• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.3 (New Character Posters and Trailer Promos)

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, do you still want Zack Snyder to Direct Justice League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shazam starring Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam? Because that I can definitely see.
Hopefully this universe gets better so we get to see the Rock play someone cool and Powerful

Update: May 12, 2016

Rumor: Steppenwolf and Three Mother Boxes Plot Details for JUSTICE LEAGUE

Steppenwolf-Justice-League-051216-Dragonlord.jpg

Yesterday, Birth.Movies.Death's Devin Faraci reported that Steppenwolf will play the main villain in Justice League Part One, currently filming with director Zack Snyder, got a shot in the arm today as Heroic Hollywood has followed up with details that seemingly lend credence...and a good deal more detail.

Apparently an early portion of the film will detail a battle which took place centuries ago, when Darkseid was turned back by Amazons, Atlanteans and mankind. This battle will be the setup for the two Justice League films, as Steppenwolf (and presumably, later Darkseid) is on Earth in search of three Mother Boxes Darkseid left behind.

Those three Mother Boxes, according to the report, are the three you see a character rumored to be Steppenwolf manipulating in the "Homecoming" deleted scene from Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which was released shortly after that film came to theaters.

Of course, we don't know much about the whereabouts of the Mother Boxes, other than that we saw one of them used to save the life of a dying teenager who will later turn out to be Cyborg in the S.T.A.R. Labs security footage Batman and Wonder Woman viewed in Batman V Superman. A good bet would be that each of the three Earth-born races that fought Darkseid got one of the Mother Boxes, and that both the Amazons and the Atlanteans have access to one of the others.

It's also worth noting that in Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman told the title characters, "I've killed things from other worlds before." This could suggest that, if this rumor turned out to be true, Wonder Woman was part of the original battle, which rumors peg as being 30,000 years ago.

More Justice League Movie Villain Rumors Start to Surface

Rumor: Willem Dafoe to Play an Atlantean in JUSTICE LEAGUE

Willem-Dafoe-Justice-League-051216-Dragonlord.jpg

When Willem Dafoe was cast in Justice League as a "good guy," it was hard to figure out just who he might be playing. Well, a new rumor says he'll be playing an Atlantean - but no word on exactly whom.

As far as famous Atlanteans go, there are few - especially when it comes to heroes. The most logical options seem to be that he would be some kind of high-up government aid to Arthur, or perhaps some version of the sorcerer Atlan - before he goes all corrupt and evil, of course.

The rumor at Birth.Movies.Death goes on to say they're altering the underwater scenes for Justice League and Aquaman with green screens and elaborate rigs instead of a water tank (the latter of which, thanks to his whole "ability to breathe underwater" power, requires a lot of breath-holding by star Jason Momoa). The green screen use will continue with much of Justice League, as Snyder plans to utilize it similarly to 300.

Rumor: Willem Dafoe's Mystery Role in Justice League Revealed to Be an Atlantean

"Mother box" sounds so freaking pervy.

Rumor: Willem Dafoe to Play an Atlantean in JUSTICE LEAGUE

Willem-Dafoe-Justice-League-051216-Dragonlord.jpg

When Willem Dafoe was cast in Justice League as a "good guy," it was hard to figure out just who he might be playing. Well, a new rumor says he'll be playing an Atlantean - but no word on exactly whom.

As far as famous Atlanteans go, there are few - especially when it comes to heroes. The most logical options seem to be that he would be some kind of high-up government aid to Arthur, or perhaps some version of the sorcerer Atlan - before he goes all corrupt and evil, of course.

The rumor at Birth.Movies.Death goes on to say they're altering the underwater scenes for Justice League and Aquaman with green screens and elaborate rigs instead of a water tank (the latter of which, thanks to his whole "ability to breathe underwater" power, requires a lot of breath-holding by star Jason Momoa). The green screen use will continue with much of Justice League, as Snyder plans to utilize it similarly to 300.

Rumor: Willem Dafoe's Mystery Role in Justice League Revealed to Be an Atlantean

If Dafoe is doing a DC movie, I wish they casted him as The Joker.

He's the only actor that could do a performance on par with Nicholson or Ledger.

Q6mAEGI.jpg

Very surprised in the results of the poll. Snyder's directing style fits DC films like a glove. Very few complaints about Man of Steel and BvS have been in relation to the directing.

The biggest complaints have been the scripts and pacing, which are more related to the writers and executive producers.

Either way, I'm still waiting for the 3-hour R-rated Director's Cut.

I had big complaints with LOTR ROTK, and after watching the Extended Edition it's my favorite of the trilogy. I'm hoping this Extended Edition has a similar effect.

