Izzy got robbed. Was it a good/bad stoppage?

Good stoppage?

• Yes

• Early

Results are only viewable after voting.
He got hit by few punches being thrown at him? Shocker. Yea, that's a loss.

he got rocked, then dropped, then dodged a few punches, then ate two in a row that he didn’t even defend. Look at 1:41. He didn’t even have his hands up ffs. No surprise the ref stopped it.

We got robbed from a sweet KO. You see Izzy aimlessly bobbing and weaving with his hands down and looking at the floor?

Lucky it was Goddard and not Herbert, otherwise it would’ve been called off as an Izzy tko following the late shot after the bell at the end of the first.

suck shit to Izzy but Periera is lucky he has nuclear power otherwise it would have been a loss for him

To the Izzy fans saying he was robbed why would you want to see your favourite fighter potentially take permanent damage?

He can at least definitely comeback and fight another day now.

Izzy and fans were robbed of absolute certainty. I didn't like the stoppage, but he was most likely saved from a more severe concussion
he got absolutely teed off on. there’s no controversy apart from people who wanted to watch him die for no reason.

As a referee myself if I see a fighter getting hurt like that and then see him just standing there with his head down while arguably one of the best striker the world has ever known tee off on him like a maniac, I'd stop that fight faster than speedy gonzales on crack. In fact I'm kinda surprised Goddard let it go that long

I dont think it was his ego, but Alex timing and power. Plus the nightmares in Izzys head from the 2nd fight brutal KO.

Izzy knew he would need to either (i) drop Alex and end it or (ii) dodge a sledgehammer for straight 25 minutes. He did it for 24 minutes, quite impressive still

My bet was a R4 TKO for Alex, I didnt count on Izzy grappling.

I disagree.

He had a very very slim margin of error, he managed to navigate safely within it for 4 rounds, then Alex went for broke and got him.

Izzy wasn't being reckless, he was fighting how he always fights.

Was late ffs, he took more shots than he should of. You, just bleed crowd would be responsible for a lot of brain dead fighters if you had your way.
Bobbing and weaving and putting your hands up while on your feet, is not defending?
bobbing and weaving lmao, hands up, you watched the wrong fight.

No, backing up in a straight line directly to the fence every round cost him the fight. He even had his hands up when he got caught, unlike earlier in the fight when he was trying to be cute with his hands down and actually got away with it. Maybe this will teach him the rule of not taking 2 steps back, but probably not considering his age and experience level.

As a referee myself if I see a fighter getting hurt like that and then see him just standing there with his head down while arguably one of the best striker the world has ever known tee off on him like a maniac, I'd stop that fight faster than speedy gonzales on crack. In fact I'm kinda surprised Goddard let it go that long
Same, he took 5-6 too many.

Back