Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.3 (New Character Posters and Trailer Promos)

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, do you still want Zack Snyder to Direct Justice League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was just too damn good not to share, apologies if it has been posted already. I personally enjoyed the movie but this is well done. I'd embed but don't know how to for facebook videos.

That was amazing lmfao

This was just too damn good not to share, apologies if it has been posted already. I personally enjoyed the movie but this is well done. I'd embed but don't know how to for facebook videos.

It hasn't been posted yet. But I'm more partial to the video JackWhite posted a few weeks ago in the BvS thread starring Kevin Feige. Both videos are funny, but I guess it's a matter of which videos a person saw first.

Update: May 6, 2016

Ben Affleck Elevated to JUSTICE LEAGUE Executive Producer

Ben-Affleck-Justice-League-050616-Dragonlord.jpg

Ben Affleck, who is already starring in Justice League as Batman, will now act as an executive producer on Warners’ mega-comic book that is already in production, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Zack Snyder is directing the movie but the move legitimizes Affleck as a creative voice in the moviemaking process. The actor-turned-filmmaker will work with Chris Terrio, his screenwriter from Argo and Batman v. Superman, to fine tune the script and he will also inform the post-production process, according to sources.

The move comes as BvS has come to the end of its box office run, grossing $864 million worldwide. While that number seems solid on paper, the studio was expecting more. The fan reaction and review also seemed a rejection of the dark tone created by the movie’s filmmaking team.

That stands in stark contrast to what some observers are calling the “demand of the marketplace,” pointing to Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War, which has generated excellent reviews (it has 91 percent on Rotten Tomatoes) and could crack the top five box office openings of all time.

Ben Affleck Elevated to Executive Producer in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' Movies

Very surprised in the results of the poll. Snyder's directing style fits DC films like a glove. Very few complaints about Man of Steel and BvS have been in relation to the directing.

The biggest complaints have been the scripts and pacing, which are more related to the writers and executive producers.

Either way, I'm still waiting for the 3-hour R-rated Director's Cut.

I had big complaints with LOTR ROTK, and after watching the Extended Edition it's my favorite of the trilogy. I'm hoping this Extended Edition has a similar effect.

Ben Affleck Elevated to JUSTICE LEAGUE Executive Producer

Ben-Affleck-Justice-League-050616-Dragonlord.jpg

Ben Affleck, who is already starring in Justice League as Batman, will now act as an executive producer on Warners’ mega-comic book that is already in production, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Zack Snyder is directing the movie but the move legitimizes Affleck as a creative voice in the moviemaking process. The actor-turned-filmmaker will work with Chris Terrio, his screenwriter from Argo and Batman v. Superman, to fine tune the script and he will also inform the post-production process, according to sources.

The move comes as BvS has come to the end of its box office run, grossing $864 million worldwide. While that number seems solid on paper, the studio was expecting more. The fan reaction and review also seemed a rejection of the dark tone created by the movie’s filmmaking team.

That stands in stark contrast to what some observers are calling the “demand of the marketplace,” pointing to Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War, which has generated excellent reviews (it has 91 percent on Rotten Tomatoes) and could crack the top five box office openings of all time.

Ben Affleck Elevated to Executive Producer in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' Movies
Ben Please Fire Zack Snyder

Personally, I love Snyder's gritty batman.

"Well, here I am."

"I bet your parents taught you, that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all. They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

I loved it. There were some inconsistencies from Man of Steel to this movie and the script could have been better, like, IDK, the movie had some problems, but this version of batman is legit as fuck.

giphy.gif

"Well, here I am."

"I bet your parents taught you, that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all. They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to."

I loved it. There were some inconsistencies from Man of Steel to this movie and the script could have been better, like, IDK, the movie had some problems, but this version of batman is legit as fuck.

That's because Snyder lifted that scene almost directly from Miller's Dark Knight Returns. The problem i have with it, and which symbolizes what I found disappointing about the entire movie, was that he got the action and design right but completely missed the underlying meaning. In DKR Batman and Superman are long time friends who disagree philosophically. Batman isn't trying to kill Superman he's trying to teach him a lesson. In BvS they have an almost irrational hatred for each other and decide that killing each other is the only solution. And the big turning point is "save Martha"? Holy lazy writing Batman. Who calls their mother by her first name?

After watching CACW today it made it even more clear that DC is screwed if they let Snyder manage their cinema universe. Maybe bringing Afleck in will help, but at the end of the day the guy they're trusting with their biggest properties is a guy who simply doesn't understand character motivation unless someone else has already spelled it out for him.

That's because Snyder lifted that scene almost directly from Miller's Dark Knight Returns. The problem i have with it, and which symbolizes what I found disappointing about the entire movie, was that he got the action and design right but completely missed the underlying meaning. In DKR Batman and Superman are long time friends who disagree philosophically. Batman isn't trying to kill Superman he's trying to teach him a lesson. In BvS they have an almost irrational hatred for each other and decide that killing each other is the only solution. And the big turning point is "save Martha"? Holy lazy writing Batman. Who calls their mother by her first name?

