Izzy's speech was classless and made him look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantly screaming the n word is bad enough, but to make it worse, the n word is an African American slang, it has nothing to do with Africans or Izzy who moved to New Zealand at a young age.

He is literally complaining about colonialism but here he is appropriating another culture that isn't his. Dricus was born and raised in Africa, and him saying he is the only African fighter to fight out of Africa isn't wrong. Usman is an American, Izzy is a Kiwi and Ngannou is/was French.

Apparently its okay to be openly racist to people as long as they aren't black. Izzy is running with the racist rhetoric because its what will bring attention the fight sadly enough though.
Total identity crisis lol. He makes it impossible to like him.

He did act stupid. I dont think he was being racist,but he was being obnoxious and abrasive. He was definitley emotional after seeing Robert go down,and maybe he shouldnt have gone in there with that energy.

It's not obnoxious and abrasive. It was straight up cowardly. He knew DDP couldn't call him a nig like he should've cuz he'd get cancelled so he proceeded to be a complete B and kept calling him a nig like an emotional schoolgirl.

Izzy is such an odd dude.
I dislike him but the more I see the funnier it gets.

As a Native out of Canada I'd feel like an absolute jackass to go and tell a "white" guy they're not Canadian. I doubt Izzy's bloodline is 100% African, everybody has a little bit extra races sprinkled in.

everybody has a little bit extra races sprinkled in? lmfao what?

I was confused too. I didn't think the N word was a used in African culture? I didn't find it offensive, just bizzarre. Izzy sounded drunk.

It looked like he was on mushrooms.

I believe it was all staged and loosely scripted like with these two.
<DCWhoa>bork1}
I don’t consider it a true reflection of what Izzy actually feels or believes, just like I didn’t when Brock pushed Cormier and called everyone a piece of shit.

Yes Izzy let emotions and promotion get the best of him ,.. not needed at all

This is about shallow ancestry type racism. Dricus genes have only been in Africa a mere 350 yrs or less depending on whether he is Dutch or English in origin.

7rzgs7.jpg

Constantly screaming the n word is bad enough, but to make it worse, the n word is an African American slang, it has nothing to do with Africans or Izzy who moved to New Zealand at a young age.

He is literally complaining about colonialism but here he is appropriating another culture that isn't his. Dricus was born and raised in Africa, and him saying he is the only African fighter to fight out of Africa isn't wrong. Usman is an American, Izzy is a Kiwi and Ngannou is/was French.

Apparently its okay to be openly racist to people as long as they aren't black. Izzy is running with the racist rhetoric because its what will bring attention to the fight sadly enough.
He’s black. Don’t try to make out like he has less right to use the n word than anyone else who’s black. If Mike Tyson can’t say it then Izzy can’t say it, if Mike can then Izzy can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back