Little situation at my gim

- Drop him on the comentary table and go to the highest point at the celling.
Jump from there and hit him with a elbow drop.

shane-mcmahon.jpg

Get in shape and lay the smackdown on his candy-ass. You know thats is what you want.
Embrace the hate, unleash the fury.

Last edited:
Gerardi “Jerry” Rinaldi got to black belt level in 18 months (he got silver ADCC).
Gerardi got better at bjj than the head instructor of the association I train at in ~27 years.

Renaldi is a good wrestler in college. Our chief instructor is just some druggie piece of shit (got silver and the worlds back when almost everyone sucked) who smokes pot and scrolls facebook all day now.

thats why he achied that in such a short time, he was a grappler, that probably had more grappling time than most black belts going at adcc.

my quote wasnt directed to grapplers of other styles, but to athletes of other sports.

Hey guys, there's something that has been bothering me lately at my gim and wanted share...

So I'm a bown belt and have been been training for like 10 years... Had a knee injury (ACL surgery) and was out for like one year. Now I feel pretty good, almost 100%.

When I came back there was this new guy, big white belt with mma training experience, and he repetedly asked me to roll. I knew he injured a couple lf my teammates with leg attacks (nothing serious I think) and didn't really like his attitude, like he wanted to prove something, so I always said no to roll. The guy is also like 60 pounds heavier than me.

Now he's a blue belt, and lately he jokes with me like in a passive-agressive way, and today he insinuated I suck. I feel like I've got nothing to prove to anybody but that really upset me. Think I could take him but could get injured also...

Any of you had some similar stories?
New people stay stupid shit all the time. It's sad that attitude wasn't ground out of him while he was a white belt, but he will learn eventually. You are a brown belt and have nothing else to prove. I'm an older brown belt and I have to watch my rolls just to make sure I stay healthy. There is no shame in that. Let this guy think what he wants.

We often forget that this fighting and that we learn to protect ourselves this way.

I'm not training to take part in Mortal Kombat where everybody is injured after the first round, if I avoid abusing the injury of my training partner I can learn more in the roll. If he falls over or gives up something to protect the injury I only learn reactions to behavior that won't happen in competition.

I'm not training to take part in Mortal Kombat where everybody is injured after the first round, if I avoid abusing the injury of my training partner I can learn more in the roll. If he falls over or gives up something to protect the injury I only learn reactions to behavior that won't happen in competition.

fucking lol

Man - yeah, if you take one sentence out of the entire post, I'm sure you can insert any reality you want to impose. Have fun with that.

Gerardi “Jerry” Rinaldi got to black belt level in 18 months (he got silver ADCC).
Gerardi got better at bjj than the head instructor of the association I train at in ~27 years.

If there was ever an argument that the folk wrestling base is the most transferable skill set to submission grappling, this is it.

So after careful review of this thread the only proper thing to do here is to smoke weed with the guy in question while telling him about your surgical / injury history.

After you've had a reasoning session with him you can have a gentlemen's roll without so much ego and aggression involved.

If he doesn't trust him, he probably just shouldn't roll with him. It also raises the question of why the coach of the gym hasn't intervened if the guy in question is a dangerous partner to those around him. The reason I have an issue with people that dictate some special terms to rolls is because usually they tend to go the hardest.

"Oh man, my right shoulder was hurt two weeks, ago so be careful", what am I supposed to do with that? How do I avoid the entire right half of your upper body - sure, I can not go for Kimuras, but it just seems odd. I feel like it would be much better to just drill if something on your body isn't feeling up to par for sparring.

I know that I'm projecting on everyone though my own anecdotal experiences, which is a dangerous thought process, but it seems to be a type. By that I mean, the people that ask you to refrain from something, are usually going to smash cross faces, knee on face, and generally act like this is the final match of a tournament.

The 'good partners' are the ones that don't mention anything beforehand but tap when they're in a compromising position or beginning of a hold to mitigate any exposure of their injury.

I get what you are saying. I had a herniated disc in my next, and I used to tell folks I had a bad neck. They'd say "oh, okay. I'll avoid it" and I'd say "no, I'm just letting you know I'm going to tap quick if I get stacked." I was just calling the tap before hand so they didn't think I was a wuss, but it just made things confusing so I stopped talking about my neck and just tapped when I needed to.

However, "no leg locks" is pretty unambiguous and easy to understand.

I will also add if you haven't had major reconstructive surgery you may not be able to understand the OPs valid concerns. It sucks. It's expensive. It's painful. The rehab is long. You will miss work and drain your sick leave. You will miss activities with the family.

And, while it may or may not be psychological, it's hard to feel like your joint is 100% and as resilient as before (when it clearly wasn't that resilient to begin with.)

I wouldn't roll with the guy either.

Hey guys, there's something that has been bothering me lately at my gim and wanted share...

So I'm a bown belt and have been been training for like 10 years... Had a knee injury (ACL surgery) and was out for like one year. Now I feel pretty good, almost 100%.

When I came back there was this new guy, big white belt with mma training experience, and he repetedly asked me to roll. I knew he injured a couple lf my teammates with leg attacks (nothing serious I think) and didn't really like his attitude, like he wanted to prove something, so I always said no to roll. The guy is also like 60 pounds heavier than me.

Now he's a blue belt, and lately he jokes with me like in a passive-agressive way, and today he insinuated I suck. I feel like I've got nothing to prove to anybody but that really upset me. Think I could take him but could get injured also...

Any of you had some similar stories?
Just chin the big homo and stomp on his balls for 15 minutes. that'll sort the big bully out.

people insinuate i suck all the tine because im usually fooling around... but when i do recover i rip into them one good time just to show them

2 time ncaa D1 campion
This is not true. I wrestled against these guys in college. Rinaldi took 4th and 6th. A great accomplishment, but far far from a 2x champ.

Roll up with an AK47 out the passenger door and yell "riverside motherfucker" then click the empty gun and make him know if you wanted to you could have.

When you feel up to it start relaxed and easy, then go apeshit fucking berserk and injure him. Give him an ACL reconstruction.

It will be good for him in the long run.

And I'm only half joking. The half that isn't joking says make sure he taps at least 4x before you let go. 3 just won't do it.

The only reason there are weight classes is that people make more money for each weight class championship , same as boxing. Now stop bitching about it, 30 pounds isn't that much of a difference, you just want to make excuses for your lousiness.

If it was 60 pounds difference with lean body mass then there is a disadvantage.

you've just been posting dumb responses thread after thread. This one you just posted is beyond stupid

This is not true. I wrestled against these guys in college. Rinaldi took 4th and 6th. A great accomplishment, but far far from a 2x champ.

Lol. Reminds me of how everyone that wrestled in high school was somehow "state champ."

Must be nice. Maybe in a few years I can claim to be IBJJF champion.

Back