Justin blunders all over India

See the posts above for examples of people who can't be bothered to read the thread (or anything that contradicts their confirmation bias) before they make ill-informed comments.

Yea I was impressed that they broke a story that was harmful to the Trudeau government, the one that massively boosted their budget, as I've observed them putting a pro-Liberal slant on their reporting ever since the last election. The following day when they put out an article which I consider a spin job worthy of Fox News my cynicism was more or less restored. I don't irrationally hate on anybody, I'm deeply suspicious of almost everything this government does because I see that some key players in it were high-ranking members of the Ontario Liberal government (most notably Gerry Butts) and I see a lot of the same tendencies with them, particularly the willingness to use OUR money to buy elections. I'm not a partisan mouthbreather, what I want more than anything is to be proven wrong about this government but sadly I'm not very confident in that happening.
So, did you read the opinion piece I posted from NDTV that essentially backs up the CBC story?

I will support Andrew Scheer, but I think Maxime Bernier would have had a better chance against Trudeau.

I encourage you to read my earlier Post in this thread for a more balanced perspective.

It seems like the only people who think this trip was not a complete embarrassment are you and the liberal shills at the CBC. Even Huffington Post is slamming Trudeau:
(Canada's Trudeau Spurs Criticism, Raises Eyebrows On India Trip)

Andrew Coyne writing for The National Post:

How, it was asked, was Atwal even admitted to India, given his record?

Suppose the president of France were to visit Canada. Suppose he were of a party whose followers included supporters of Quebec’s secession from Canada. Suppose the purpose of the trip was, in part, to set to rest Canadian fears that the government of France was, at the very least, insufficiently supportive of the unity and integrity of Canada.

Now suppose, the French embassy put on an official dinner for the president. And suppose among those invited was Paul Rose (if he were still alive), the FLQ terrorist convicted in the murder of Pierre Laporte. Suppose, indeed, that he had appeared at an official event earlier in the trip, where he posed for photographs with smiling French cabinet members.

Finally, suppose the French president pranced around the country in a series of designer lumberjack jackets, and you have some sense of the catastrophe that has become of Justin Trudeau’s trip to India.

To really capture the enormity of the Trudeau government having been caught consorting with Jaspal Atwal, a former member of a banned Sikh terrorist group convicted in the 1986 attempted murder of a visiting Indian cabinet minister in Vancouver, you’d have to suppose Rose were not a resident of Canada but of France, and that, notwithstanding his record as a terrorist, he was welcomed as an active member of the president’s party.

... Did the Indians invite him? No. Did they intervene to prevent anyone from vetting the list? No. This is on Trudeau’s people, and on Trudeau himself, in whatever mix of recklessness and ineptitude may have been responsible: another foreign-policy debacle to add to this government’s growing and impressive pile. Avec moi le deluge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did you read the opinion piece I posted from NDTV that essentially backs up the CBC story?

I read it, I just don't see how it backs up the CBC conspiracy theory at all. It's an opinion piece saying that if Modi and his government were actually snubbing Justin over the Khalistani issue that it would be petty and unproductive. I can't really comment on that from the Indian perspective obviously but it's probably true I guess. I just don't see how that backs up the idea that a rogue faction somehow tricked Liberals into inviting Atwal to dinner or anything like that.

It seems like the only people who think this trip was not a complete embarrassment are you and the liberal shills at the CBC. Even Huffington Post Canada is slamming Trudeau (http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2018/0...ism-raises-eyebrows-on-india-trip_a_23369016/)

Andrew Coyne writing for The National Post:

How, it was asked, was Atwal even admitted to India, given his record?

Suppose the president of France were to visit Canada. Suppose he were of a party whose followers included supporters of Quebec’s secession from Canada. Suppose the purpose of the trip was, in part, to set to rest Canadian fears that the government of France was, at the very least, insufficiently supportive of the unity and integrity of Canada.

