Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.3 (New Character Posters and Trailer Promos)

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, do you still want Zack Snyder to Direct Justice League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: May 12, 2016

Rumor: Steppenwolf and Three Mother Boxes Plot Details for JUSTICE LEAGUE

Steppenwolf-Justice-League-051216-Dragonlord.jpg

Yesterday, Birth.Movies.Death's Devin Faraci reported that Steppenwolf will play the main villain in Justice League Part One, currently filming with director Zack Snyder, got a shot in the arm today as Heroic Hollywood has followed up with details that seemingly lend credence...and a good deal more detail.

Apparently an early portion of the film will detail a battle which took place centuries ago, when Darkseid was turned back by Amazons, Atlanteans and mankind. This battle will be the setup for the two Justice League films, as Steppenwolf (and presumably, later Darkseid) is on Earth in search of three Mother Boxes Darkseid left behind.

Those three Mother Boxes, according to the report, are the three you see a character rumored to be Steppenwolf manipulating in the "Homecoming" deleted scene from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which was released shortly after that film came to theaters.

Of course, we don't know much about the whereabouts of the Mother Boxes, other than that we saw one of them used to save the life of a dying teenager who will later turn out to be Cyborg in the S.T.A.R. Labs security footage Batman and Wonder Woman viewed in Batman V Superman. A good bet would be that each of the three Earth-born races that fought Darkseid got one of the Mother Boxes, and that both the Amazons and the Atlanteans have access to one of the others.

It's also worth noting that in Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman told the title characters, "I've killed things from other worlds before." This could suggest that, if this rumor turned out to be true, Wonder Woman was part of the original battle, which rumors peg as being 30,000 years ago.

More Justice League Movie Villain Rumors Start to Surface

Let's keep our hopes up

It may seem like I'm shitting on DC a lot lately but truthfully, I'm not necessarily loyal to Marvel or DC. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies ever- I saw it 3 times when it was in theaters, twice on opening weekend.

Dark Knight Rises was OK, could have been a lot better. Batman begins was great- solid trilogy overall.

I also enjoyed Watchmen and I happen to like V for Vendetta a lot- even though it's very different from the comic (which I happen to own)

BvS was just really disappointing. Man of Steel wasn't that great either. I did see potential- Snyder is great at framing a shot, filming action, he just needs a lot of help telling a story.

Hopefully he gets it on the Justice League movies.

Go watch Civil War. Then you won't need to ask me that question.

The best fight scenes in BvS involved Batman. In fact, they are the best fight scenes in any Batman film. Superman vs Super-Orc? About as interesting as Steve Reeves fighting himself in Superman III.

to be fair, they tone down everybody power a little bit to make the fight scene in Civil War Better.

Last edited:
DC just needs to stick to making Bats the majority of any movie, and everyone else a supporting.

Bafleck killing mercs is still better then any fight scene in Mcu.

I have not watched CACW yet, but if anything like the other Marvel Movies, DC has nothing to worry. Marvel will get the kids, and DC will have a more mature audience.

And that is not a knock on you. It is just that Marvel movies have a light hearted feel to it. The production value is not as high either.

You did not like the visuals, special effects, and soundtrack ? ? ?

I cannot understand why people watch a comic book movie for dialogue. It is about the action, special effects, and all the cool stuff.

Clearly you haven't read any of my other posts on BvS where I've specifically stated that it was well shot (visuals) and had good action sequences. Snyder is very good with the technical aspects of filmmaking (visualization, staging, mis-en-scene, sound, etc). Where he is lacking is in storytelling and characterization.

I find your comment about DC being more adult oriented to be particularly ironic. Most adults I know have more trouble with motivationless characters, illogical actions and gaping plot holes than kids will. Kids ignore that and go "cool!". If that's all you're looking for in a comic book movie that's perfectly fine.

Dialogue drives motivations. Motivations drive drama. Without any sense of drama the overall movie is less engaging to me.

Tonally, light-heared vs. serious is a non-issue. It's chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream. Both can be well made and rewarding or cheap and unsatisfying depending on the quality of ingredients and the skill of the craftsman. I have no problems with the tone of BvS, or MoS for that matter.

