Media Jiri doubles down on Goddard making the right decision and that he was totally out

Jiri is ten times the honorable martial artist than many of these prize fighters out there...

But Jiri fans, no need to keep coping. HE WAS OUT
He seems to be. What changed in his life? I read he was a tool always looking for street fights when he was younger.

He said Marc Goddard was 'right' but then went on to say 'maybe another 2 or 3 seconds it would be a different way, but what happened, happened, I accept that.'

Translation: he is in fact not doubling down and is calling it early.

I think it is pretty obvious what is happening based on his initial reaction and his subsequent statements. He thinks the stoppage was early, but doesn't think it was egregiously early, and is trying to be honorable/diplomatic about it.

He said Marc Goddard was 'right' but then went on to say 'maybe another 2 or 3 seconds it would be a different way, but what happened, happened, I accept that.'

I think it is pretty obvious what is happening based on his initial reaction and his subsequent statements. He thinks the stoppage was early, but doesn't think it was egregiously early, and is trying to be honorable/diplomatic about it.
He took ten+ straight unanswered and then went totally limp

Good stoppage

No, he knows that ref’s stop fights in order to protect a defenceless fighter from receiving severe damage that’s why its the right call. Its possible he could have recovered(1%< most likely) as Jiri pointed out but its not worth the risk.

um...life happened. He decided to change his life and dedicated himself to the sport, changed his philosophy. He was a young man just having fun, not some terrible person.
People can grasp the fact people change. The 30yr old me isn’t the same as the 25yr old me or even 20yr old me. getting your ass beat constantly in a gym humbles.

Commited to a style of fight that results in finishes, one way, or the other. Just like Charles Oliveira, I see how that style is going to lead to some blemishes on the record, but even those blemishes are exciting so I can look past them.

It looked early to me in real time. I haven’t really seen replays except the angle we saw it from in real time.

If Jiri is ok with it, fine.

And no, I’m not a Jiri fan. It just looked too early in real time to me.

797822-32028269.png

Watch the video he clearly did.

Never happened. We all watched the fight. They played it back in slo mo and we all saw that it was an early stoppage. He got hurt and fell back with Poaton on top of him, he never went limp.

Back