Justin blunders all over India

@nac386 Update:
The CBC just reported that having come to the end of his India trip, the overall impression from the point of view of the Indians appears to be positive. Seems like they finished up on a good note. So, like I said, no big deal.

I'd really like to know who had the idea to put him into all those traditional getups, whether it was the Indians or some PR person in Canada. That would make a pretty big difference in how deserving he is of criticism. Let's say he arrived and he was presented with them as gifts--he might think it's a good idea to wear them immediately (it's not)--that certainly wouldn't be something you could hold against him. But if someone here told him to wear all that stuff when he got there, he needs better advisers.

Well, he needs better people around him regardless if he's bringing Sikh terrorists with him on diplomatic/trade missions.

The fact that Trudeau is unable to determine when he is going too far says a lot about his lack of thinking skills and leadership ability. The guy is a fucking retard who has no clue what he is doing.

@nac386 Update:
The CBC just reported that having come to the end of his India trip, the overall impression from the point of view of the Indians appears to be positive. Seems like they finished up on a good note. So, like I said, no big deal.

Of course a liberal propaganda station like the CBC is going to downplay things and do whatever they can to make the liberal party look good. Trudeau paid them a lot of money when he was elected to do just that.

If a conservative PM dressed like an idiot and was caught mingling with a convicted sikh terrorist (Trudeau seems to have a thing for hanging out with terrorists) the left-leaning CBC would relentlessly attack him.

@nac386 Update:

Lmao that's like Fox News saying that Trump is doing a good job. That same CBC you're talking about tried to cover for the terrorist invitation by suggesting that it was a conspiracy by "rogue elements within the Indian government" - even though the guy was invited by a Liberal MP, even though Trudeau himself went to a freakin Khalistani rally last year!

We'll see how big of a deal it is as the negotiations for the trade agreement progress. India's government doesn't like our Liberal government because of its ties to Sikh separatists, the whole point of this trip was to smooth it over. Do you really think that Trudeau and them accomplished that, just by Justin and his family cosplaying and the Liberals inviting terrorists to dinner? As I said, we'll see but I'm not very confident.

While there's no doubt that this is pretty laughable, and they totally fucked up, but it doesn't seem to be that big a deal. There are certainly bigger laughing stocks on the world stage.
I just hope India has a better sense of humour about his than the typical WR poster.

Having a convicted Sihk terrorist hanging out with you while traveling in India is a pretty big deal. The whole point of Trudeau being there was to ease India's fears of Canada being sympathetic to Sikh separatists and then somehow a convicted Sikh terrorist is part of the Trudeau entourage. There is even a picture of the PMs wife standing with him.

No Big Deal:

sophie-trudeau-jaspal-atwal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that it was his idea. It seems to fit perfectly into his idea of showing cultural respect, however misguided.

He should be teased for his outfits, since he often looks silly as hell, but that's about it. I'd save any harsh criticism for actual policy issues.

That's fair enough as an American but I'm sure you can understand why Canadians whose tax dollars fund this government might have some harsher criticism. We essentially paid for an 8 day family vacation, a campaign for Indian-Canadian votes, and he doesn't seem to have smoothed over relations with a country that could and should be a much better trade partner to us. Note that the existing tension with India isn't with Canada - it's with the Liberal party itself! Because they have so many ties to Khalistani separatists. And they friggin invite one, a convicted terrorist, to a formal dinner with high-ranking ministers. This whole thing has been a fiasco from a Canadian point of view.

Serious question - how does this guy have supporters. I mean even Hilary pre all the alleged corruption - she had a certain toughness about her you could respect. Obama had charisma. Plenty of liberals have something.

This guy is just pure embarrassing cringe. Any Canadians give us some insight?

Trudeau is like the special needs child that everyone encourages no matter how retarded he is. No matter what stupidity Trudeau pulls his supporters excuse it with things like, "He meant well", "He is trying his best, but he made a mistake", "I think his intentions are good, but it was just not a good decision this time", "The people around him need to do a better job at advising him". These are the kinds of things people say about retards. These are not excuses that should be made for someone who is supposedly leading the country.

Justin Trudeau met Shahrukh Khan? That's kinda cool. It's funny that Justin Trudeau is in full Indian garb and Shahrukh Khan just looks cool as hell in a normal outfit.

Omg what an idiot.

edit: @Devout Pessimist
Lmao that's like Fox News saying that Trump is doing a good job. That same CBC you're talking about tried to cover for the terrorist invitation by suggesting that it was a conspiracy by "rogue elements within the Indian government" - even though the guy was invited by a Liberal MP, even though Trudeau himself went to a freakin Khalistani rally last year!

