Joanne Calderwood pulls out; newcomer Jessy Jess vs. Bec Rawlings at next week's Sydney FN 121 event

And CouncilestateWood will now be complaining how she cant afford to pay her bills etc etc

HAHA @DRAKE

i am insulting WMMA!
Right?! I’m done with her. Have been for a while. She can seriously fuck off.

Rawlings is moving up from strawweight to flyweight. Jess's most recent fight was at bantamweight, although she was dropping to fight Vanessa Porto at flyweight when she got the call to the UFC to fight Bec. So we have here someone moving up to flyweight (Bec) vs someone dropping to flyweight (Jess).

That's doubtful.

"And notice, none of those threads included her name in the title, either. She's always referred to as 'woman', 'girlfriend', or 'female UFC fighter'."

Most people don't care about irrelevant no-name WMMA fighters. A story about noodles isn't going to change that.

<DisgustingHHH>

Bec Rawlings feeling like a different fighter with no need to worry about a stupid weight cut

Now that Joanna lost UFC should move WMMA to Invicta. The 135 division sucks. The 145 lbs division is a bad joke.

You do realize that not only is that not going to happen, but the UFC is expanding WMMA in the promotion with the new women's 125-pound division. Dana has said most recently in a scrum before the Mayweather-McGregor fight that WMMA fights are one of the reasons the UFC has seen a significant increase in women watching the sport--which is great data for existing and new lucurative sponsors and commercial buyers. In other words, WMMA is making the UFC money.

You do realize that not only is that not going to happen, but the UFC is expanding WMMA in the promotion with the new women's 125-pound division. Dana has said most recently in a scrum before the Mayweather-McGregor fight that WMMA fights are one of the reasons the UFC has seen a significant increase in women watching the sport--which is great data for existing and new lucurative sponsors and commercial buyers. In other words, WMMA is making the UFC money.
Dana had also said that over 50% of viewers were female before UFC had women divisions.

Dana had also said that over 50% of viewers were female before UFC had women divisions.

I mean Dana does say dumb shit. But tell me you haven’t been to a bar in the last 3-4 years and tell me you haven’t heard dudes in their 20-30s talking about Tate, Ronda or PVZ. It definitely has a draw in today’s mma scene. Dern isn’t even in the ufc and casuals and big media outlets are aware of her presence.

Damn, I wish I knew that before I took a vacation day from work.

Worst co-main in the modern UFC history?

upload_2016-10-4_8-32-4-png.149731
Quick question! Does that happen to be the same douche that tried to intimidate Ben Nguyen at some weigh-ins only to proceed to get knocked out viciously in the first round?

Edit: I actually found the video.

Quick question! Does that happen to be the same douche that tried to intimidate Ben Nguyen at some weigh-ins only to proceed to get knocked out viciously in the first round?

Edit: I actually found the video.

Same guy.

Almost everyone else has no idea who she is, and why would they? She's 7-4 and competes in no-name organizations for the most part.

She fought Sarah Kaufman earlier this year at bantamweight. Even you, I assume, have heard of Sarah Kaufman, right? Or do I over-estimate you?

As for the losses on her record, Megan Anderson says she had been telling Jessy for a long time that she was too small for bantamweight and would win more at flyweight, and now she is finally dropping down.

I'd be surprised if there were three people on this entire forum that know who she is.

For you to think that so few people on this entire forum would know of a fighter who has fought on an Invicta FC card is foolish. Even more so a fighter who has fought on two Invicta FC cards, as has Jessy. And even more so a fighter who has fought on two Invicta FC cards plus also fought Sarah Kaufman earlier this year. Add to that the fame of the "wrong noodles" beatdown (and the fact that Pannie Kianzad did her infamous "butt bombs" attack on top of Jessy) and I think you clearly fucked up badly in your estimation.

e33ecbff6d707c0fbe510fd8d484a892.jpg

And the main point, all along, is, if a Sherdogger is going to make a fight announcement thread, they should do it right and name both fighters in the fight. That is just basic competence. And backing up this admonition is the fact that a mod changed the title of this thread to comply with that without me actually summoning any mod to do so.

Last edited:
That's doubtful.

"And notice, none of those threads included her name in the title, either. She's always referred to as 'woman', 'girlfriend', or 'female UFC fighter'."

Most people don't care about irrelevant no-name WMMA fighters. A story about noodles isn't going to change that.
What kind of noodles were they??

She fought Sarah Kaufman earlier this year at bantamweight. Even you, I assume, have heard of Sarah Kaufman, right? Or do I over-estimate you?

Of course. Who could forget the amazing match between 'Jessy Jess' and the great Sarah Kaufman at BFC, Bellator Fighting Championships. Wait a minute. Battlefield Fighting Championship? Oh.

Yes, I've heard of Sarah Kaufman. She's an actual name within the world of MMA. That doesn't make 'Jessy Jess' notable.

As for the losses on her record, Megan Anderson says she had been telling Jessy for a long time that she was too small for bantamweight and would win more at flyweight, and now she is finally dropping down.

I don't care about the excuses. Maybe she'll do better at Flyweight. Maybe she won't. But as of right now, her record stands at a miserable 7-4. That's can status.

Back