It's unethical to leave your wealth to your kids

sure?

according to Pew he not only retained all middle class communities held by Romney, but stole 18 of the 30 from HRC that Obama won

whatever you say, carry on

Very sure. Your comment doesn't even address the point.

Up is down and Wrong is right.. So the insane "kill society" media, of course, wants to undermine yet ANOTHER completely normal, healthy tradition of humanity.

If I have children, then my money is going to them. There would be a lot less problems in the world if more people took responsibility for raising their children.

Nothing wrong with helping people but family comes first.

If I have children, then my money is going to them. There would be a lot less problems in the world if more people took responsibility for raising their children.
what if they turn out like you? Then surely your vast fortune would be better off helping others?

Article doesn't hint at leaving your kids zero.

No you shouldn't leave all your wealth to your kids if your wealthy and you should tell them that when they are young.

I know several people who will receive 9 digit inheritances split between the kids. Most are very unproductive people.

Sorry kids, this money is for bums and people here illegally.

Giving money to criminals and people who are unwilling to take care of themselves is what being responsibility is all about.

You can choose the cause.

Maybe you'd donate to a NASCAR museum or something.

There's obviously a drop off on the amount of inheritance you could leave you kid and it preventing them from growing as a person compared to being spoiled. It comes down to the parent to decide on something like though. I want to be able to leave an okay amount of money for my future spouse/kids when I die but I definitely don't want it to be anything that would harm them and destroy the family. Poor management of your money/assets can extend even beyond your lifetime.

I'm in favor of leaving my children as much money as I can.

You can never reliably predict what costs they will encounter, what world events will occur around them, what opportunities may present themselves, and so forth. Further, I have more faith in them using the resources for good purpose than unknown administration determining how it should be allocated.

First world problems.

Make sure you don't spill your appletini on the duvet on the way out.

It is totally ridiculous for kids who have done absolutely nothing to deserve it get that wealth. Its especially true considering all the programs that need funding and poor people we have. The money absolutely should be redistributed to those more in need

It is totally ridiculous for kids who have done absolutely nothing to deserve it get that wealth. Its especially true considering all the programs that need funding and poor people we have. The money absolutely should be redistributed to those more in need
But if the kids get nothing, wouldn't they be the ones in need then?

redistribute to those in "need" who have "done absolutely nothing to deserve it"?

I've seen many cases where money ruined the children's lives.
I've seen more cases where not having money ruined the children's lives.

When I actually read the article and what it discussed, and didn't rely on the clickbait title:

200.gif

But when I assumed by the title that it was actually saying that it's unethical to leave wealth to your kids....

200.gif

I've seen many cases where money ruined the children's lives.

For children to appreciate anything from the get-go requires good instruction.

Instruction for the children's sake, not the parent's sake. IE giving them the values and things they need, not what they want or what you the parent wants.

Back