Jorge Mario Bergoglio: Let's ban all weapons so there is no fear of war

Lavalamp

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

If some cities have a problem with stabbings, would there be knife bans?

Yeah, because no one went to war with primitive instruments over the course of history. I get that he is one of the more pure christian adherents, but he says some stupid shit.

There are already knife bans in place in many places.

knifecontrol.jpg

753.jpg

Sounds like a great idea. Wonder why no one ever thought of it?

Easy to say that when you have a big ass wall...

Just for fun...where do we draw the line? What doesn’t get classified as a weapon?

I agree with his sentiment to the extent that I agree with his overall position that the overall reduction of violent capabilities will necessarily reduce violence overall.

However, that purely collectivist and theoretical desire doesn't consider (a) individual interests toward liberty and protection [even if there is less violence overall, that makes no difference to the sudden victim of violence now unable to protect themselves] and (b) existing power disparities that could be in fact aggravated by bilateral disarmament.

Love him, and don't think this really deserves any jeers, but I personally disagree using my own principles.

Let's seriously think about this scenario for a moment.

A world with zero weapons. No guns, knives, missiles, etc.

What would happen? People would still wage war. They'd just use their fists. For a guy who is the Pope he doesn't seem to understand human nature very well.

Then let's ban all war so we don't have to live in fear of weapons.

Yeah, because no one went to war with primitive instruments over the course of history. I get that he is one of the more pure christian adherents, but he says some stupid shit.

He is not a pure adherent at all. He is a Marxist turd fuck.

I agree with his sentiment to the extent that I agree with his overall position that the overall reduction of violent capabilities will necessarily reduce violence overall.

However, that purely collectivist and theoretical desire doesn't consider (a) individual interests toward liberty and protection [even if there is less violence overall, that makes no difference to the sudden victim of violence now unable to protect themselves] and (b) existing power disparities that could be in fact aggravated by bilateral disarmament.

Love him, and don't think this really deserves any jeers, but I personally disagree using my own principles.

He is exceedingly stupid. No weapons do a fucking thing until people weld them.

He is not a pure adherent at all. He is a Marxist turd fuck.

He is exceedingly stupid. No weapons do a fucking thing until people weld them.

Love thy enemies and all that jazz.

There is no "we". That's why "we" are still conflicting daily on everything imaginable.

Love thy enemies and all that jazz.

That is a very tricky thing. Say if God will hold you accountable and judge your deeds and punish accordingly.
Now, if someone is say gassing Jews to death, would it not be love to stop them dead as fuck to stop even more punishment?

Plus, I won't get into the enemies are more like neighborhood enemies like petty rivalries and the statement is very hyperbolic.

But if you want to get into bible verses to contradict this POS pope and banning weapons, from JESUS HIMSELF!!!

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

And what happened when they tried to use it? Jesus lectured them, healed the enemy.

Jesus Christ, this is the thinking of a naive child. "Let's just ban bad things. That'll fix the world!" R.I.P. Catholic Church.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back