Khabib Nurmagomedov Currently Weighs 166 Pounds - Will He Make Weight?

11 Ibs is not a lot, we are only on monday remember. He should be fine, as long as his most dangerous opponent ever Tiramisu doesn't show its face

If true, he's a natural at the weight provided that his diet is clean. He might even be able to lose pound or so before the cut.

Seems totally doable but...how much has he already cut? Its those last 3-5 lbs.

No....you can easily cut 10 lbs of water in 24 hours. I could literally go to the sauna now for 30 mins and cut 3-5. Slimming down during training camp isn't really 'cutting' because you're obviously not dehydrating yourself the entire time.

Have you got a source for that.
He cuts 45lbs to make weight? That just doesn't sound right.
Is this a 200lbs-Nate or a 5'10"-Eddie thing we got going in here.

it's not cutting weight if you get out of shape inbetween camps. Rampage got up to 250, no-one was out here saying 'he's bigger than JDS!!'.

If this is pre water cut, then this should put an end to all the retards who said that he cuts from 185-190lbs

lmao

he's lying dude. dont believe everything you hear.

if hes 166... that means hes already cut around at least 20 lbs of water weight. if thats true that means he staying at this dehayrated state for an entire week. He would be severely unhealthy by fight time.

If he had said 186, that would be more believable.

if you believe him, you simply dont understand the fight game and you believe everything everyone tells you.
Yea I don't get why everyone is taking this at face value. I don't think anyone tells the whole truth about their preparations.
Like GSP says, you got to play de cards close to the chest in de stock market eh.

He will be just fine.. some idiotic haters of Khabib still want him to pull out though.

Yea I don't get why everyone is taking this at face value. I don't think anyone tells the whole truth about their preparations.
Like GSP says, you got to play de cards close to the chest in de stock market eh.

C9AFB1F7-1422-0E8C-9A417DB0FBF74A3C.jpg

Easily. That's nothing with a normal weight cut

That’s only 11 lbs off and he’s not even cutting yet. I think he’ll be fine

On Ariel's show, Khabib said he weighs 166 pounds. That's only 11 pounds away from championship weight, and we're 5 days out.

After this, I'm feeling confident Khabib will make weight. Will still be nervous on weigh in day, though.

Thoughts? - Khabib has gotten progressively better at these weight cuts. Hopefully he makes it easily lik 223.

View attachment 444303
View attachment 444305

maxresdefault.jpg

How anyone can say that he is close, and it will be fine..
From these coments it is clear you have feck all idea about cutting.
He has been working his nuts off already, he looks drained as hell.
Anyone thinking he will maoe the weight no problems are dreaming.
He is not carrying water weight, so where is the rest coming from ?
Look at him for gods sake.
He is going to suffer MASSIVLY For these last few pounds, because his body is already on the edge.

That’s about normal. He will lose 2, maybe 3 more pounds through diet and training. Then cut the remaining water weight. That’s a pretty easy cut, all things considered. He’s in good shape to make weight.

Dont get me wrong nothing is certain but at 166 you guys need to stop biasly critizing the guy

He's missed weight twice, and looks like dogshit even when he doesn't miss. It's not bias when it's true.

That's a bit much, I'd expect around 170 lbs to be honest.
yeah IF he is really 166lbs today, then he makes 155 on Friday morning, 170lbs approx in the cage sounds about right. Adds back on 15lbs of water and food. Doubt he will be 175lbs in cage. Maybe close, hmm. But we won't know, so it's educated speculation.
I don't think Khabib is gonna lie about it, I just don't think he cares enough to con anyone, he just says it like it is.

166lbs 4 days out from weigh-in is not some vast monster cutting huge amounts week of the fight. Its sensible dieting and keeping bodyfat% as low as possible. Nobody wants a horrible draining near-death water-cut before a potential 5-round war. Not Khabib, not Conor, nobody.

this is where these guys get it right : leave yourself an ACHIEVABLE water-cut on fight-week. People like Dern, and Montano (sorry, but two recent ones) left an unachievable water-cut because they started fight week (Dern for sure) 23.5lbs over the limit. Unrealistic cut especially for a woman.

It would be great to know COnor's weight today too, but he'll never say.

Back