Keenan leaves TLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
for some reason, Lloyd reminds me of hitler.

Jackson: The enemy has made a breakthrough along a wide front.

In the south, they have taken Nakapan and are advancing towards Camp Springs.

They are at the northern city border between Jared Wiener and Wilson Reis...

...and in the west, they have freed Fuzzy, Snapple and Chim Chim

LI: Keenan's performance will bring it under control.

Jackson: Mein Fuhrer ... Keenan ...

Marcos: Keenan and the Medal Chasers left the fighter house in the middle of the night.
He wasn't able to perform, oops . . .

hitlerIpadDetail.jpg

I think he has a decent number of students. Maybe not as many as others would like to believe, but definitely a good number.

However, the space he is renting is probably super expensive. His houses that he has are all financed, as are his cars and his whole lifestyle.

Balto posted when the tax lien issue came up that most likely Lloyd is highly leveraged and the tax lien demonstrates severe cash flow problems. That definitely appears to be the case.

That's also why I thought that his realplayers ball crap seemed like a desperate cash grab.

Mind sharing which gym that is? I understand if you don't want to.

Don't mind at all, this shit dies in the light of exposure. I'm sure I'm opening my self up to more harassment but I don't care, this shit has to die.

I was at Daddis Fight Camps, mainly the Hamilton Location, but I would also go to Cherry Hill and Philly sometimes too.

I'm at Princeton BJJ now and its way a way better fit for me. So I did the right thing and I got rewarded!

Yes. People still supporting Lloyd at this point are going to have to deal with how others perceive their decision.

I got some messages from a few guys who were repping TLI at the Boston Open about how shocked they were that people have reacted negatively to them as a result. They say they have nothing to do with Lloyd, they train at affiliates, they know nothing, sticking with Lloyd is their instructor's decision, etc.

Really I don't want to hear that "I'm just following orders" Nazi shit. Each one can choose for himself whom he wants to represent. But if you think you can throw up the TLI gang sign on the podium and not catch any heat for it, you are mistaken. That sign means you support a sexual predator.

These accusations are not baseless. They are coming from guys who are close to the situation, and they are consistent. They may not yet be proven in criminal court beyond a reasonable doubt (and there is a chance they may never be), but they are certainly not baseless. These are solid and serious allegations.

If anyone is planning on defending Lloyd every step of the way down and then jumping ship at the end, may I suggest that he reconsider this course of action for the sake of his own reputation.

Absolutely this.

There have been how many first hand accounts now? It seems to me that it doesn't matter if it's 100 people vs 1 Lloyd. People are still going to give LI the benefit of the doubt, and I just think its a matter of common sense and even statistically speaking you'd have to be crazy to trust this dude.

I don't really think there is much of a start up cost to the Mastermind scam.

It's mostly marketed through the internet and word of mouth which are cheap/free. The convention costs are paid for by the attendee fees. The DVDs are cheaply made and probably done with an on demand publishing model. Basically they just wait until they have enough orders, do a small run of 100 or whatever, and then send them out. This would explain the long fulfillment delays.

Really the entire scam could be set up with almost no upfront capital.

The reason why his scam worked was because he actually had results showing from his gym. I'm pretty sure that somebody else trying to sell some shit like this with a gym with competitors of no accomplishments would have not succeeded.

Lloyd was making 50-75k+ a month just on his kids programs throughout the summer, a decade ago.........the guy had the customer base, period.

I'm just having a hard time believing that his school is really a shell. They must have at least the customer base you might expect from any other local gym. This would have been regular knowledge from people just dropping in while travelling, or the kumite competitors.

It's definitely not a shell. He has a reasonably sized school, and a good amount of students go there.

I think the point was that the numbers are inflated further from there to seem ridiculous -- like he is grossing millions per year or something. So even though there is a legitimate school underneath, its success is hyped up ridiculously to help with the scam.

It's sort of like the various Syndicate scam DVDs that came out. They were all like limited runs of 500 or so, they all sold out in a week, and only like one person ever asked for a refund or charge back. Do you really believe that?

The reason why his scam worked was because he actually had results showing from his gym. I'm pretty sure that somebody else trying to sell some shit like this with a gym with competitors of no accomplishments would have not succeeded.

It's a bit of a chicken and the egg thing, where him inflating his accomplishments leads to more students which leads to more concrete accomplishments which are then inflated again, etc.

But I will admit that there was at least some substance underneath it all at the gym. I just don't think it was nearly as revolutionary or different from other gyms as it was marketed. I always got a lot of hate for saying that, but I have been of the opinion for years that the other top competition teams train just as good, if not better, than Lloyd.

