Little situation at my gim

Don't rise to the bait.

It's not worth risking you health.

Taking it from someone who's dealt with surgeries.

You're the better mental tactician when you dictate the time and place if any.

Be happy it's eating him up you won't roll with him if you want to be juvenile about it.

Good luck on staying healthy!

unless they train 6 hours a day 5 days a week, there is zero chances they will get to a purple belt level in 6 months. 3 times a week 2 hours per session, it will take him just as much as it would take to any normal person, they will be able to present more challenge because of the straighten and athletic ability, but technically, theres really no reason why they would get better than normal people.

That's mostly true unless the person coming in already possess the ability of a high level blue belt. I have a friend who got his purple belt in 3 years. He was a soccer player and track athlete in high school and college(just not D1) and he is in his mid 40's but in good shape and conditioning like a 30 yr old. He got his purple belt in 3 years.

For the past 2 years he competed a lot and medals and wins gold and silver at all the local tournaments. He does adults too not just masters.

BUT just like you said he is able to train 7 days a week sometimes twice a day. He trains at multiple gyms too.

Contrary to what Holt was saying, most of the injuries I see are not from submissions but rather from random explosions in weird situations that put you in awkward positions. Unpredictable movements which rarely work but often injure.
I wasnt referring to submissions. I was kind of saying what you are. Knowing what can go wrong in a position and staying in a compromised spot, then mis-timing your movements. Random explosions, you are totally right.

That's mostly true unless the person coming in already possess the ability of a high level blue belt. I have a friend who got his purple belt in 3 years. He was a soccer player and track athlete in high school and college(just not D1) and he is in his mid 40's but in good shape and conditioning like a 30 yr old. He got his purple belt in 3 years.

For the past 2 years he competed a lot and medals and wins gold and silver at all the local tournaments. He does adults too not just masters.

BUT just like you said he is able to train 7 days a week sometimes twice a day. He trains at multiple gyms too.

3 years is not 6 months let alone 3. 3 years is quite common, specially if you train 7 days a week 2 times a day, that dude problablt has more mat time that most regular purples who got their purple in 5 years...

3 years is not 6 months let alone 3. 3 years is quite common, specially if you train 7 days a week 2 times a day, that dude problablt has more mat time that most regular purples who got their purple in 5 years...

But in reality after his first year training as a white belt he already reach the skill level of a purple even though he just received his blue belt.

Technically he did it in 3 years but really reached it in one year he just had wait to be ranked up.

I'm probably wrong with the 6 month to purple belt remark but it can definitely be done in one year by high level athletes who train 5-7 days a week.

But in reality after his first year training as a white belt he already reach the skill level of a purple even though he just received his blue belt.

Technically he did it in 3 years but really reached it in one year he just had wait to be ranked up.

I'm probably wrong with the 6 month to purple belt remark but it can definitely be done in one year by high level athletes who train 5-7 days a week.

Of course bro, a year of 5 days a week 2 times a day, of course, he’ll 5 days a week of constant training 2 Hours per day is probably enough to be a very good blue or even reach purple level.. mat Time is what matters....

Our gym is legit, it´s pretty big and we have a lot of competitors, we always place 1st in team points in local comps. I'm not sure about this, but since my coach pays the owner of the gim for the mat, I'm guessing this guy must the gim's owner friend or something, that´s why he's giving his crappy mma classes. Not sure why he went to prison, a couple of times I saw some of his friends smoking weed just outside. Also one time there was a problem with some shit stolen. Not saying it was him by any means, but maybe his friends... Don´t know I kinda liked the guy at first but he finally managed to piss me off lol-

Hold on here, you are calling "his crappy mma classes" but then you come to this forum to complain when he called you out.

There is something fishy here.

Meh..... Go the other way. If he want to "win", let him. Tap, a lot. Let him pass guard. Barley fight the sweep. Flow. Make it so obvious he never knows for the next year if you are giving him position (or submissions) or if he is doing a good job.

60 pounds is 30 kg you have to change your game for such weight difference, you need strong legs and good balance.
You can't reach purple in 1 year, some concepts take years to sink in. If you wrestled before it will be easier.

unless they train 6 hours a day 5 days a week, there is zero chances they will get to a purple belt level in 6 months. 3 times a week 2 hours per session, it will take him just as much as it would take to any normal person, they will be able to present more challenge because of the straighten and athletic ability, but technically, theres really no reason why they would get better than normal people.

Gerardi “Jerry” Rinaldi got to black belt level in 18 months (he got silver ADCC).
Gerardi got better at bjj than the head instructor of the association I train at in ~27 years.

Gerardi “Jerry” Rinaldi got to black belt level in 18 months (he got silver ADCC).
Gerardi got better at bjj than the head instructor of the association I train at in ~27 years.

What was his background?

Wait until he gets injuried (everyone does eventually), and roll with him while he's in the recovering phase.

It's only a situation if you let it be. It's all in your head.

Always befuddling to see people care so much about the opinions of people they don't like

The only reason there are weight classes is that people make more money for each weight class championship , same as boxing. Now stop bitching about it, 30 pounds isn't that much of a difference, you just want to make excuses for your lousiness.

If it was 60 pounds difference with lean body mass then there is a disadvantage.

30 lbs is about 2 to 3 weight divisions. You're delusional if you don't think that has a effect.

In saying that, one caveat in a similar vein of your last sentence, is that I find that a beter measure if percentages rather than gross weight. 30lbs for a super hw has way less a effect as 30lbs for a roosterweight.

It has an effect but not in a measure that depicts the outcome of a fight.

Roosterweights have no strength that's why it has an effect on them lol.

If you care so much about weight wear weighted suits, you can add 50 pounds with these things, then you can move up 5 weight divisions.

30 lbs is about 2 to 3 weight divisions. You're delusional if you don't think that has a effect.

In saying that, one caveat in a similar vein of your last sentence, is that I find that a beter measure if percentages rather than gross weight. 30lbs for a super hw has way less a effect as 30lbs for a roosterweight.

After a certain weight there are serious diminishing returns in terms of cardio and mobility.

What was his background?

Renaldi is a good wrestler in college. Our chief instructor is just some druggie piece of shit (got silver and the worlds back when almost everyone sucked) who smokes pot and scrolls facebook all day now.

Back