my fight before Ariel Helwani tweets about it.
Miesha found out that her title shot against Ronda has been scrapped, in favor of Holly Holm... through social media.

A bunch of fighters have had to find out about their upcoming fights, or cancelations etc... through Ariel. WTF right?

Back