Lloyd was making 50-75k+ a month just on his kids programs throughout the summer, a decade ago.........the guy had the customer base, period.

How do you know that? Did you see audited financial statements?

How do you know that? Did you see audited financial statements?

When you walk around the gym in the summer and literally see 100-150 kids who pay $500+ a month over the summer, all one needs to do is the math.

Don't mind at all, this shit dies in the light of exposure. I'm sure I'm opening my self up to more harassment but I don't care, this shit has to die.

I was at Daddis Fight Camps, mainly the Hamilton Location, but I would also go to Cherry Hill and Philly sometimes too.

I'm at Princeton BJJ now and its way a way better fit for me. So I did the right thing and I got rewarded!

That makes sense. Daddis is TLI all the way. Some of us thought that Sanshou was actually Daddis himself posting on here (and when we started calling him Brad, he mysteriously stopped posting).

One of the biggest thing I took from all these knowledge bombs being dropped is the part about actual school size. While advertised to have many more and the school consisting of hundreds of students, the actual size of TLI's school is actually not much larger than his medal chasers and a few others... basically your average BJJ academy.

From reading other testimonies about training at the main academy, it also sounds like white belts there are left in somewhat of a "white belt purgatory", where the instruction is somewhat random and there isn't any system in place that allows them to improve until they pony up more money to get into the "combat gold" club. The regular classes taught basic techniques and didn't allow anyone to roll until they got their blue belt but if you were apart of the combat gold club, you learned more advanced guards and rolled from day one.

All of this "MMA Millionaires" business was just a pyramid scheme to get clueless business owners to "buy into" Lloyd's "secrets" (all of which can be learned using about 30 minutes of your time and Google) and then tying them down in financial nightmares.

In the end, there are no secrets, just hard work. People like Lloyd prey on the weak and the clueless. Like anything else in life or in business, no single person or "secret" is going to make you successful, it all depends on the individual.

I just don't think it was nearly as revolutionary or different from other gyms as it was marketed. I always got a lot of hate for saying that, but I have been of the opinion for years that the other top competition teams train just as good, if not better, than Lloyd.

There is no secret.. train hard with a group of like minded people.. and do it as much as you can.. take care of your body and watch what you eat..

I doubt Alliance or Gracie Barra has been implementing some Brazilian secret voodoo training.. it's pretty much what I wrote...

Absolutely this.

There have been how many first hand accounts now? It seems to me that it doesn't matter if it's 100 people vs 1 Lloyd. People are still going to give LI the benefit of the doubt, and I just think its a matter of common sense and even statistically speaking you'd have to be crazy to trust this dude.

All of the people saying Lloyd has to be criminally charged and convicted before they will believe any of it are in serious denial.

The standard for proof in a criminal case is extremely high. It is meant that way for a reason. To take away a man's freedom and put him in jail, you need to prove things beyond a reasonable doubt.

However, there is no beyond a reasonable doubt standard for choosing who to train with. There you can just go with likelihood. And even if these things are never charged and proven beyond a reasonable doubt, in no way, shape, or form should people be considering trusting their children with a guy like this.

I mean, the gang rape charge alone would have been enough for me, but I guess different people have different standards. Regardless, no responsible parent will be sending a child to him after this, and that is totally fair because there is no beyond a reasonable doubt standard when determining who to trust with your child.

I'm just having a hard time believing that his school is really a shell. They must have at least the customer base you might expect from any other local gym. This would have been regular knowledge from people just dropping in while travelling, or the kumite competitors.

its not, he hsas a shitload of students. he just ends up suing more when they cancel then he keeps. his overhead is higher than heleads on too. his net is what is lower than they expected.

From a poster on the underground:

"Just as an FYI, if anyone has installed Lloyd's (or an affiliate's) iTunes or Android applications, consider the permissions:

directly call phone numbers
take pictures and videos
approximate location (network-based
precise location (GPS and network-based)
full network access
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your SD card
read phone status and identity
receive data from Internet
test access to protected storage test access to protected storage

While these are fairly common permissions, I've seen enough "playing dirty" to say it's better to err on the side of caution and give a heads up.

I would carefully weigh whether or not the other apps from that company are worth keeping on the phone too, just in case. "

I mean, the gang rape charge alone would have been enough for me, but I guess different people have different standards. Regardless, no responsible parent will be sending a child to him after this, and that is totally fair because there is no beyond a reasonable doubt standard when determining who to trust with your child.