We'll see how big of a deal it is as the negotiations for the trade agreement progress. India's government doesn't like our Liberal government because of its ties to Sikh separatists, the whole point of this trip was to smooth it over. Do you really think that Trudeau and them accomplished that, just by Justin and his family cosplaying and the Liberals inviting terrorists to dinner? As I said, we'll see but I'm not very confident.
I invite you to see if Indian media portray the situation any differently than the CBC. FWIW, by the way, I never heard anything about them suggesting there was some kind of conspiracy. In fact, they had someone on who essentially raked Trudeau over the coals for this fuck up. I didn't see any attempt to minimize the issue. Say what you like but I have a lot of faith in the CBC.

So yes, it was a severe fuck up and it ran totally contrary to what they were trying to accomplish, but fuck ups sometimes happen where humans are involved. It seems like the Indians aren't all that phased by it.

Check this out:
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau Gifted Footprint Painting Of Rescued Pachyderm
Funny there's no pic of him like this ITT, wearing normal clothing:
justin-trudeau-at-wildlife-sos-mathura-650_650x400_51519468960.jpg

This story is dated today. There's no mention of any outrage, just people honoured to meet a foreign head of state.

Or this:

Rahul Gandhi Meets Justin Trudeau, Discusses Jobs, New Technologies
rahul-gandhi-justin-trudeau-pti_650x400_41519409934.jpg

""I had a warm and cordial meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister in Delhi this evening. We had a fruitful discussion on a range of issues concerning our two countries. I look forward to continuing the dialogue and building a lasting friendship with him," Mr Gandhi tweeted after the meeting."

Funny you see no sign of this narrative among the war roomers that have lost the ability to defend Trump who in turn try to discredit Trudeau.

And by the way, the site is New Delhi TV. The Trudeau visit doesn't even make the front page today.

That's fair enough as an American but I'm sure you can understand why Canadians whose tax dollars fund this government might have some harsher criticism. We essentially paid for an 8 day family vacation, a campaign for Indian-Canadian votes, and he doesn't seem to have smoothed over relations with a country that could and should be a much better trade partner to us. Note that the existing tension with India isn't with Canada - it's with the Liberal party itself! Because they have so many ties to Khalistani separatists. And they friggin invite one, a convicted terrorist, to a formal dinner with high-ranking ministers. This whole thing has been a fiasco from a Canadian point of view.

I have none of this background info. I'm just talking about his goofy outfits. I would defer to people who know much more about Canadian politics on anything else.

@nac386 It appears you are correct that it was his idea, but the reaction from India has not all been negative.

"The Trudeaus' Desi Wardrobe Turns Twitter Into Fashion Police"

"But many tweeted their appreciation for the Trudeaus' decision to wear traditional Indian clothes, calling it an attempt to pay tribute to Indian culture and customs."
"Justin Trudeau won the hearts of millions #India with his family’s choice of Indian clothes. Most of us loved it. Then, a cute photo op at the Taj Mahal.
Justin Trudeau comes across as an honest new-generation politician who embodies the best of young #Canada.#CanadaInIndia"

I invite you to see if Indian media portray the situation any differently than the CBC. FWIW, by the way, I never heard anything about them suggesting there was some kind of conspiracy. In fact, they had someone on who essentially raked Trudeau over the coals for this fuck up. I didn't see any attempt to minimize the issue. Say what you like but I have a lot of faith in the CBC.

So yes, it was a severe fuck up and it ran totally contrary to what they were trying to accomplish, but fuck ups sometimes happen where humans are involved. It seems like the Indians aren't all that phased by it.

Check this out:

This story is dated today. There's no mention of any outrage, just people honoured to meet a foreign head of state.

Or this:

""I had a warm and cordial meeting with the Canadian Prime Minister in Delhi this evening. We had a fruitful discussion on a range of issues concerning our two countries. I look forward to continuing the dialogue and building a lasting friendship with him," Mr Gandhi tweeted after the meeting."

Funny you see no sign of this narrative among the war roomers that have lost the ability to defend Trump who in turn try to discredit Trudeau.

And by the way, the site is New Delhi TV. The Trudeau visit doesn't even make the front page today.

I just sent you a video of a news feed in India discussing the concern over Canada's liberal party favouring Sikh separatists. There is more than just India criticizing Trudeau. Trudeau's blunders have made international news. There is far more negative press than positive. Even CNN wrote a less than flattering story about his India trip.

