Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.3 (New Character Posters and Trailer Promos)

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, do you still want Zack Snyder to Direct Justice League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked MOS and BvS enough that I would like to see what Zack Snyder does with JL.

I believe the screenwriters should be changed, and WB needs to stop sticking their noses where they dont belong (Shoehorning in of JL in BvS was definitely a studio move).

Snyder + eventual resurrection of Superman = Jesus Christ as a menber of the JLA.

Im really tired of his jesus/fallen gods analogys/emo version of Superman, he will just go overboard with it.

I will be more open for a solo Batman movie since I enjoyed Batfleck and Snyders Arkham style fight scenes, also the overall grim and bleak thing goes well with a old DKR Batman.

Also I think Snyder has run out of Miller/Moore storys to keep making movies lol. (ok he still has a few).

He should copy Moore Superman storys and not his Miracleman ones for his version of Superman.

is Ezra Miller Funny ? because Flash need to be funny in this universe.

i hope cyborg is funny as well, JL need to have some comedy otherwise it will be hard to attract regular fans.

He is playing Barry Allen, who is not the very funny flash that goes to Wally West, Barry has more serious leaderlike personality he does have a sense of humor it's more deadpan dry sarcasm style of comedy he does. Whereas Wally is always wise cracking all the time, and has more juvenile behavior to ease tension in the league HQ

He is playing Barry Allen, who is not the very funny flash that goes to Wally West, Barry has more serious leaderlike personality he does have a sense of humor it's more deadpan dry sarcasm style of comedy he does. Whereas Wally is always wise cracking all the time, and has more juvenile behavior to ease tension in the league HQ

he is quite funny in justice league unlimited

I think David Ayer is about to hit a homerun with SS and he'd be a nice choice
Loved End of Watch and liked Fury but hated Sabotage. If he can pull off the Suicide Squad that I have visualize in my head, it's going to be great. Most of the Squad will die in the film but the secret is to make us care for these characters. But if he makes them totally unlikable like what he did with the characters in Sabotage, it doesn't bode well for SS.

I'd vote Guillermo Del Toro. He was already wanting to a do a Justice League Dark. He has a great visual style, is a true story teller and is good at both being serious and fun.

Loved End of Watch and liked Fury but hated Sabotage. If he can pull off the Suicide Squad that I have visualize in my head, it's going to be great. Most of the Squad will die in the film but the secret is to make us care for these characters. But if he makes them totally unlikable like what he did with the characters in Sabotage, it doesn't bode well for SS.

Have you seen harsh times?

Top tier Ayer movie

Update: March 30, 2016

Fans Launch Petition to Keep Zack Snyder as JUSTICE LEAGUE Director

Batman-v-Superman-Set-Zack-Snyder-Ben-Affleck-Dragonlord.jpg

In reaction to the petition launched yesterday to boot Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder off of Justice League and the DC cinematic universe in general, Marius Moller posted a new petition asking Warner Bros. to keep the director on. Moller wrote:

"Since the campaign to get Zack Snyder off the Justice League ive decided to do the opposite. I loved Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice and i have seen allot of others do to, even with flaws and other small nitpicks. I have also seen people who did not like the movie but still feels he is right for the Justice League, well here is your chance to spread some positive vibes to DC among all the negative they get these days.

We know Snyder and DC have a plan and an an arc they want to complete and we also know that more movies will come and other directors will be brought in to do their own takes in the future, there is no need to fire a compentant [sic] director who loves this franchise and does his best to bring us quality DC movies. Help me show DC that we do appreciate what they are doing and that they are doing it they're own way."

Fans Launch Petition To Keep Zack Snyder As Director For Justice League

Not sure where to post this

Looks like Ben has already finished the script for his batman solo movie

But as of right now he is not under contract for a solo batman movie

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," he says, adding, "there's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-has-written-his-879355

Personally, I didn't get the "disjointed/messy" vibe that a lot of people seemed to feel. I understood everything that was going on in the movie fine as it was happening. With that said, I may be in the minority, but for me movies are mainly a visual medium, and as long as the events in a movie make sense and it looks nice, I'll probably be entertained by it. I like Snyder's visual style, so I'm good with him staying.

It depends on whether the movie is going to be based on a pre-existing work. Snyder works best when he has a story reference (Dawn, 300, Watchmen). When he just comes up with himself he seems to have a lot more issues (Suckerpunch), although MoS wasn't bad. Visually and action-wise I like his movies. But as far as storytelling goes, he really needs a source to steal from... I mean "reference".

Update: April 3, 2016

Rumor: JUSTICE LEAGUE PART ONE Will Be Based on THRONE OF ATLANTIS?

