News Jon Jones vs. Cyril Gane. UFC 285. March, 4th (Jones Confirms in Video)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Whatever few inches he'll give up in reach, he'll more than make up in his natural heavyweight frame compared to a bloated Jones.

I doubt Jones will look bloated. He actually took the last couple of years to properly bulk up his frame to Heavyweight. On his instagram Jones looks like a legit Heavyweight now. He tipped the scales at 255, and looks in shape at Heavyweight.

easy decision win for Jones, 4-1 or 5-0 wrestling match

Gane ground game is terrible

He hinted at it a few times over the last 9 years. It was never a serious push and a lot has happened since then. Not sure why you losers frame it so bad like he's been promising to jump to hw every year for 9 years straight. He said he was aiming for certain time periods in the past and they didn't work out. Anyone with a brain could tell this time seemed at least a little more serious. Now it's even confirmed by Dana and you're still bringing up an almost decade old interview as a reason to doubt this fight is going down.

Hinted ? Is that how you are trying to downplay it ?

Fact is he said he was 9+ years ago .. he also has popped, been suspended, and stripped of titles

Yeah I'll believe it when he's walking out to the cage

Big deal .. hater cause he hasn't yet ??? Or I have doubts ...

<DisgustingHHH>

Jones gasses in the 1st trying to wrestle, gets TKO'd against the cage in the 2nd

It's his worst matchup... 2 year layoff, and Gane would be the most talented fighter he's ever fought. That might sound crazy at first, but it's really not when you look back. DC's up there, but held back by the ridiculous height and reach disadvantage. Gane will look VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL to Jones in stature. Whatever few inches he'll give up in reach, he'll more than make up in his natural heavyweight frame compared to a bloated Jones.

Cardio was the one thing Jones had going for him in a potential matchup with Francis, if he could just survive long enough to impose his skills. But here, Gane is the better striker. He has both the power, and presumably the cardio advantage at heavyweight. Clearly Jon will have to come in with a grappling heavy gameplan, but he hasn't been able to grapple shit lately at 205.

I think Jon pulls out of this one.
We've seen Gane's cardio, it's no better than Ngannou's. All Jon needs is one TD and the fight is over.

Can't wait for the presser. Wonder if we'll get a redux of this:

so if gane knock jones out will he be seen as someone who beat the goat

or someone who ko'd a old washed legend

Jones winning the heavyweight title would be quite a sight.
and this comes from someone that despises his ped usage

not sure if this was the smartest choice
gane is very quick and not your typical slow hw, with many tools

Lol at the 166 and counting Jones haters talking themselves into believing Jones will lose. They are like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football.

All I know...

ciryl-gane-dunk-ciryl.gif

VictoriousAgedGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

Jones coming back after a 3 year absence. At a new weight class. Bigger, slower, less cardio. vs. a natural, athletic heavyweight with speed, size and power. I don't think it's going to be pretty.

If Jones manages to pull it off though, I have no problem calling him the GOAT.

Ring rust is a bitch. I fear it will be the end of JJ and his first loss. But I hope he wins.

He could be training for a century, but that wouldn't mean he's good, would it?

Yes it would. You go hit up a gym broaden your understanding. Just the phisicality alone is something. You couldn't move Francis 1 inch. Of course he's good.

This is a potential boring fight.
I do tend to agree that this fight is *unlikely* to be a thrilling slugfest or whatever.

I think it'll be a relatively slow-paced and tactical 'chessmatch' with brief flurries of action.
I think Jones will be trying to take this to the ground as much as possible and on the feet Jones will be doing mainly long-range kicking, that's what he does.

I can see it going the distance, OR a W for Jones by sub. Gane's best chance is a KO I think, but Jones is hard to catch.

Big X-factor is we haven't seen Jones fight AT ALL for years and we have never seen him fight at HW. He could have developed new techniques or tricks or worked hard on certain aspects of his game. For sure Gane will be training TDD and wrestling a LOT, if he and his team are smart, and I believe they are.

Whoever wins, I'm just happy we have a whole new Heavyweight title-fight in a couple of months, I hope that whole UFC 285 event is great.

Back