Now suppose, the French embassy put on an official dinner for the president. And suppose among those invited was Paul Rose (if he were still alive), the FLQ terrorist convicted in the murder of Pierre Laporte. Suppose, indeed, that he had appeared at an official event earlier in the trip, where he posed for photographs with smiling French cabinet members.

Finally, suppose the French president pranced around the country in a series of designer lumberjack jackets, and you have some sense of the catastrophe that has become of Justin Trudeau’s trip to India.

To really capture the enormity of the Trudeau government having been caught consorting with Jaspal Atwal, a former member of a banned Sikh terrorist group convicted in the 1986 attempted murder of a visiting Indian cabinet minister in Vancouver, you’d have to suppose Rose were not a resident of Canada but of France, and that, notwithstanding his record as a terrorist, he was welcomed as an active member of the president’s party.

... Did the Indians invite him? No. Did they intervene to prevent anyone from vetting the list? No. This is on Trudeau’s people, and on Trudeau himself, in whatever mix of recklessness and ineptitude may have been responsible: another foreign-policy debacle to add to this government’s growing and impressive pile. Avec moi le deluge.
Them and a rather large proportion of India.
Listen up. I know you and the other dolts have run out of anything positive you can say to defend Trump so you've realized the best way to distract from what an utter corrupt failure he is is to try and trash Trudeau at the slightest opportunity, but wait until he does something truly egregious and then you won't destroy whatever little credibility you have on this site.
This shit is stupid. The Indians don't give a fuck and neither should we. He walked away from this trip with a huge trade deal and Indian media portraying the visit as an overall positive for both countries; that's what is important here.

Them and a rather large proportion of India.
Listen up. I know you and the other dolts have run out of anything positive you can say to defend Trump so you've realized the best way to distract from what an utter corrupt failure he is is to try and trash Trudeau at the slightest opportunity, but wait until he does something truly egregious and then you won't destroy whatever little credibility you have on this site.
This shit is stupid. The Indians don't give a fuck and neither should we. He walked away from this trip with a huge trade deal and Indian media portraying the visit as an overall positive for both countries; that's what is important here.

This is not an isolated incident. Trudeau and his liberal party have been embarrassing themselves since they were elected. Many Canadians are beyond tired of this nonsense. The bizarre thing is that there always seems to be a terrorist involved.

From Canada's Global News:

COMMENTARY: Trudeau’s disastrous India trip won’t be forgotten any time soon

There are indeed multiple storylines to this fiasco, but the one that trumps all others by far is the fact that a man convicted of the attempted murder of an Indian politician in B.C. three decades ago, and who had previously belonged to a banned Sikh extremist group, was invited to separate events on the PM’s tour.

How on earth does something like this happen? If we’re trying to foster closer economic and political relations with India, pretty much the worst thing we could do is to send a message that we’re cavalier about – or worse, cozy with – Sikh extremists. Job number one should be putting the Indian government at ease about such matters, and the Trudeau government accomplished the exact opposite.

Ahead of Friday’s meeting with India’s prime minister, there were furious attempts by the government to dig themselves out of this mess, which, in keeping with the theme of this trip, really only made matters worse.

Amid the frantic search to find a scapegoat for this whole mess, veteran reporter Kim Bolan (who has covered Sikh extremism for decades and wrote a book about the Air India bombing) revealed Friday that information about Atwal was passed along to the Canadian Security Intelligence Service a week ago. That’s not the sort of thing that can be blamed on backbenchers or “rogue elements.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I read it, I just don't see how it backs up the CBC conspiracy theory at all. It's an opinion piece saying that if Modi and his government were actually snubbing Justin over the Khalistani issue that it would be petty and unproductive. I can't really comment on that from the Indian perspective obviously but it's probably true I guess. I just don't see how that backs up the idea that a rogue faction somehow tricked Liberals into inviting Atwal to dinner or anything like that.
The Atwal thing I really don't get, admittedly. Apparently, there was even a report that CSIS was warned about this guy but the info didn't get from there to the PMO. I don't think that's Trudeau's personal fault, but he clearly needs to take action to tighten up vetting and security. That doesn't make him "progressive cringe."
All in all, you and I are not far apart on this issue, but I think I see the CBC in a more favorable light because I know how antagonistic Harper was toward it.

