Machida month!

I don't see why people are saying he doesn't have another title shot left. He looks as good as he ever has.

I can't wait, but I will be on holiday at the time he fights. But, when he beats Rockhold he more or less has a title shot (if more impressive than Romero/Jacare, or if he decides to wait.) But I would watch him vs Rashad at 205 or 185, he would still knock him out, Tim Kennedy, Jacare/Romero, Bisping and Belfort. He still has a lot of good fights.

I can't wait, but I will be on holiday at the time he fights. But, when he beats Rockhold he more or less has a title shot (if more impressive than Romero/Jacare, or if he decides to wait.) But I would watch him vs Rashad at 205 or 185, he would still knock him out, Tim Kennedy, Jacare/Romero, Bisping and Belfort. He still has a lot of good fights.

Yeah I just want to see him fight until his decline is very apparent.

I don't see why people are saying he doesn't have another title shot left. He looks as good as he ever has.

Yeah I don't get it either.

He gave Chris a tough, tough fight and a different set of judges could have easily scored it for him.

I know for a fact Chris did not enjoy that fight. Until the Machida fight Chris never really got tagged with real power shots.

Yeah I don't get it either.

He gave Chris a tough, tough fight and a different set of judges could have easily scored it for him.

I know for a fact Chris did not enjoy that fight. Until the Machida fight Chris never really got tagged with real power shots.

really?:eek:
maybe machida won 2 rounds maybe... and thats honestly being generous
trying to say he won 3 is just... im sorry wrong.
another set of judges easily could hand out robberies sure but that dosent change the fact that the fight was not close. sure machida tagged him and put up a good fight. but dont delude yourself into thinking it could have gone either way.

Machida is one of my favorite fighters ever. I'd love to see a rematch with Weidman.

Machida vs Jacare or Vitor would be sick fights but theyre probably friends or something....

really?:eek:
maybe machida won 2 rounds maybe... and thats honestly being generous
trying to say he won 3 is just... im sorry wrong.
another set of judges easily could hand out robberies sure but that dosent change the fact that the fight was not close. sure machida tagged him and put up a good fight. but dont delude yourself into thinking it could have gone either way.

Machida finished strong, a lot of judges get swayed by that kind of thing.

Lawler v Hendricks 2 for example.

Machida finished strong, a lot of judges get swayed by that kind of thing.

Lawler v Hendricks 2 for example.

ill give you that. He put it on chris in the later rounds but even in those rounds weidman still fired back and even rocked machida. I just dont see how anyone in their right mind could give machida that fight. I mean no disrespect to machida cause he put on a great performance and hes a great fighter but sometimes I think his fans tend to see what they want to see in his fights and not so much what "really" happened. maybe its just a by product of his style. regardless machida is a great fighter and deserves respect.

I missed my opportunity to endorse this arbitrary... yay Machida! Hope it helps!

He lost the Weidman fight but it was close. Weidman outpointed him for two close rounds, won the third clearly, got beat up the fourth, and fought a close fifth that couldve gone either way.

ill give you that. He put it on chris in the later rounds but even in those rounds weidman still fired back and even rocked machida. I just dont see how anyone in their right mind could give machida that fight. I mean no disrespect to machida cause he put on a great performance and hes a great fighter but sometimes I think his fans tend to see what they want to see in his fights and not so much what "really" happened. maybe its just a by product of his style. regardless machida is a great fighter and deserves respect.

Big, big Machida here and even though I was so happy to see Machida going in full DGAF brawl mode, I knew he had clearly lost that fight. Even if you give Machida the last two rounds, Weidman still wins the first three by being more active in the first two and doing damage on the ground in the third.

Great fight in the end.

War Machida! He will make Rockhold look bad.

Agreed, always been one of my favourites.

This is one of my favourite images. Full-on MMA boner when this happened:

Machida_shogun.png
then JJ rolls up and merks both of them

Oh shit. Can't wait for this fight. The whole main card actually.

Long live the Dragon. Long live the Machida!

I actually like Rockhold and think he is primed to move into a nice title fight against The Chris. Something tells me though that Machida is going to get the W here

Back