After watching CACW today it made it even more clear that DC is screwed if they let Snyder manage their cinema universe. Maybe bringing Afleck in will help, but at the end of the day the guy they're trusting with their biggest properties is a guy who simply doesn't understand character motivation unless someone else has already spelled it out for him.

I felt how he tried to tie everything back to the character's parents was sloppy (except with batman), like, when superman was talking about his dad, it wasn't his dad in Kansas that wanted him to be superman, it was his Krypton dad. The stuff with Lex Luthor was too quickly said/done to have much impact, etc.

I agree with what you're saying. That scene where he says 'save martha' and batman stops like 'what did you say?' almost looked like it came out of a parody movie, but still, a lot of that movie was dope.

I felt how he tried to tie everything back to the character's parents was sloppy (except with batman), like, when superman was talking about his dad, it wasn't his dad in Kansas that wanted him to be superman, it was his Krypton dad. The stuff with Lex Luthor was too quickly said/done to have much impact, etc.

I agree with what you're saying. That scene where he says 'save martha' and batman stops like 'what did you say?' almost looked like it came out of a parody movie, but still, a lot of that movie was dope.

I think that's part of what disappointed me about BvS. If this was some low-budget, Golan-Globus Punisher movie from the 90s I'd be OK with BvS. But this was grinding up Kobe steak for hamburgers and slapping it on a supermarket bun. It makes me sad to see so much wasted potential.

BVS would have been better if they didnt try to shove so much stuff in

Man of steel is solid

"Well, here I am."

giphy.gif

Agreed. Everyone has complaints about the scripts... 'Martha!' 'Why did you say that name?!?'... but from a visual perspective, both Man of Steel and BvS were 10/10.

Ben Affleck Reportedly "Unhappy" and "Humiliated" with BATMAN V SUPERMAN Reception

Ben-Affleck-Sad-Batman-v-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

As Civil War hits theaters and flies its way to the kind of box office Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice should have earned without much trouble, things continue to reshuffle at Warner Bros. As reported earlier, Ben Affleck has become executive producer on the already-filming Justice League movie.

Affleck and writer Chris Terrio are going to shape up the script to make sure it’s something people might actually want to see. Once filming is complete, Affleck will have some say in post-production concerns. This means Affleck is now creatively involved in the film on a very real level.

Birth.Movies.Death's sources say that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman standalone movie when the negotiations were still ongoing.

Sad-Ben-Affleck-Batman-v-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

This executive producer move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse, according to sources.

This is just the latest step in an ongoing shakeup at Warner Bros in response to Batman v Superman’s poor reception. While it’s certainly fascinating to see played out in public like this, the bottom line is a hope that these movies will actually get good. With the help of Affleck, an honestly talented filmmaker, that comes closer to being a reality.

Ben Affleck "Incredibly Unhappy" and "Humiliated" with Batman v Superman Reception

Good, Affleck IS a talented filmmaker, his batman movie is gonna be good as fuck if the character was anything like we saw in this movie.

Who died in the tower in the beginning of the movie? Was affleck saying 'dad' ?? Didn't his dad die years before that?

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Rumor: Ben Affleck "Unhappy" and "Humiliated" with BATMAN V SUPERMAN Reception

Ben-Affleck-Sad-Batman-v-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

As Civil War hits theaters and flies its way to the kind of box office Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice should have earned without much trouble, things continue to reshuffle at Warner Bros. As reported earlier, Ben Affleck has become executive producer on the already-filming Justice League movie.

Affleck and writer Chris Terrio are going to shape up the script to make sure it’s something people might actually want to see. Once filming is complete, Affleck will have some say in post-production concerns. This means Affleck is now creatively involved in the film on a very real level.

Birth.Movies.Death's sources say that Affleck was incredibly unhappy about the reception of BvS. He felt humiliated after spending so much of the press tour saying how much better this film would be than Daredevil. On top of that his agent was furious when Kevin Tsujihara jumped the gun and announced him as the director of The Batman standalone movie when the negotiations were still ongoing.

Sad-Ben-Affleck-Batman-v-Superman-Dragonlord.jpg

This executive producer move seems to help placate Affleck while also edging Zack Snyder out of a controlling central position in the DC Movieverse, according to sources.

This is just the latest step in an ongoing shakeup at Warner Bros in response to Batman v Superman’s poor reception. While it’s certainly fascinating to see played out in public like this, the bottom line is a hope that these movies will actually get good. With the help of Affleck, an honestly talented filmmaker, that comes closer to being a reality.

Ben Affleck "Incredibly Unhappy" and "Humiliated" with Batman v Superman Reception
Daredevil Had a Black Kingpin , I'll take that over Lex Zuckerberg any day for the week

Who died in the tower in the beginning of the movie? Was affleck saying 'dad' ?? Didn't his dad die years before that?

@Dragonlordxxxxx
I think that was just a top Wayne executive and a close family friend of Bruce.

(Lol at the scene where he starts evacuating the building AFTER Bruce tells him to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back