News Kevin Holland offers to step in against JDM, despite being booked against Chiesa 19 days later

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'm in. Wasn't Buckley announced as Bradys replacement though? Or was that just rumor?

Holland is awesome. That guy actually means it when he says shit like that. I hope he gets it and goes 2-0. Chiesa is gonna be pretty tough, though.

Holland is a gangster! I love active fighters! Taking that fight vs Chimaev was dangerous and he saved the card. Respect to Holland for bailing out the UFC again.

Chiesa must be unhappy, if Holland gets hurt he looses his opponent

Holland is the man and smarter than most believe him to be. I think he knows his ceiling and is signing himself up for war all the time so he will be well looked after by the company later in his career.

Very smart guy and very fun to watch, by far one of the most likeable fan favourites at the moment

Isn't it clear what he is doing? He's fighting out his contract. I don't think he'll resign with the UFC after he does that.

UFC never "robs Peter to pay Paul" they'd never let Holland have two fights booked at the same time lol.

Given the choice though I'd rather see Holland vs JDM than Chiesa though.
They've pulled fighters from future cards to be replacements before.

Isn't it clear what he is doing? He's fighting out his contract. I don't think he'll resign with the UFC after he does that.
Why? Was he fighting out his contract in 2020 when he fought 5 times also? Or his 4 fights in 2022? He's always been an active fighter. He started his professional career in 2015 and already has 33 fights.

They've pulled fighters from future cards to be replacements before.

Yeah, primarily for title fights though. Like pulling Aldana from the Pennington fight to have her vs Nunes instead. Fairly unlikely they break apart Chiesa vs Holland though when the best justification is "we like that other fight better" and both fighters are over halfway through their training camps.

Best way to solve this situation is just put JDM on 290 and have him smash anybody (even if UFC has to sign a new opponent) and then turn him back around for UFC 293 for a real step up in opposition ie a Magny type.

Why? Was he fighting out his contract in 2020 when he fought 5 times also? Or his 4 fights in 2022? He's always been an active fighter. He started his professional career in 2015 and already has 33 fights.
He wanted to retire and do something else without being binded to a contract. There was interview where he wanted to do something g else aside being in the UFC,m. A couple years ago.

Win or lose, Kevin is fucking savage. Dude gives zero fucks.

Not a great idea to fight a strong up and coming striker, I suspect Holland thinks he's stand up is better than it actually is. Very risky and wouldn't even be the hugest win. What is more likely is Holland getting finished by strikes if he isn't careful. The Thompson beatdown is still fresh in my mind, and his chin will give out sooner rather than later.

Not fair to Chiesa. It's not uncommon for a third or more of fighters from events receiving medical suspensions of 30 days or more, so if Holland breaks a toe or something that leaves Chiesa without a payday, and the possibility of a winner's cut.
That's what I was thinking, he might be willing to fight twice in 20 days, but those last minute arrangements often happen after you've already fought recently.
The possibility that something wrong happens and he isn't even allowed to fight against Chiesa is quite high...
I don't think that should happen.

Holland is one of only 3 UFC fighters who fought 5 and also won 5 times in a calendar year. Guy likes to scrap. That's how it should be.
Oliveira is almost there. He fought from Sept 2018 to Nov 2019 5 times. So like 2 months shy.

Anyway highly doubtful UFC does this.

Let the bro bang. It's his health and the dude wants to work and get paid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back