As I said before, if this was a cheap-o B move I wouldn't be upset about the lack of depth in the story. But for a Big Event movie that was supposed to showcase DCs place in the cinema world, this was disappointing. It's not a bad movie. It's just not a great movie. If DC gets someone who understands cinematic storytelling (like Afflec) I look forward to more DC movies. If Snyder keeps running the show, well I can wait for bargain matinees.

Update: May 12, 2016

Rumor: Steppenwolf and Three Mother Boxes Plot Details for JUSTICE LEAGUE

Steppenwolf-Justice-League-051216-Dragonlord.jpg

Yesterday, Birth.Movies.Death's Devin Faraci reported that Steppenwolf will play the main villain in Justice League Part One, currently filming with director Zack Snyder, got a shot in the arm today as Heroic Hollywood has followed up with details that seemingly lend credence...and a good deal more detail.

Apparently an early portion of the film will detail a battle which took place centuries ago, when Darkseid was turned back by Amazons, Atlanteans and mankind. This battle will be the setup for the two Justice League films, as Steppenwolf (and presumably, later Darkseid) is on Earth in search of three Mother Boxes Darkseid left behind.

Those three Mother Boxes, according to the report, are the three you see a character rumored to be Steppenwolf manipulating in the "Homecoming" deleted scene from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which was released shortly after that film came to theaters.

Of course, we don't know much about the whereabouts of the Mother Boxes, other than that we saw one of them used to save the life of a dying teenager who will later turn out to be Cyborg in the S.T.A.R. Labs security footage Batman and Wonder Woman viewed in Batman V Superman. A good bet would be that each of the three Earth-born races that fought Darkseid got one of the Mother Boxes, and that both the Amazons and the Atlanteans have access to one of the others.

It's also worth noting that in Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman told the title characters, "I've killed things from other worlds before." This could suggest that, if this rumor turned out to be true, Wonder Woman was part of the original battle, which rumors peg as being 30,000 years ago.

More Justice League Movie Villain Rumors Start to Surface

I really, really hope this means Mister Miracle and Big Barda are on Earth and will be in the movie. I would totally geek out if they did that. And with the DarkSeid storyline it would make total sense to introduce them in the JL movie. Scott Free does have his own Motherbox so maybe that's one of the three on Earth.

I need @Dragonlordxxxxx to start fancasting Big Barda. I so much want to see a Big Barda / Wonder Woman throwdown.

I need @Dragonlordxxxxx to start fancasting Big Barda. I so much want to see a Big Barda / Wonder Woman throwdown.
When casting for Wonder Woman, I always pictured her to have a ripped but slender physique just like the way the comic books have portrayed her over the decades. But with Big Barda, she's typically drawn very muscular-looking. I'm thinking any of the WWE Divas, if they can act.

the WWE Divas, although in terrific shape, they ain't got that mass, they got that ass tho

I'm not saying it's impossible for a good Justice League movie to be made, but I really doubt that it'll be for awhile. There hasn't been a great DC movie since The Dark Knight IMO. Batman V Superman had some great Batman scenes, but other than that the whole film was a big, bloated mess. I don't trust Zack Snyder to pull it off either, let alone this quickly when it took Marvel so long to set up the Avengers.

I find your comment about DC being more adult oriented to be particularly ironic. Most adults I know have more trouble with motivationless characters, illogical actions and gaping plot holes than kids will. Kids ignore that and go "cool!". If that's all you're looking for in a comic book movie that's perfectly fine.

Dialogue drives motivations. Motivations drive drama. Without any sense of drama the overall movie is less engaging to me.

Tonally, light-heared vs. serious is a non-issue. It's chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream. Both can be well made and rewarding or cheap and unsatisfying depending on the quality of ingredients and the skill of the craftsman. I have no problems with the tone of BvS, or MoS for that matter.

As I said before, if this was a cheap-o B move I wouldn't be upset about the lack of depth in the story. But for a Big Event movie that was supposed to showcase DCs place in the cinema world, this was disappointing. It's not a bad movie. It's just not a great movie. If DC gets someone who understands cinematic storytelling (like Afflec) I look forward to more DC movies. If Snyder keeps running the show, well I can wait for bargain matinees.

