Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Nobody's talking about Lombo on my channel. I like that.

They're not going to bring down a Baffert at Santa Anita are they? They better not.

Okay, enough already. The longer it takes to make a decision the more nervous I'm getting.

The hardest contact during that stretch run was caused by Bolt d'Oro coming off the turn. They can't change this. Please.

Jesus Christ, Bolt almost put McKinzie into the rail coming off the turn, and yet the stewards can't decide who was to blame there? Seriously, get the fuck out of here.

Reminds me of boxing, longer the Dec takes the more bullshit is likely to come, as you mentioned earlier. Ridiculous, and against Baffert on his own turf. Bad beat, well he won, but you know what I mean. Vic Draculich must've been a steward he loves dq's.

We're looking at Giant Expectations and Fear the Cowboy for the Big Cap @Sharkey ? They seem dead even in numbers do we just play the value or would you play Fear the Cowboy even at slightly better odds?

We're looking at Giant Expectations and Fear the Cowboy for the Big Cap @Sharkey ? They seem dead even in numbers do we just play the value or would you play Fear the Cowboy even at slightly better odds?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, Blunt, if even anything. Still a tiny bit ticked off at the way this day has been going with those two big longshots ruining my bets in the first two prep races and then the DQ in the last one. I'll probably play it since it's still an hour away and I already did the work for it. I prefer Fear the Cowboy of those two, but I have to let the board decide. There's also other options in the race too as the numbers say it's wide open, so if one of those 6 mentioned gets completely ignored I can jump in on it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, Blunt, if even anything. Still a tiny bit ticked off at the way this day has been going with those two big longshots ruining my bets in the first two prep races and then the DQ in the last one. I'll probably play it since it's still an hour away and I already did the work for it. I prefer Fear the Cowboy of those two, but I have to let the board decide. There's also other options in the race too as the numbers say it's wide open, so if one of those 6 mentioned gets completely ignored I can jump in on it.
Gotcha, understand that's gotta be a bitter feeling. Sorry again. Bad luck today. Will look for value on the aforementioned top runners, thanks buddy..

Gotcha, understand that's gotta be a bitter feeling. Sorry again. Bad luck today. Will look for value on the aforementioned top runners, thanks buddy..

Ah, I'm almost over it, bud. Stuff like that lingers a little longer since those without any stake in the race are saying it was a terrible decision. But hey. 'Get over it' as they say.

The Santa Anita track has been downgraded to wet fast, so that makes Giant Expectations look a little better to my eye. The last time he raced over an off track he won by nearly 10 lengths. He could also get an ideal trip stalking just outside the #1 or #2 horse (maybe both). Or they may even leave him alone on the lead. But we'll see what the board says as the race gets closer. I may end up taking the best price of Giant Expectations, Fear the Cowboy or even Accelerate (who won for me in his last race) as far as straight bets go, and maybe try some exacta & trfectas in there as well.

Hoppertunity was just announced as being a late scratch as I typed this.

I'm going to take a shot with the #4 Rocky's Show to win & place here in race 9 at Santa Anita.

Well, that takes whatever pain I had left away at almost 7/1. Very nice.

Back