News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

Doesn't matter how strong his chin is. That liver is gonna get brutalized.

Yeah I think you're right. I was thinking how much of a test for Inoue this is considering he's going up in weight to fight the top guy in a new division and Fulton has a style which I don't Inoue has faced before. But watching Fulton's fights, I don't think he'll be able to get away from Inoue. He got dragged into a sloppy firefight with Figueroa who didn't seem to have much trouble getting close and catching Fulton against the ropes. Inoue would throw a lot tighter and harder punches at that range. I think Fulton's best chance is to outwork and constantly out position Inoue, but I don't think his footwork is good enough for that. We'll see if the size difference will make a difference but I wouldn't bet money that it will.

Inoue at +200 or better to win a Dec seems like a play w/ some value altho haven't bet anything myself yet...

yeah that's a very punchable face.

is he legit? i have no clue who that guy is.
that's sean zeittel, he writes for fight hub. he's legit, but from what I understand he's massively misrepresenting what Inoue said in Japanese and largley just running off of conjecture and guesswork

Fuck, nouya is already 30?
We need to appreciate his prime more before its gone.

too bad he didnt have a unification bout with Fulton before inoue moved up. He’ll be another stepping stone for Inoue’s second undisputed champion gain.

Carry? I already see him winning a title in a 5th class

It's weird when that happens isn't it? Especially because Inoue is obviously less mainstream than the likes of Floyd and Pacquiao, or even Golovkin and Canelo and hasn't been involved in huge fights - he still seems newish to me, I still kind of picture him as being early 20's and bursting onto the scene and proving to be elite with just a handful of fights.

So yeah is weird he's suddenly 30. Bear in mind Pacquiao and Floyd were 100% prime when they were 30 (they were both 30 when the demolished Hatton as it happens, and both looked great, pretty close to peak). Obviously those two did age very well, much better than average, let's hope Inoue does too and we still have a few prime Inoue years to go.

the thing with naoya is, this isn't the first time he's moving up to face the best guy in the division. the kid's done this several times already, and each time we wondered how he'll be able to handle a legit champion at a higher weight... and then he knocks them dead.

maybe he is biting off more than he can chew this time, or maybe he'll faceplant fulton double quick and we'll be pulling the surprised pikachu face for like the 6th time in a row.

Team Fulton accused Inoue of loaded gloves.
Very interesting
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/hTMDgcIU4Yw
what's with this i have proof on my phone bullshit? if you're going to make an allegation like that, you need to publish proof. and you don't just run your mouth about it, you make sure the athletic commissions and the sanctioning bodies are all informed about that.

isn't someone from the AC and the opposing team always present when the hands are being wrapped? he isn't talking about margarito using handwraps that turned into plaster, he's talking about the way they wrapped hands in front of everyone.

Team Fulton accused Inoue of loaded gloves.
Very interesting
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/hTMDgcIU4Yw

So two things -

1. The trainer told Fulton and Fulton specifically told him to let it go, but he ran with it anyway.

2. He said he's had proof from other fights but he waited until a few days before this fight to bring it to light?

Biggest load of shit i've ever heard. If you're scared just vacate the belts.

what's with this i have proof on my phone bullshit? if you're going to make an allegation like that, you need to publish proof. and you don't just run your mouth about it, you make sure the athletic commissions and the sanctioning bodies are all informed about that.

isn't someone from the AC and the opposing team always present when the hands are being wrapped? he isn't talking about margarito using handwraps that turned into plaster, he's talking about the way they wrapped hands in front of everyone.

Right. Neutral and opposing members are allowed to be present for hand wrapping, it's not like he went to into a secret room and dipped his hands in cement and came back like "you trust me right guys?".

Fulton knows he's about to get his ass beat. Here's his pitiful excuse
I dont think it's Fulton making the allegations as much as his trainer. I don't know this size difference is pretty interesting.
https://boxing-social.com/news/stephen-fulton-might-cancel-inoue-fight/

Just when big fights are signed weird shit start to happen…his trainer saying he “has proof” too..
Hmmmmmm. I think they just trying to get into the head of a guy who has the aura of being unbeatable.
Bro went all the way to Japan to pull this? Embarrassing
Not really steph's fault

Yes that's true but yet fighters still have been caught recently doing it....
So two things -

1. The trainer told Fulton and Fulton specifically told him to let it go, but he ran with it anyway.

2. He said he's had proof from other fights but he waited until a few days before this fight to bring it to light?

Biggest load of shit i've ever heard. If you're scared just vacate the belts.

I look at it either its legal to tape like that or it's not.
Interested in hearing what actual handwrappers have to say about it.
If they won't post the proof though, then its just tactics to get into the head of a guy the trainer is terrified of.

Yes that's true but yet fighters still have been caught recently doing it....
yeah? who? i haven't heard shit.

i mean it's a stupid allegation. it's either allowed, or it isn't. if it is, shut the fuck up. if it isn't, point it out when they're wrapping his hands and be done with it. running his mouth with "i have proof on my phone" conspiracy level bullshit is so fucking stupid i can't even.

This is bad news. In Japan they allow "stacking" and also allow it in some states here in the US but not in the UK. It isn't Steph it's his trainer that has such an issue with it. He'll be in the dressing room to watch them wrap Inoue's hands. He said if the tape touches the hands/skin and alternates between tape & gauze in a layered manner (stacking) then the fight is off. I personally think it should be prohibited everywhere but if they allow it in Japan, which they do, then Inoue isn't breaking their rules. Hopefully this is all just to get inside his head. However, I'm not certain that's what is going on here.

yeah? who? i haven't heard shit.

i mean it's a stupid allegation. it's either allowed, or it isn't. if it is, shut the fuck up. if it isn't, point it out when they're wrapping his hands and be done with it. running his mouth with "i have proof on my phone" conspiracy level bullshit is so fucking stupid i can't even.
We already know that Inoue's team stacks his wraps (see video below). It was a controversial topic last year and even Russ Anber weighed in on it. It's kind of a gray area as it's allowed in some jurisdictions but is prohibited in others. The Japanese commission allows it.

the way inoue wraps his hands are perfectly legal by the commission.
it's legal in japan, and also legal in different parts of the USA or the world.

NOW, fulton's trainer is raising an issue 3 days before the fight.
when he knew well in advance how inoue wraps his hands.
when he says he got proof, it's just prefight video footage of inoue getting his hands wrapped.
again it's legal in Japan, and legal by the commission.
fulton is now saying that he's doing it to protect fulton's health. which is completely bullshit.
they're asking inoue to wrap it in a different way.

team inoue's response to fulton.

"don't be naive. laughing..."

fulton is getting SCARED OF THE POWER... it's coming man

Last edited:
Back