Jon’s weight was, um, unimpressive

He is not fat but soft,building muscle is one thing and getting tight is another thing..ıts easy tip to be tight too bad even those kinda high level sports guys dont know it

How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on?

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.

I remember about five years back Jones claimed he was 240lbs in this picture but I think this was when he was pulsing.

I guess now he's natty gaining.

jonny-bones-jones.jpg

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.
No one is putting 30 pounds of muscle in 6 months even with Peds

Looks are meaningless in a fight but from a strictly bodybuilding perspective, he’s old and got shit genetics to build muscle. Decent torso but meh arms and hilariously thin legs.

Jon looks in shape at 225 lbs.

Fo
I remember about five years back Jones claimed he was 240lbs in this picture but I think this was when he was pulsing.

I guess now he's natty gaining.

jonny-bones-jones.jpg
Good find. I think that’s what I was thinking of.

for some reason I thought he would come in looking jacked like that. But the natty part makes sense now, especially given his history.

Jon stated that he usually walked around at 235 lbs, so it's even less impressive than what you estimated.

He's probably juicing again anyway.
Josh Barnett never looked like an action figure, and he was juicing plenty.

Yeah I think he is too but he's gotta beat the drug test if he wants that big HW payday. So I imagine he's on some kind of measured doses of steroids now & not juicing his balls off. Maybe that's why his physique isn't as jacked as it previously was.

I guarantee Jones is in 1000% better shape than all but maybe 5% of the people calling him fat on this board

I would comfortably post that bet slip long before I'd bet on this fight.

In my AV pick I was 47, two years post back surgery, I had actually rolled off the shelf after being out of heavy resistance work for nearly 10 years. My body weight shot up from 190ish to 210 in about 3-4 months, then I leaned out at 197 IIRC when that pic was taken, muscle memory is a very real thing.

edit, yes I was on the TRT, just banging a compound pharmacy blend of Test/Nandro
Nandrolone isn’t common for TRT. How much mg of test and deca are you using per week?

How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on? I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so. But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in. A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack. What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.
Why are you staring at his ass?

He is 35. Unimpressive physique. Time gets us all.

I did gain body fat.

I gained about 30lbs or more. Had to lose 10lbs to get back to a similar body fat % as before.

I trained before to be in shape and for muscles. But never did it prior to bulk up and get big. A different mentality.
Nvm. I thought you are one of those magical sherdoggers that can gain muscle without fat.

It's almost like professional athletes who work out for 10+ years just can't actually gain alot of additional muscle. They can gain strength sure, but unless they completely sacrifice cardio they can't realistically add 10 to 15 lbs of lbm unless they use banned substances.

No one is putting 30 pounds of muscle in 6 months even with Peds

I've put on double that amount of weight in muscle in that amount of time. It's not that hard if you have the frame for it and are willing to eat a caloric surplus. Keep in mind these guys don't work day jobs and can focus entirely on training, eating and sleeping.

granted, I was in my twenties when I was doing it...

I've put on double that amount of weight in muscle in that amount of time. It's not that hard if you have the frame for it and are willing to eat a caloric surplus. Keep in mind these guys don't work day jobs and can focus entirely on training, eating and sleeping.

granted, I was in my twenties when I was doing it...

No you didn't..

No you didn't..

I could put on thirty pounds of muscle just doing pull ups in a month or two if I wanted to. Have done it before. It really is not that hard, you just have to eat.

Granted, I carry very little muscle day to day. So it's not like I am already "jacked" so to speak

Jon is 35 now. Metabolism is changing for the worse and adding so much weight is difficult to turn into muscle.

Lets see where his cardio is at though.

Oh and I think uncle Dana stopped him from picogramming this time around

Back