I loved the BVS. I have no issues with the pacing or script. When I watch Marvel movies, I fall asleep, and cringe whenever someone tries to make a big statement like when Cap and company infiltrates shield, and rats out everyone. Geez, that is so corny. Or like in Days of Futures Past, and Magz and X are going back and forth on the plane.

That's because Snyder lifted that scene almost directly from Miller's Dark Knight Returns. The problem i have with it, and which symbolizes what I found disappointing about the entire movie, was that he got the action and design right but completely missed the underlying meaning. In DKR Batman and Superman are long time friends who disagree philosophically. Batman isn't trying to kill Superman he's trying to teach him a lesson. In BvS they have an almost irrational hatred for each other and decide that killing each other is the only solution. And the big turning point is "save Martha"? Holy lazy writing Batman. Who calls their mother by her first name?

After watching CACW today it made it even more clear that DC is screwed if they let Snyder manage their cinema universe. Maybe bringing Afleck in will help, but at the end of the day the guy they're trusting with their biggest properties is a guy who simply doesn't understand character motivation unless someone else has already spelled it out for him.

I have not watched CACW yet, but if anything like the other Marvel Movies, DC has nothing to worry. Marvel will get the kids, and DC will have a more mature audience.

And that is not a knock on you. It is just that Marvel movies have a light hearted feel to it. The production value is not as high either.

I think that's part of what disappointed me about BvS. If this was some low-budget, Golan-Globus Punisher movie from the 90s I'd be OK with BvS. But this was grinding up Kobe steak for hamburgers and slapping it on a supermarket bun. It makes me sad to see so much wasted potential.

You did not like the visuals, special effects, and soundtrack ? ? ?

I cannot understand why people watch a comic book movie for dialogue. It is about the action, special effects, and all the cool stuff.

I have not watched CACW yet, but if anything like the other Marvel Movies, DC has nothing to worry. Marvel will get the kids, and DC will have a more mature audience.

And that is not a knock on you. It is just that Marvel movies have a light hearted feel to it. The production value is not as high either.

DC has nothing to worry about?

What do you think they care more about, having a more mature audience, or more money, higher returns on investments, and profits?

CACW worldwide total will be higher than BvS by the end of next week. You can take that to the bank.

DC has nothing to worry about?

What do you think they care more about, having a more mature audience, or more money, higher returns on investments, and profits?

CACW worldwide total will be higher than BvS by the end of next week. You can take that to the bank.

Kids have to grow up. Childhood is short.

Plus have DC lost money on their movies anymore than Marvel? They can continue doing what they are and be quality, unlike Marvel abundance of campy humor, shitty H2H, Parkour, and pointless stories.

Kids have to grow up. Childhood is short.

Plus have DC lost money on their movies anymore than Marvel? They can continue doing what they are and be quality, unlike Marvel abundance of campy humor, shitty H2H, Parkour, and pointless stories.

None of this makes sense nor does it have anything to do with what I asked about

Which leads me to believe

They_2aac8b_657358.gif

None of this makes sense nor does it have anything to do with what I asked about

They_2aac8b_657358.gif

You question is irrelevant. Of course they want to make money too. Are you trying to say they have been bleeding money with their movies because no one wants to watch them?

DC is doing just fine. They can keep their style and they will be fine. Should all the the major studios start only making animated fairy tale movies so kids will watch because they is the easiest way to make money?

They_2aac8b_657358.gif

I stopped taking him seriously when he said the fight between Superman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday set the standard for Superhero fight scenes:rolleyes:

I stopped taking him seriously when he said the fight between Superman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday set the standard for Superhero fight scenes:oops:

because the Wolverine Vs Sabes and mute Ryan Reynolds, or Everyone vs Nega-C3PO clones on the floating city of Sokovia (why was it floating again), and Sons of Shakespeare, I mean Odin fighting off Legolas and and his fat thing are so much worse.

And i specifically wrote, superpowered fisticuffs. How else do you protray the battle between super humanely strong characters better?

because the Wolverine Vs Sabes and mute Ryan Reynolds, or Everyone vs Ultron clones on the floating city of Sokovia (why was it floating again), and Sons of Shakespeare, I mean Odin fighting off Legolas and and his fat companion are so much worse.

And i specifically wrote, superpowered fisticuffs. How else do you protray the battle between super humanely strong characters better?

Go watch Civil War. Then you won't need to ask me that question.

The best fight scenes in BvS involved Batman. In fact, they are the best fight scenes in any Batman film. Superman vs Super-Orc? About as interesting as Steve Reeves fighting himself in Superman III.

Go watch Civil War. Then you won't need to ask me that question.

The best fight scenes in BvS involved Batman. In fact, they are the best fight scenes in any Batman film. Superman vs Super-Orc? About as interesting as Steve Reeves fighting himself in Superman III.

I think I will go watch Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back