'It smells like death:' Alabama endures New York City 'poop train'

I grew up in North Vegas and when the wind was just right the smell of that pig farm was horrendous. You couldn't get away from it... just had to deal with the smell of pig shit in each and every breath for long periods of time.

I can agree with this, I went to Mojave High "school that is 2mins away from his farm" and certain mornings were so bad you had no chance of paying attention in class. Living 2 mins away from the school I had to endure this farm more than most. Going to lunch some days would end without eating due to the stench. Warm mornings I dreaded walking to school...I remember sometimes my eyes would water lol

If he did move he got PAID!... Few people in that area refused to move long enough that developers paid enormous amounts of money to uproot them because the land was an eye sore and degrading property values in that area.

Yeah I lived a few miles away and still smelled it every once in awhile. Couldnt imagine living next to it. It says he got 12.9 million. Damn

Yeah I lived a few miles away and still smelled it every once in awhile. Couldnt imagine living next to it. It says he got 12.9 million. Damn

Cha Ching! Glad his 20-30 years out there paid off in the end. I heard he had been out there for maybe even 40+ yrs, no idea how true any of that is tho. Thanks for the info always wanted to know what would happen to the few people who refused to sell in the early 2k.

That is why from where I am from we just shit in the street!

Your city your poop! Your poop will stay in your city!

We still have his dumpster outside my work. He would take all the leftover food scraps for his pigs

I drove past a rig last week that was full of human waste. The driver had to jam on the breaks to avoid hitting a car, the load spilled out and all over the highway. The smell was horrific.

I drove past a rig last week that was full of human waste. The driver had to jam on the breaks to avoid hitting a car, the load spilled out and all over the highway. The smell was horrific.

... it wasn't in a tank? It was just poured into a roofless trailer box like that mobile pool on The Simpsons?

... it wasn't in a tank? It was just poured into a roofless trailer box like that mobile pool on The Simpsons?
It was a covered 53 footer. Not a tanker though. I was kinda shocked. When I drove past I was like "fuck what the hell is in that"? Then I heard on the radio what it was and it blew my mind that that wouldn't be in a sealed container of some sort.

The worst part is because they closed down two of the lanes to deal with it, we were just crawling past. The stink just stuck to my car for like 20 minutes.

NY is paying Alabama to store their zhit there?

{<huh}

It was a covered 53 footer. Not a tanker though. I was kinda shocked. When I drove past I was like "fuck what the hell is in that"? Then I heard on the radio what it was and it blew my mind that that wouldn't be in a sealed container of some sort.

The worst part is because they closed down two of the lanes to deal with it, we were just crawling past. The stink just stuck to my car for like 20 minutes.

Had to be animal waste -- human waste has to be bio-contained (im pretty sure)

Re: bold -- Lol I'm fucking dying here

Coppers and news all said human waste.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1370829

Not sure how to embed the video from the article.

Thats fucked -- and illegal

Transportation of Biomedical Waste Off-Site (7)
General Requirements (7.1)
Prior to the removal of biomedical waste from a site for off-site disposal, the generator should package the waste in accordance with Section 4.0 of this guideline. The waste may only be transported by a waste management company for which a waste management system certificate of approval has been issued under Part V of the EPA.

Vehicle Standards (7.2)
The following standards apply to vehicles used to transport biomedical waste and are in addition to any standards prescribed by Regulation 347(General - Waste Management).

It is recommended that these standards be incorporated into a biomedical waste carrier's waste management system certificate of approval.

1. Vehicles must be appropriately designed and outfitted to accommodate the biomedical waste to be transported in the vehicle, including a storage compartment that:
    1. is enclosed and insulated,
    2. is kept refrigerated at or below 4 degrees Celsius at all times, when the vehicle contains any waste,
    3. has an independent refrigeration system which shall be operable at all times when the vehicle is parked or inoperable,
    4. has walls that are made of a washable material and a floor surfaced with metal for effective cleaning and disinfecting,
    5. has a floor that is sealed and leak proof,
    6. has a suitable system capable of containing liquids,
    7. has no windows or ventilation,
    8. only one lockable door and at least one interior light, and
    9. is not capable of mechanical compaction.
  2. The vehicle must be equipped with spill clean-up equipment and disinfectant appropriate for the waste being transported.
  3. The vehicle shall not be used for a purpose other than transporting biomedical waste unless it has been completely disinfected.
  4. The vehicle's storage compartment door must be kept locked at all times when the vehicle is not being actively loaded or unloaded.
  5. At the end of each day of operation, the interior of the storage compartment of the vehicle shall be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with a disinfecting solution.

New York City poop train? Greenwich Village?

well looks like it's over ..

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ign-of-terror-in-small-town-alabama-has-ended

The Poop Train's Reign Of Terror In Small-Town Alabama Has Ended

"I have wonderful news," Hall announced Wednesday on Facebook, in what one might describe as a remarkable understatement.

She explained that the containers of excrement aboard that train have been transported to and emptied at their intended destination, the landfill operated by Big Sky Environmental about 25 miles away. A few containers remained at the Parrish rail yard as of Wednesday afternoon, but she reassured her constituents those were just empties, soon to be removed, as well.

The people that had to fix the train better have been paid well. The smell off of that much shit up close has to hit you like a ton of bricks. I've been to chicken and dairy farms before and they're bad enough. The shit smell is so strong on the farms at times it's like you can taste it in the air. It doesn't help that I have a very strong sense of smell.

NY is paying Alabama to store their zhit there?

{<huh}

This is why I hate Republicans. They don't give a shit about the environment. I protect it as a common courtesy.

Republicans lets here ya. How about a plan. Just a simple plan that can be carried out in about 6 months.

Back