In a drama movie sure, but not in an action movie. I give you some examples. You ever see the Ronin with De Niro? story is not developed at all. JUst a bunch of crooks gather together, fight, great shots of France and Paris. You dont know what is going on until the end. What about No country for old men? You cannot tell me you like that dialogue. In Taken, its just kidnap girl, skills make me nightmare for men like, and kills everyone. In Die Hard, hostages are taken, Bruce Willis is nearby, and he fucks everyone up.

When casting for Wonder Woman, I always pictured her to have a ripped but slender physique just like the way the comic books have portrayed her over the decades. But with Big Barda, she's typically drawn very muscular-looking. I'm thinking any of the WWE Divas, if they can act.

In the animated movies, she is just tall, but very womanly with nice curves and pretty face.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a good Justice League movie to be made, but I really doubt that it'll be for awhile. There hasn't been a great DC movie since The Dark Knight IMO. Batman V Superman had some great Batman scenes, but other than that the whole film was a big, bloated mess. I don't trust Zack Snyder to pull it off either, let alone this quickly when it took Marvel so long to set up the Avengers.

It surely is impossible for any superhero team movie to be more corny than Avengers 1 and 2.

In a drama movie sure, but not in an action movie. I give you some examples. You ever see the Ronin with De Niro? story is not developed at all. JUst a bunch of crooks gather together, fight, great shots of France and Paris. You dont know what is going on until the end. What about No country for old men? You cannot tell me you like that dialogue. In Taken, its just kidnap girl, skills make me nightmare for men like, and kills everyone. In Die Hard, hostages are taken, Bruce Willis is nearby, and he fucks everyone up.

In a drama movie, in an action movie, in any movie. if you don't understand why someone is trying to do something, or want to know why someone is doing something - there's no tension. It's flat and boring.

Sometimes motivations are more hidden, which can create a more suspenseful feel. You mentioned Ronin. Throughout the first half of that movie Robert DeNiro's interactions with the rest of the gang are always slightly "off". He's clearly not just a crook and there's something more going on. In the clip below you can see the dynamics building, as DeNiro is established as knowing more than the others, Sean Bean starts looking like he might not be all that he says he is, and DeNiro pushes Natasha McIlhorne for more information than he really needs. What's DeNiro digging for? Why is he really here? That sets up the tension that runs through the first two acts of the movie.

Die Hard establishes Bruce Willis as an Average Joe pretty well in the first 15 minutes of the movie. NY cop, issues with his wife, nice guy. Alan Rickman's Gruber is established as smart and ruthless. That's what makes the scene below so tense - is Gruber going to outsmart McClane?

Now if you want an interesting comparison, look at the difference in McClane between Die Hard 1 and Die Hard 4. By Die Hard 4 McClane is no longer an average joe, he's superman. He can beat trained assassins, take out jet fighters, defy the laws of gravity and bullet wounds heal in minutes.

Just something I was thinking about: Is there a difference between what people who grew up in the 80s and 90s prefer out of these movies?

I feel like a lot of the 30 yr olds like the lighter more kid friendly stuff. During the build up to BvS ive never seen more 30 yr old nerds obsessed with that kid friendly argument. Honestly I was a bit creeped out by it.

For me that style doesn't land at all. Growing up in the 90s cartoons were a lot darker imo. Probably has a lot to do with my preference for DC's approach to comic book movies.

I see, well then yeah a Diva would be nice

I was thinking someone like Adriann Palicki. If she wasn't already in a Marvel property. And she could act. And she could do action scenes without looking stiff as a board.

So Marvel will have Thanos searching for infinity stones, while DC will have Darkseid searching for mother boxes?

Just something I was thinking about: Is there a difference between what people who grew up in the 80s and 90s prefer out of these movies?

I feel like a lot of the 30 yr olds like the lighter more kid friendly stuff. During the build up to BvS ive never seen more 30 yr old nerds obsessed with that kid friendly argument. Honestly I was a bit creeped out by it.

For me that style doesn't land at all. Growing up in the 90s cartoons were a lot darker imo. Probably has a lot to do with my preference for DC's approach to comic book movies.

What are these dark cartoons you speak of? Batman: TAS? Superman? X-Men? Spiderman?

I think the only superhero cartoon that could be considered dark at the time was the Spawn series on HBO

BTW I don't think the era where people grew up has any relation to their preference in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back