Longshot bid proposes to split California into two states.

So Libs will get eaten by the next big Quake, and the rest of the State does not have to give crap. I can see that.

And here I thought what I wrote was clearly a joke. Back to the lab again, I guess.

Don't forget the nukes. The U.S. Government is going to want its nukes back from California, Hawaii and Alaska. Kind of like Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Of course they could say, "come and get them", like the Spartans told the Persians. Uncle Lee would be proud. :)

@Cint - yes, I forgot to Cc you on the flag issue. New California is going to need a state flag. A secession flag.

"During the secession crisis (Civil War), Northern California was securely in the Union's hands. Southern California, however, had a vocal minority of Southerners who had moved during the Gold Rush that wished to have Southern California secede from the Union and join the Confederacy."

Third time is a charm. American Revolution over taxes. American Civil War over taxes. New California secession over taxes. Americans love to fight wars over taxation. The Confederacy reborn...

@Captain Davis
Lol

Look at every War in history. Money and power are always the root cause.

Last edited:
Thank God, some Californians have come to their senses. Split the state into two. Keep everything that is 'shitty' in one area and everything that is 'good' in another. I second that and motion for the 51st state of 'New California', the California that does not suck.

• Renewed effort is underway to split California into two states- rural and coastal.
  • The founders of the effort are citing high taxes and low quality of life in the state.
  • Monday they released their own 'Declaration of Independence' calling California 'ungovernable' due to the high tax issue.
  • They want to create a 'free and Independent State with full power to establish and maintain law and order, to promote general prosperity'.
  • Keep the 'Rainbow Brigade' and high crime areas in separate 'shit' California.
Story 01: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/16/51st-state-california-has-another-proposal-to-be-split/

Story 02: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5280167/New-California-call-split-state-2-rural-coastal.html

We know now, since 1869, Secession from the Union is illegal. However, I'm not sure how counties/cities, secede from a state.

Maybe do what West Virginia did and seperate into a new state?

It should be North California and South California.
It's nonsense how a state that large isn't split in half.
Meanwhile, you have tiny states like North Carolina and South Carolina which should remain whole as one state.

This would likely be an economic disaster for New California. Most of the wealth and, therefore, tax revenue comes from what would remain in California.
SixCalifornias_0.png

Orange County and San Diego in New CA? Fuck that. Why would we want to be with a bunch of shitty and poor counties.

If they're doing that, they might as well go big. Secede from the U.S altogether, with Hawaii following suit. Hawaii, in turn, keeps all the military hardware which they then use to annex New California as a "protectorate". Not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot, huh 'murica? Of course, that will mean the Donald will issue a 50% tax on pineapples, leis, and spam musubi, just out of spite, whether or not they were imported. I feel the cause is worth the struggle, though.
Ft Irwin and MCAGCC 29 palms, MWTC Bridgeport as well as Barstow Logistics Base and China Lake and others, are all in the proposed 'new Cali', shit even Miramar and Pendleton are too

a staggeringly large portion of the US military is based in California

Won't the earthquake do that anyway?
<Y2JSmirk>

Orange County and San Diego in New CA? Fuck that. Why would we want to be with a bunch of shitty and poor counties.

It's hard to take that map seriously considering it shows Los Angeles as being in Ventura County.

wait, the rest of SoCal doesn't want to join me in LOVELY San Bernardino county?

you can sub Riverside or Imperial CO and it's the same thought haha

makes sense in a way, San Francisco and LA can be united into a giant shithole with open borders for all the pc shitheads to roll into

Keep everything that is 'shitty' in one area and everything that is 'good' in another. I second that and motion for the 51st state of 'New California', the California that does not suck.

lmao @ this statement too. Have you ever been to CA and specifically to those parts? This is something only a poor person would say, but then I looked at your location and understand why.

Thank God, some Californians have come to their senses. Split the state into two. Keep everything that is 'shitty' in one area and everything that is 'good' in another. I second that and motion for the 51st state of 'New California', the California that does not suck.

• Renewed effort is underway to split California into two states- rural and coastal.
  • The founders of the effort are citing high taxes and low quality of life in the state.
  • Monday they released their own 'Declaration of Independence' calling California 'ungovernable' due to the high tax issue.
  • They want to create a 'free and Independent State with full power to establish and maintain law and order, to promote general prosperity'.
  • Keep the 'Rainbow Brigade' and high crime areas in separate 'shit' California.
Story 01: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/16/51st-state-california-has-another-proposal-to-be-split/

Story 02: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5280167/New-California-call-split-state-2-rural-coastal.html

Newsflash: there's been a movement here since before I was in high school demanding we secede from Southern California. The latest incarnation would have it called "The State of Jefferson".

0.0000000001% chance of this ever happening. It has never enjoyed close to a majority of support in the state, and it never will.

Anyone know why wouldn't San Diego stay in california?

Because unlike LA and San Fran my city is not a shithole.
I have to work in LA and San Fran on occasion. Its crazy how many homeless people are on the streets in the open. LA is basically a salad bowel of diversity where you can walk a city block without hearing English and San Francisco full of intolerant white liberals. On top of that you feel trapped everywhere you go due to how crowded the cities are and in LA even the air is nauseating.

San Diego is like a giant small town in comparison.

This would likely be an economic disaster for New California. Most of the wealth and, therefore, tax revenue comes from what would remain in California.
SixCalifornias_0.png

They’ll make it all up selling the water supply to old California

Back