Khabib brutally dwarfed by football player (van dijk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khabib sand Conor are the same height. Conor does his stance in every picture. Conor is the only one with charisma in the whole pic
Ahh come on...look at the Spider, he's such a G in that pic.

giphy.gif
LMAO

Emasculation? Obviously not a fan of him but Khabib would maul him. The tallest man in the world isn’t the most alpha and lol at betas who think that.

Lol, obviously Khabib would sub him in 15 seconds.

Virgil is the man though. Rolls Royce defender. If he trained I’m sure he’d be a badass.

I'm far from saying athleticism is all it takes.

In fact, i think athleticism as in being insanely strong or having crazy cardio is horrendously overrated.

The reason i'm saying football players have insane talent for MMA, is because their talent in coordination, football players at that level *all* have brains which are insanely good at processing fast movements, meaning things like catching a ball, playing a ball accurately over a distance with your feet when the ball is mid-air, or - in the case of MMA - strike with astounding accuracy; it's the exact type of talent guys like Silva, Izzy and Conor have, their sense of distance and their timing is on a level which isn't due to learning, but largely due to having a talent for it that's off the charts and so do basically all soccer players at that level.

As for the rest; Van Dijk might not be crazy strong in the upper body, but one can work on that and in terms of cardio, he'd very fast be the best in whatever division he'd play in.
In terms of cardiovascular fitness, soccer players are the best athletes on the planet in sports which are not about running itself.
" football players have insane talent for MMA " a bit too much mate ...

Athleticism is all that he has.

Tell that to Khabib & DC (insane strength), Colby (insane cadio) and Usman (both)

But saying it is underrated is a matter of by whom. I'd say I pretty accurately rate strength and cardio.

Better fit for kickboxing then, don't you think? Also it really depends on the player, they all have their specialties and they all aren't near equally well coordinated. Maybe Van Dijk is though, not sure. The ones that excell at street soccer are often the most nimble and well coordinated. Still very different movements to deal with a ball than a human being. Very different split second decisions to make for a soccer player than an MMA fighter. Of course, it could translate well, but I think it's far from a given that it would.

Sure, but he would never catch up with actual fighters.

Different kind of cardio. Especially when talking about the upper body. Dude's arms probably turn to spaghetti after he cuddled his GF for 5 min straight.
dustin poirier said khabib wasn't insanely strong at all, he fought stronger dudes

Well to be fair I'm pretty sure I and most of us bigger manlets always seek out big bouncer looking dudes to roll with and spar with just to emasculate them. Most of their egos can't take it and they quit soon after. The ones that stay are usually cool dudes to begin with. So it's not like we don't fuck with them.

I literally dont give a shit about the size of other dudes, I find it weird in all honesty. Unless I'm trying to fuck you (girls), I dont check you out up and down like a piece of meat lol.

What do you expect

A-Level athlete compared tk B-Level

Just wanted to point one thing out; obviously you need skills in football and every pro has one or more skills as agility, stamina, coordination, explosiveness etc where he excels at. However, because it is a tactical game, you also have some players that are physically/athletically gifted to a lesser extent, but they read the game very well. Marten de Roon of Atalanta would be a prime example, Ngolo Kante to a lesser extent. These are great defending oriented players, but they dont have the athletic ability some attacking minded players have.

You're right, but we use to say kante play like 4 so i'd say he's pretty athletic in his own way...at least in term of stamina and cardio he is a freak

Hard to believe.
that's call technic, do you grapple ? I am a purple belt and i consider myself quite strong ( 160-180 kg deadlift ), my instructor ( real ) black belt almost never does weight lifting, and he seems much stronger than me when we grapple.

That's the power of high lvl grapplers, they know how to pressure you and control you, without being that strong in reality.

Funnily enough, a soccer player at that level brings at least two things which help massively as a fighter: insanely good hand-eye-coordination (this term refers to the coordination of all limbs) and great athleticism all around.
they also have insane gas tanks

that's call technic, do you grapple ? I am a purple belt and i consider myself quite strong ( 160-180 kg deadlift ), my instructor ( real ) black belt almost never does weight lifting, and he seems much stronger than me when we grapple.

That's the power of high lvl grapplers, they know how to pressure you and control you, without being that strong in reality.

Yeah, I grapple. Oh I know he has a lot of technique and Khabib might not have used much strength in his fight with Dustin. Doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It's hard to imagine he isn't strong, it's not hard to believe that he didn't use it much against Dustin. DC, for example, said Khabib is really strong and I tend to believe him.

Also, like you said your instructor is still strong (grappling strength), so it's not logical to compare Khabib and take away that he isn't strong because he is also a grappler like your instructor

Yeah, I grapple. Oh I know he has a lot of technique and Khabib might not have used much strength in his fight with Dustin. Doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It's hard to imagine he isn't strong, it's not hard to believe that he didn't use it much against Dustin. DC, for example, said Khabib is really strong and I tend to believe him.
Of course Khabib is strong, he is grappling since he is a kid. I disagreed with the words " insanely strong ". Dudes who fought him said he wasn't insanely strong. At the end of the day i am just informing you, feel free to believe what u want ...

Of course Khabib is strong, he is grappling since he is a kid. I disagreed with the words " insanely strong ". Dudes who fought him said he wasn't insanely strong. At the end of the day i am just informing you, feel free to believe what u want ...

One dude you quoted. I quoted another dude. You could play semantics about "insanely" and change it up for "really", that's all pretty much besides the point.

One dude you quoted. I quoted another dude. You could play semantics about "insanely" and change it up for "really", that's all pretty much besides the point.
not semantic, "insanely" is something rarely seen, almost not normal, it is not " really " strong.

not semantic, "insanely" is something rarely seen, almost not normal, it is not " really " strong.

There are no official definitions to what constitutes "insanely strong" and "really strong" , just your personal definitions of them. That is a game of semantics you're playing if you want to nitpick which fits better. It all is still completely besides the point of the discussion I was having. You may call Khabib's strength whatever you want, bud. That's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back