But only if they find out. Which I think is where the trial by internet comes in, and is 100% necessary. Adults can make decisions without a court approval, regardless if any charges get brought up.

Post by Tom Callos

Tom Callos - The UG said:
First, thank you to the fellows who've come forward with the truth. How refreshing to hear it. I've taken some heat from people in the bjj community who have just met me through this shameful, disgusting series of events, as I work in the "martial arts industry," teaching school owners how to run their businesses with honest tactics. More than one person has written to call me an opportunist and to stop shilling my services while Lloyd Irvin gets exposed for the man he is --and you too Marcos and other LI hucksters.

The primary difference between LI and myself is that I've actually run schools, big successful ones --and I've worked as an advocate in the MA industry for 2 decades plus. I've been speaking out about questionable practices advocated by almost all of the "martial arts business association." such as bait and switch, a lack of genuine training for instructors (other than sales training), high pressure sales, long win-lose contracts, and all the horse shit that Dan Kennedy style sales idiots try to paint as genius, secrets, and info that's worth paying big, big money for. Shame on you dishonest, bullshit, lying sell-outs.

Yeah, people have to sign up for the 100. ---but the difference between an honest consultant and a scammer is what's done with sign-ups, what the intent of those behind the scenes is. Nobody's ever been harassed by my solicitations --and nobody gets set up for the big sale. Anyway, that's not really this issue at hand is it.

What we need is to continue to get the women abused by this crazy cult of idiots and liars to come forward and tell their stories. We need someone to contact their attorney and talk about sexual harassment, molestation, rape, or whatever crimes or misdeeds have taken place. We need some of the people who have dropped their life savings into scams to seek retribution, to get their money returned to them, which is only fair.

Most of all, we, the martial arts community, have to speak out (like you have been, like Ryan, Georgette, Nak and Mel, and so many others) so that others don't fall prey to Lloyd and any other basket-of-cash hucksters selling smoke and mirrors and laughing at their cameras whilst holding your cash and driving your savings around like plundered treasure.

And for anyone who thinks I'm trying to take Lloyd Irvin's business: WHAT BUSINESS? What business was he in? Certainly not the one I've dedicated all of my adult life to, that's for sure. People who desire the bling, the cash, the cars, bars, and cigars don't look to me and mine. I'm like the ultimate tree-hugging, simple-living, save the fricken whales business coach of the martial arts world. Nobody looking for big money comes to me, because I don't lie about the work required to live beyond your means. That's what made that fool Marcos Avellon jump on me on facebook in the first place --I questioned the intelligence of a million dollar a year school. It all went down from there ---and, I should declare: thank the Gods we got Keenan out of that snake pit of idiots.

Don't ever come to me for help. I don't want LI's business. What I want is full disclosure --so that no martial arts school owner or school owner want-to-be will perpetuate or embrace the dishonesty, the scam-culture, and the blatant stupidity that LI and his rag-tag band of supporters tried to sell as genius, smart tactics, and guaranteed money makers. Lloyd Voldmort didn't invent these asinine tactics, there are other prominent martial arts consultants who've used them --and continue to use them today, so BUYER BEWARE.

THANK YOU again to those who stepped up. THANK YOU to the martial arts community for supporting those who step up. And nobody should be silent until justice has been served up --in spades. I know for a fact that LI's been telling victims that "Tom Callos is just after my business." That's complete bullshit and for the people who've asked me to stop pushing my charity projects and the 7 year project that has become The 100. ---no, sorry. Lloyd doesn't get to paint me as the opportunistic scumbag. I was working in and helping the industry when LI was in college chasing 17 year olds. I'm not letting any crazy stop me from doing my life's work, thank you.

Now on with the exposure --and let's get all the poison out of this so that we may then heal and proceed as teacher and practitioners who believe that honesty and hard work trump dishonesty and scam.

That makes sense. Daddis is TLI all the way. Some of us thought that Sanshou was actually Daddis himself posting on here (and when we started calling him Brad, he mysteriously stopped posting).

LOL, I try not to follow this too closely, but that is hilarious.

I think he has a lot of kids at his school and made good money. It just may be that he was living beyond his means.

Here's a judgment against him by American express.

LLOYD IRVIN
Address: 2111 MEDINAH RIDGE RD, ACCOKEEK, MD 20607-3704 (Prince Georges COUNTY)
AMERICAN EXPRESS BANK-FSB
Court Case Number: 050200406202010
Total Judgment Amount: $4,271
PRINCE GEORGES DISTRICT COURT #2(MDPRID2)
Court Phone: (301) 699-2789
Filing Date: 11/04/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back