From CNN:

From 'snub' to scandal, Trudeau's India visit sparks outrage

Check this out:

Or this:

I posted the CBC article earlier itt where they tried to imply that it's a conspiracy by "rogue elements within the Indian government". It was fuckin hilarious, but sad at the same time considering that our tax dollars fund them. Yes, humans fuck up, but this Liberal government seems to do it quite often. As far as the flowery language used by diplomats, it doesn' always tell the whole story. We'll see how it all turns out, but the bottom line is I fail to see how the Liberal government were able to reassure the Indians that they (the Liberals) don't support Khalistanis. I also really feel that the real point of this trip was to campaign for Indian-Canadian votes in the next election and I don't like appreciate that at all seeing as how they're doing it on our dime. Obviously Singh as head of the NDP has them worried but I don't see why us taxpayers should pay for that.

I posted the CBC article earlier itt where they tried to imply that it's a conspiracy by "rogue elements within the Indian government". It was fuckin hilarious, but sad at the same time considering that our tax dollars fund them. Yes, humans fuck up, but this Liberal government seems to do it quite often. As far as the flowery language used by diplomats, it doesn' always tell the whole story. We'll see how it all turns out, but the bottom line is I fail to see how the Liberal government were able to reassure the Indians that they (the Liberals) don't support Khalistanis. I also really feel that the real point of this trip was to campaign for Indian-Canadian votes in the next election and I don't like appreciate that at all seeing as how they're doing it on our dime. Obviously Singh as head of the NDP has them worried but I don't see why us taxpayers should pay for that.
I don't disagree. I only disagree that he's some fucking horrible stain on Canadian pride and will forever ruin the country as we know it.
In terms of what he has actually done in Canada I'd say he gets a B-, but to me, that's a humungous step up from Harper.

Edit: please direct me to this source. Again, haven't seen it. But I did hear the minister in the vid posted earlier on CBC getting a full opportunity to express his concerns about the issue.

Like I said, they were also given a voice on the CBC and I don't disagree with what they said. He fucked up and he needs to work extra hard now to assuage fears that Canada favors Sikh separatism. But it's far from a fatal error.

Fuck the CBC. They are a liberal propaganda station. Try reading about what other Canadian media are saying. Here is a recent article from Maclean's magazine:

Justin Trudeau in the real world

Paul Wells: The prime minister’s so-called ‘state visit’ trip to India was so tone-deaf, hopeless and unserious he might as well never have gone

When travelling abroad, it is handy to bear in mind that the people you will meet are real people with real lives.

Justin Trudeau likes to preface his answer to any question about any secession movement anywhere with, “Well, as a Quebecer…” He needs to stop saying that. When he says that, he seems to believe that simply residing on Ave. des Pins in Montreal confers expertise on the intricacies of the customary international law of secession.

... maybe if you visit India, don’t spend the week parading across the landscape dressed like the Griswolds, to be met at a couple of stops by an easily-identifiable convicted violent extremist who has a well-documented recent history of popping up in British Columbia at Liberal events and on Liberal organizational charts. Especially if the fellow in question specialized in violence related to the very sectarian disputes Trudeau is suspected of taking too lightly.

Trudeau spent a half-day meeting CEOs in plush chairs tilted at 45 degrees to accommodate news photographers, something he enjoys doing because he hopes it’ll keep them thinking about Canada as an investment destination. But he visited none of those CEOs’ factories or office suites, scoped out no new site where Canadian developers or investors might make a difference in a country where hundreds of millions still live in poverty. If you’re all business, act like it.

It [the India Trip] follows a China trip in which the PM arrived in chinos and left with no trade deal, and an APEC summit in Danang that went so badly the Liberals had to send a sometime Liberal party factotum to Tokyo weeks later to mend fences. It’s not a great thing when the question that arises, consistently, when a prime minister travels is what the hell he thinks he’s doing.

I don't disagree. I only disagree that he's some fucking horrible stain on Canadian pride and will forever ruin the country as we know it.
In terms of what he has actually done in Canada I'd say he gets a B-, but to me, that's a humungous step up from Harper.

Edit: please direct me to this source. Again, haven't seen it. But I did hear the minister in the vid posted earlier on CBC getting a full opportunity to express his concerns about the issue.

This is a big deal because this is just one of many embarrassments Trudeau has been responsible for when he leaves Canada. He embarrassed himself in China, Japan, the Philippines and now India. As the Maclean's article I posted above said it is bad when every time Trudeau travels somewhere people are asking, "what the hell is this guy doing?"

From the Maclean's article:

Trudeau spent a half-day meeting CEOs in plush chairs tilted at 45 degrees to accommodate news photographers, something he enjoys doing because he hopes it’ll keep them thinking about Canada as an investment destination. But he visited none of those CEOs’ factories or office suites, scoped out no new site where Canadian developers or investors might make a difference in a country where hundreds of millions still live in poverty. If you’re all business, act like it.

Back