Could Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. be using Darkseid and Apokolips as misdirection for the real antagonists of the Justice League film? On El Mayimbe's new YouTube show, Umberto Gonzalez reveals that he's hearing rumors that Atlantis will attack the surface world in the first Justice League film and will serve as the primary antagonists, not Darkseid and his Parademons.

Details are scarce but from what little is revealed, it's possible the film be based on Geoff Johns' 2012 miniseries, Throne of Atlantis. Additional rumors also peg Batman debuting the Bat-submarine in Justice League and that the Atlanteans and Amazons have a thousand-year conflict. Check out the report below, which starts at the 27:30 mark.

Rumor: Atlantis Is the Primary Antagonist In Justice League Part One, Not Darkseid

Doubt that Atlantis will be the main plot. That would mean that the entire BvS movie was one giant build up for....nothing? The hints were very, very strong that Darkseid and New Gods will be the main plot of JL. Part 1 needs to be gathering the Leauge members, and Darkseid generals coming to earth. Part 2 is Darkseid+ brain washed Superman.

Update: April 8, 2016

JUSTICE LEAGUE Reportedly Will Be More Crowd-Pleasing Than Previous DCEU Movies

Justice-League-Cast-BvS-Premiere-Dragonlord.jpg

Variety's Kristopher Tapley wrote: "When I finally caved for a second viewing of Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, I spotted only six or seven other people in the theater. Even following a dramatic 69% second weekend drop, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

This is Batman v Superman, a blockbuster event meant to jump-start an entire cinematic universe, yet in its 13th day of release, the superhero pic mustered only $2.8 million, a number that couldn’t even match Marvel’s Ant-Man ($3 million) or Snyder’s previous foray Man of Steel ($4 million). It was a heavily front-loaded release, to be sure: a $166 million opening was a rallying cry for proponents in the face of countless critical pans. But at this point, hitting the magic $1 billion figure in worldwide grosses seems to be out of reach.

If all the recent release date shuffling and rumored restructuring of the Warner Bros. status quo didn’t make it clear, those numbers certainly should: They’re close to hitting the panic button in Burbank this week.

A report from The Hollywood Reporter suggest an ongoing culture shift at the studio, with fewer original titles being greenlit as WB doubles down on franchise generators like DC Comics, Lego and Harry Potter. Certainly there’s a fever, what with Disney printing money from the Star Wars and Marvel hit parade. But the hot seat is getting hotter, as this is the year Warner chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara’s chickens come home to roost.

Ben Affleck was cast in August 2013, and soon enough, he brought on Oscar-winning Argo scribe Chris Terrio to help turn the project into a thoughtful exploration of the comic book ethos. That was going to be crucial, given that Snyder is obsessed with iconography, a visualist more than a storyteller. Inevitably, though, the film became more of a corporate vision. It was given an utterly ridiculous title that bent over backwards to cram in three keywords — Batman, Superman and Justice (League) — and mandates were put forth to lay the groundwork. But underneath the promotional noise, a real attempt was being made to dabble in DC’s philosophical bedrock and deconstruct the tendencies of comic book cinema.

Nevertheless, we’re left with a movie in which a central character [Wonder Woman] literally sits down to watch trailers for three other movies. Batman v Superman is bursting at the seams, desperate to make up the ground DC has lost to Marvel over the past seven years. You can almost picture the boardroom meeting: “We need our Avengers now.”

In truth, the studio had a 40-year head start on Marvel. DC has been under the Warner banner ever since being folded into Warner Communications way back in 1969. Nobody quite saw this brave new world of grossly conglomerated media coming, but with a stronger vision, Warners could have been way out ahead of the game.

And that’s what seems to be missing: overriding vision. When you’re dealing with something as ungainly as an entire comic book universe, a certain amount of oversight — artistically invested, not corporate — feels only necessary. So the big problem, as far as I see it, remains this lack of a central node, someone akin to Marvel’s Kevin Feige who is intimately attuned to the source material, drawing the various strings together.

Snyder has been making the bulk of the creative decisions. And he has provided the fans with a lot of the imagery they want to see. But as skilled as Snyder is at capturing a striking frame, he just isn’t the guy to pull all of this narrative complexity together.

As for Batman v Superman, those involved weren’t prepared for the critical knives the film received, but they always knew it was going to be a transitional film, bridging the gap between Man of Steel (which was produced with no plan in place to expand the universe) and anything approaching the Avengers mold. But I’m told “Justice League” will be a crowd-pleaser more suited to Snyder’s talents, and that the upcoming two-part event is “extremely kinetic and visual.” It will be far more straightforward than existential in its handling of superheroes."

‘Batman v Superman’: Where’s the Superhero Suit at Warner Bros.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back