Rumored Leon vs Belal UFC 300

well, it looks like there are no other options. everyone else is unavailable. guess it’s finally time to give khamzat his title shot.
Would not surprise me if they do Edwards vs Khamzat for UFC300. They'll say to Leon : ok bro...either you're fighting Belal or you're fighting Khamzat, which one you want?

I'd say it's inevitable that Khamzat is fighting on UFC300m fighting SOMEONE. Maybe if Edwards declines both they'll do Khamzat vs Belal and say to Edwards that he HAS to fight the winner. Dunno really.

I wish I could clap, but I'm just not feeling it. Leon and Belal are the top two guys. But they're also the most boring two guys. Also, we've seen them fight for 5 minutes, and it went exactly how we expected it to go.

It's an inevitable fight. And, it's almost guaranteed to go 25 minutes without many big moments. Have them fight in England in March or July or whatever instead. It'll liven that fight up.

if this happens on the main card, it will be literally my 30 minute break to take a piss and grab more drinks / make food (basically what I do for WMMA)

Belal is good... but he is as exciting to watch as watching paint dry.

so...FFS....I hope not.
As a real fight fan,I find Belal's style facinating. It's SO basic,but he's still able to beat people with it. I want to see how far he can take it. Fuck anything else. He deserves this fight. I want to see it like I wanted Askren in his prime to fight GSP. Let's not guess,let's KNOW. What's the worst that happens,a boring fight? Big fucking deal.

Would not surprise me if they do Edwards vs Khamzat for UFC300. They'll say to Leon : ok bro...either you're fighting Belal or you're fighting Khamzat, which one you want?

I'd say it's inevitable that Khamzat is fighting on UFC300m fighting SOMEONE. Maybe if Edwards declines both they'll do Khamzat vs Belal and say to Edwards that he HAS to fight the winner. Dunno really.
Is khamzat still bouncing between divisions? I haven’t kept up w him, so I assumed he‘s gonna stay at mw. If he gets a ww fight on 300 instead of mw, Khamzat vs Shavkat gets my vote

Leon’s coach told Ariel they got the call to be on UFC 300. Shavkat is injured so Leon’s coach believes Belal will be the opponent though that has not been confirmed. Leon’s coach has not talked to Leon about UFC 300 yet, and is not sure Leon will want to fight in April. He says he’ll talk to Leon in about a week to get a feel for where Leon is at. When asked who Leon’s coach prefers, Leon’s coach replied Burns. He thinks Belal is not a big fight.

*starts around the 12:00 mark
*talks about Belal around the 20:30 mark.

Burns lulz. Leon's coach is a bitch. Belal literally just beat Burns and that would be the ultimate duck. ALso acting like Leon is above fighting in 4 months for an event as big as UFC 300. Who the hell does he think he is, Conor McGregor? 🤣 🤣 🤣

1703198744448.png

That has snoozefest written all over it.
This fight is an horrendous idea for UFC 300 lol, think I'll have to turn down your invite of coming over to watch on your 162 inch projector screen on the wall I'm afraid.

Just let belal have his title shot. He has earned it and his last 2 fights weren't AWFUL.

I'm fine with burying it on 300. Maybe the pressure of a bunch of other big fights will make these two fight better.

By the way, is it certain that this is just a random nickname ? I found this, and wondered if Colby was secretly a phonautograph enthusiast :
View attachment 1019013
Interesting observation. I find it highly unlikely Colby was imploring us to do any research to divulge the reason for this moniker but I have seen the sky grow dark on multiple occasions at abnormal hours and haven’t yet been eaten by a dragon so… 🤷‍♂️

Is khamzat still bouncing between divisions? I haven’t kept up w him, so I assumed he‘s gonna stay at mw. If he gets a ww fight on 300 instead of mw, Khamzat vs Shavkat gets my vote
yeah I think I kinda got it wrong, as Khamzat (or UFC...) has said he is at MW now so I don't think he is gonna try to cut to 170lbs anymore.
Fair enough.

Im going to record and save this fight for whenever I have trouble sleeping

My thread got deleted because it was hijacked by race baiters and Sherdog rewards race baiters by banning threads they target rather than the people being attacked with ad hominems so I'll write it here:

Belal will absolutely not get a title shot. Doesn't matter if he KOs Shavkat, then Khamzat, then Colby in a row. Regardless of win streaks or reality the logic stated publicly will be because he doesn't have enough finishes. That logic was not applied to Colby, who had less finishes.

And yes, Colby had less finishes and lower finish % in his streak towards the belt, which is an objective fact.

yeah I think I kinda got it wrong, as Khamzat (or UFC...) has said he is at MW now so I don't think he is gonna try to cut to 170lbs anymore.
Fair enough.
youre good man, it seems like Khamzat routinely calls out guys from like three divisions, it‘s hard to say what his crazy ass is doing lol

Ah shit. Well hopfully Leon wins because I do not want to see this get drug out with an immediate rematch.

Hopefully it's not the co-main.

Back