Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was a troll... but kobe def better than lebron... lebron is good at driving and jumping through or over people...or passing it off... and its like 50-50 on his threes and jumpers...

i would pick prime kobe over lebron any day
Lol love seeing ppl who know nothing about b-ball commenting. You do realize if he shot 50% from three, he’d be the best three point shooter of all time...? Lmao

He's physically gifted in ways one can only dream of....

Having said that, there is a real possibility he could be a total pussy who is not cut out for fighting.

Look at Brock....

Brock the dude who won a ufc hw championship in his 30s after doing fake wrestling all that time? Yeah thats a good example.

Bird is easily better than Lebron even without that jumping ability. Lebron is lucky that he plays in these soft years where any touch is a foul.

How is Bird easily better then Lebron? Bird was a better 3pt and mid range shooter, passing was equal and Lebron was better at everything else. Lebron had more MVPs, Finals MVPs, All NBA fist team selections. And most overlooked, he was 10 times the defender that Bird was

Ya know Luke Rockhold respects the hairline of Lebron James, Joe

How is Bird easily better then Lebron? Bird was a better 3pt and mid range shooter, passing was equal and Lebron was better at everything else. Lebron had more MVPs, Finals MVPs, All NBA fist team selections. And most overlooked, he was 10 times the defender that Bird was
Bird played in the golden era of the NBA, with the greatest players of all time and was great despite his injuries. NBA is soft as fuck now.

Basketball and football players would dominate mma and boxing if they wanted to. Bryant McKinnie knocked Shannon Briggs out when McKinnie was still a college kid. A college kid with no fight training knocked out a boxer that had held a world title. Imagine if McKinnie trained, though he would be way too big for the ufc heavyweight division.
If all NFL and NBA players turned pro, the best would dominate. But, most would fail.

Never heard this McKinnie Briggs story, but it sounds highly suspect. McKinnie apparently has a bunch of versions, and one guy claims he heard McKinnie surprise tackled Briggs as Briggs was fighting other guys. Who the fuck knows what really happened.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/Boxing/Shannon-Briggs-koed-by-NFL-player:923555

Bird played in the golden era of the NBA, with the greatest players of all time and was great despite his injuries. NBA is soft as fuck now.

The NBA is soft now. I do maybe have Bird ahead career wise for now. Lebron is clearly the far better player though and will finish his career higher up then Bird.

Lebron (if he stopped flopping) would probably do even better in the more physical NBA of the 80s. His physicality and ability to score with contact id amazing

I don't see Larry Bird or MJ being owned by a 5'9 dude.
Getting blocked once means nothing. A real b-ball fan would know this. Mj got blocked 4 times in one game by a nobody. Does that mean he isn’t the GOAT anymore? No. Dumb argument

I just want to say - I have nothing against James, nothing against black people, basically nothing against anyone. Just sayin.

So to your question (brilliant one to be honest):
So for me it's pretty close.

Good question for discussion though.
lmao. u seriously think ronaldo would have a shot in hell at out jumping Lebron lol. also Lebron ran the 40 in 4.6 seconds. he wins every event with ease aside from the endurance races

https://www.si.com/si-wire/2013/02/27/heat-james-ran-40-in-4-6-seconds

BiZowmhIcAE-Xu-.jpg

Not photoshopped.
yes it is. are you retarded?

Certainly has the mindset and little mans agression. Athletic freak also

Coast-to-coast dunk in 5 dribbles... This is an INSANE display of athleticism.

I meant over decades. A single olympics doesn’t tell you much.

Since 1980 USA has 1 gold and two silver medals at the Olympics.
Sweden has 2 golds, 1 silver and 3 bronzes.

USA has not won a WC gold since 1960.
They have, however, recorded 5 bronze medals.
Sweden has 8 gold medals, 16 silver medals and 14 bronze medals since 1960.

Current IIHF ranking places Sweden at 3rd and USA at 5th.

The NBA is soft now. I do maybe have Bird ahead career wise for now. Lebron is clearly the far better player though and will finish his career higher up then Bird.

Lebron (if he stopped flopping) would probably do even better in the more physical NBA of the 80s. His physicality and ability to score with contact id amazing
Also in the 80s nobody played defense hence the absurdly high team and individual scoring numbers.

do people still call him lechoke? lol... fuck NBA... who watches that shit

Well in 2016 he beat the team with the greatest NBA record ever while winning finals MVP and putting up stats of 29.7PPG 11.3RPG 8.9APG SPG2.6 BPG2.3. Did you stop watching in 2011 or something?

Kobe claims Magic was his favorite player growing up, but it was obviously Jordan. Kobe completely modeled himself around Jordan, from his moves, interviews, celebrations and mannerisms. Not to hate on Kobe because he is one of the greats, but in any sport ever i have never seen someone copy someone like Kobe did with Jordan
It’s conceivable Magic was his favorite player, but he found copying Jordan much more pragmatic for himself due to greater physical similarity. Magic was a power forward with point guard skills, very unusual, and nothing like Kobe.

Nothing wrong with mimicry either. Shakespeare was a massive mimic of Christopher Marlowe. Shakespeare might be the GOAT copycat.

The similarities are so incredible, some believe Shakespeare *was* Marlowe and Marlowe faked his death. Highly doubtful, but they wrote crazy alike.

My physical ability to score with your mom is amazing, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back