Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

I don't exonerate what he says in his book. Honestly he did enough, there was no need to embellish his life.

I don't even understand why he BS'd so much. But Jesse going after his estate is a consequence of lying about the guy. I think Jesse winning and putting this out if the limelight is the best scenario.
Jesse didn't go after his estate. He went after the publisher and the publisher's insurance company.

He won against a man who couldn't defend himself.....do really call that a win?
Jesse does.
He still fought a man that could not defend himself......at the end of the day....nothing changes that.
He sued the publisher and their insurance company. Big pockets with big resources who have a responsibility to vet the material before publishing. So do not think for a minute they were not prepared to defend themselves and did not defend themselves as they did.

At the end of the day a lot changed... for Jesse. Anyone uses the claims made in that book to defame him and he can sue and win because he now has precedent. That matters, when the initial offense was a defamation of his character he wanted no monetary compensation for and just a clarification and retraction..

How was he a hero exactly? Because he fought for your freedom or something?
Come on, dude. The guy had 5 major decorations. If you can make a case that his silver star and four bronze stars with valor weren't deserved, I would listen.

They showed Kyle's videotaped testimony, during a deposition, at the trial. 32 or 33 media companies filed briefs in the appeal against Ventura because they wanted to be held to a lower standard of accuracy. The news that you watched through the appeal was certainly through a company that FILED AGAINST VENTURA. I saw Foxnews repeatedly say that Ventura was suing Kyle's widow and kids, without once acknowledging that 32 or 33 media companies were against Ventura in court. Also, it was blatantly obvious and well known that Harper Collins was paying the legal fees of the Kyle estate, as part of the publisher's contractual obligation. Who owned Harper Collins? Rupert Murdoch. Who owns FoxNews? Rupert Murdoch.

Kyle was a war hero, and pathological liar. You can be both.

If you go to google maps and zoom in on the bar, it's really small. The patio is right on the sidewalk/ street. I would like to hear the videotape of Kyle's testimony.

Kyle was alive and well when the trial started. He met him face to face for the first time and asked why he was doing this, and to retract it, but Kyle said no, so ventura sued the publisher

Kyle was alive and well when the trial started. He met him face to face for the first time and asked why he was doing this, and to retract it, but Kyle said no, so ventura sued the publisher
Technically, I believe, Ventura never sued the publisher. Ventura sued Kyle; the publisher's contractual obligation was to supply the legal defense. After Ventura won the lawsuit, he would then sue HarperCollins. However, Kyle's estate filed an appeal, supported by 32 or 33 media companies. The appeal sent the case back to trial. Venura accepted a settlement from Kyle's estate and HarperCollins - in turn he dropped the Kyle Estate lawsuit and agreed not to sue HarperCollins.

The court had overtuned the trial decision because the Kyle Estate called two employees at HarperCollins as witnesses to try to counter Ventura's claims of damages and HarperCollins and Kyle's profits. The Kyle Estate also implied that a widow and her kids were financially at risk. In response the judge allowed Ventura's lawyers to tell the jury the truth that HarperCollins was the entity that was financially at risk. The Kyle Estate's lawyers objected at the trail but the judge ruled against them. They then appealed based on that issue.

I have respect for Kyle as a warfighter, but homie lied. Good for Ventura for sticking to his guns.

its pretty easy to win a lawsuit when the other party is dead.

Back