This is not an isolated incident. Trudeau and his liberal party have been embarrassing themselves since they were elected. Many Canadians are beyond tired of this nonsense. The bizarre thing is that there always seems to be a terrorist involved.

From Canada's Global News:

COMMENTARY: Trudeau’s disastrous India trip won’t be forgotten any time soon

There are indeed multiple storylines to this fiasco, but the one that trumps all others by far is the fact that a man convicted of the attempted murder of an Indian politician in B.C. three decades ago, and who had previously belonged to a banned Sikh extremist group, was invited to separate events on the PM’s tour.

How on earth does something like this happen? If we’re trying to foster closer economic and political relations with India, pretty much the worst thing we could do is to send a message that we’re cavalier about – or worse, cozy with – Sikh extremists. Job number one should be putting the Indian government at ease about such matters, and the Trudeau government accomplished the exact opposite.

Ahead of Friday’s meeting with India’s prime minister, there were furious attempts by the government to dig themselves out of this mess, which, in keeping with the theme of this trip, really only made matters worse.

Amid the frantic search to find a scapegoat for this whole mess, veteran reporter Kim Bolan (who has covered Sikh extremism for decades and wrote a book about the Air India bombing) revealed Friday that information about Atwal was passed along to the Canadian Security Intelligence Service a week ago. That’s not the sort of thing that can be blamed on backbenchers or “rogue elements.”
Yeah, see above.

The Atwal thing I really don't get, admittedly. Apparently, there was even a report that CSIS was warned about this guy but the info didn't get from there to the PMO. I don't think that's Trudeau's personal fault, but he clearly needs to take action to tighten up vetting and security. That doesn't make him "progressive cringe."
All in all, you and I are not far apart on this issue, but I think I see the CBC in a more favorable light because I know how antagonistic Harper was toward it.

Trudeau's dancing is progressive cringe:

Bollywood bhangra blunder?: India not impressed with Trudeau's dancing

The headlines have been markedly different during the PM’s current trip. He has been ridiculed for his “too Indian” cultural outfits and grilled for flying in a renowned Indian chef at Canadian taxpayers’ expense. He’s also been plagued by issues related to Sikh separatism, which only grew more intense when a convicted extremist was photographed with Sophie and invited to a dinner hosted by the PM.

A good article featured in the National Post that summarizes all of the blunders during the Trudeau Family Vacation:

Six things that have gone wrong (so far) on Justin Trudeau's trip to India

1. Indians are finding his costume changes a bit much

2. Senior Indian politicians seem to be avoiding him

3. Trudeau is getting pilloried by foreign media (in some cases for the first time)

4. Canada brought its own chef to India to make Indian food

5. Canada invited a terrorist to dinner

6. Trudeau told an Indian audience that Canada is 100 years old

God this guy is cringe...

Imagine if a Chinese delegate came to America in full camo w/nascar shirt or

Middle eastern went to Scotland with bagpipes and a kilt lmao.

That’s what this dude is doing .

Trudeau is ridiculous. This may have been posted already but here is what Michelle Obama wore to India as a comparison:

Michelle%20collage%203.jpg

Brace yourself

LOL kid is cringing in almost every picture.

Poor child in the stroller died from shock.

Head scarf with a cowboy hat?

<Prem973>

What country country gave Steven Seagal that carrot? You guys need to send Trudeau there.

What’s the over under on how many times this low T bitch says “namaste?” If it was 10,000 I’d still take the over.

God this guy is cringe...

Imagine if a Chinese delegate came to America in full camo w/nascar shirt or

Middle eastern went to Scotland with bagpipes and a kilt lmao.

That’s what this dude is doing .

I totally disagree, Trudeau is no dude....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back