Karate Combat

I don't know why but the name reminds me of something like body combat (that gym class where girls punch and kick in the air).

It's been discussed in a lot of depth already both on this standup forum and on the MT/KB forum, I'd suggest using the search function and you'll find quite a few comments to go through about it.

But regarding your question on predictions of where it's going to go and if it will last, if I were to take a guess I'd say it will never become popular and die in not too long because of all the other options out there in terms of combat sports to watch which are already much more popular like MMA, Kickboxing, MT etc. And I say that as a fan of both Karate and Bas Rutten. Pro Fight Karate did something similar (which IMO was even better than this), and after a few events they had to stop because the number of people interested was smaller than expected.
Still think KC will be short lived?

just going through the thread and wondering if your opinion has changed

Just wondering before the new season begins, has anyone’s opinion on the league’s chances of lasting/getting mainstream popularity changed since first hearing about it?

Controversial stoppage in the final match of event 1, what do y’all think of the call?

Back