Kron had the most pathetic performance from a male fighter since CM Punk

He's probably just trying to fight out his contract.
Part of me feels like this might be the case. Otherwise I do t see the point. I think he’s trying to get let go. Maybe to get to One and grapple, maybe. It’s the only logical conclusion I could come to since he clearly didn’t care to be there at all.

Kron was fighting like it was 2005. But-scooting, pulling guard, being an elite BJJ guy and posing 0 threat off his back. Learn how to wrestle and trip. Shameful performance.

However, I think it's more of a Gracie problem than a BJJ problem. The fight right after between Lopes and Evloev was exciting as hell, and Lopes was going for sub after sub. Really nice arm bar and knee bar attempts. I know Evloev wreslted Greco Roman, I'd be surprised if he doesn't train Sambo.

I think its more like he was fighting like its 1995, BJJ guy using MMA as advertising for his training career.

Part of me feels like this might be the case. Otherwise I do t see the point. I think he’s trying to get let go. Maybe to get to One and grapple, maybe. It’s the only logical conclusion I could come to since he clearly didn’t care to be there at all.
He looked at his shit UFC pay, knew he time was running out on his fight career and wants to score that One championship deal whilst he still can. And yes you are right. There's an avenue for him to save face because he can have a run in their grappling division.

It really was the worse in several years. Braxton wad better

It reminded me of the Gracie that fought the Mexicutioner but it was much worse. It looked like a 5 year old fighting his drunk dad who had sympathy. Kron was incredibly ineffective and inoffensive. It was embarrassing

We've tried to put Gracies in modern competition for a while. Kron made no sense right now. He hasn't fought in 3 years and he's a goddamn loonie

If you're gonna evolve nothing then don't bother. Gracies lately have lacked striking, direction, cardio and takedowns and it was never more evident then tonight

It just occured to me if there was a Gracie who was a great Muay That striker but couldn't grapple,
they could make Happy Feet 2.

He had no takedowns and zero striking. What did he expect, the dude would magically flop to the ground for him to work on?

It really was the worse in several years. Braxton wad better

It reminded me of the Gracie that fought the Mexicutioner but it was much worse. It looked like a 5 year old fighting his drunk dad who had sympathy. Kron was incredibly ineffective and inoffensive. It was embarrassing
Was It Roger? Roger was pretty bad too.

Kron buttscooting like his ass was itching was highlight of the night, along with his old school kidney strikes from the guard.

Little did everyone know that Kron was actually honoring the 30th anniversary of the UFC. Nobody has fought that way since UFC 1
kolli-dog.gif

Modern day Graice's are BJJ practitioners not fighters old school Grace's fight any where street, ring, octagon regardless they had a chip on their shoulder to protect the family name now days new generations graice's can charge loads of money for bjj classes because of their last name.

He looked at his shit UFC pay, knew he time was running out on his fight career and wants to score that One championship deal whilst he still can. And yes you are right. There's an avenue for him to save face because he can have a run in their grappling division.

lol he got completely nullified by a striker who laid on his chest in his guard. That's all it took to completely shut out the BJJ ace. He wasn't even skilled enough to even get in any position where he might even threaten a sub.

Someone like Mikey in ONE would take Kron's leg off with complete ease.

lol he got completely nullified by a striker who laid on his chest in his guard. That's all it took to completely shut out the BJJ ace. He wasn't even skilled enough to even get in any position where he might even threaten a sub.

Someone like Mikey in ONE would take Kron's leg off with complete ease.
Still i think he can get more money there just based on this last name.

Jiu-Jitsu doesn’t need a wake up call, 99.9999% of no-gi champs have doubles/singles and standing sweeps of some kind.

It’s the GRACIE family, Helio’s descendants mainly, that refuse to wake up.
That doesn't explain why Rodolfo Vieira also sucks at MMA.

Modern day Graice's are BJJ practitioners not fighters old school Grace's fight any where street, ring, octagon regardless they had a chip on their shoulder to protect the family name now days new generations graice's can charge loads of money for bjj classes because of their last name.
His performance was old school Gracie BJJ. Those guys never cross trained and they used BJJ. None of those guys would last in today’s MMA scene.

That was so pathetic.. and that's why BJJ guys don't want to do MMA lol. It's very easy to defend nowadays.

I remember when i did bjj classes a lot of times we would roll starting grounded. I realized how bs that was and that rolling should always start standing and that bjj training should also have wrestling sparring. They focused on ground too much and were way too willing to play guard.

Jiu Jitsu community needed this wake up call because BJJ is due for a major transformation in the takedown department.

This is why Sambo is more relevant in today's MMA.

What a stupid comment. Kron hasn't been relevant in sport BJJ/grapplng for a long time.
So Gilbert Burns, Beneil Dariush, Demian Maia, Jacare, and the like need to be in for a huge transformation to be good at MMA? Just because one fighter didn't perform well means you lump them all in one category.

Tbh this is worse than any women fight I have seen
Nah. Did you see the striking of Pena when she was beating Nunes ass? Now that was fuckin trash level strikong technique. And that was championship level wmma. LMAO.

How does Rodolfo suck? He's got decent wrestling and passable striking lol.
He was subbed by Hernandez and nearly lost to Brundage. Put him with someone in the top 30 and see what happens.

Back