Makhachev Broke Volkanovski

Yo, you talkin' about Volk and Makhachev like it's some kind of classic? Please, that fight was about as classic as a Bel-Air rerun. These guys were not on the level of a BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes or Chuck Liddell vs Randy Couture type of scrap. It was more like a basic cable brawl, and don't get me started on the judges givin' Volk the benefit of the doubt. If we're talkin' classic fights, that one ain't even on the map, bruh.

f64c63bf-897e-41b2-a55c-2e581accba47-jpeg.968193

I just saw a poll on youtube with thousands of Votes and it was 48% for Volk winning to 41 % for Islam. Media outlets are reporting this as controversial even Luke Thomas, MMA Guru and Jack Slack (sherdogs most respected analysts) said it could have went either way. Volk looked a division and half smaller and ended the fight smashing on an exhausted Dagestani yelling at him and now he's asking for the rematch and stating he felt he deserved the decision.

Whoever you think won is fine and I even anticipated Makhachev would break Volk in round 3 or 4 and get a submission but....Volkanovski may be the least breakable fighter I have ever seen. He's the greatest fighter on planet earth and his performance going up a division was amazing. This was history we watched and Volkanovski was on the best side of it despite losing.

Broke Volk? You couldn't be more wrong.

Bro, you’re definitely one of the most sensible posters there is these days. I also can’t help but think how many of these guys actually believe this shit they’re posting, or whether they’re just looking to wind people up in the light of a massive fight. It’s a bit of a cop out to rationalise opposite opinions like that, but you have to here. These guys are being fake to be annoying.

I never said that Islam won’t take the victory, it is official after all. But people remember more than those scores, it is just natural. You can win and not be a better fighter that night. Even if they don’t think about it, people naturally make a distinction between judges scorecards and who left a better impression as a whole, even if UFC doesn’t score ie like that. And it will be Volk for many people. You just cannot escape that based on that how it finished and how it looked easier and easier for Volk up until the end which looked easiest. Blame it cardio or whatever, I am just saying how it will be remembered. And yeah, Islam won, I know. It will still be questioned until the end of his career and more.

Only a few loud idiots would question a decision where one guy won the striking and grappling in 4 of 5 rounds.

Volk outperformed his underdog status, nothing more. That idiots like Joe Rogan sway that into a victory is his, and your, problem. Most of us know what we saw. Volk fought big, and he fought with spirit, and lost 49-46.

Just came here to say this is the first time I stopped reading a thread AT the thread subject lol...stopped at "...broke Volkanovski"...
"Makhachev Broke Volkanovski"

Volkanovski lost nearly all of the striking exchanges, had no case for winning, and was absolutely mentally broken by Makhachev after getting taken down in the fourth round. He doesn’t appear to handle power all that well at 155 nor does he appear able to deal with the threat of the takedown without having his offense effectively muted. The commentators said largely the exact same thing during the fight.

Volkanovski survived the fight but was unable to initiate meaningful offense due to the threat of the takedown. It is wild to see how many genuinely believe Volkanovski fought good when he did nothing but survive the entire fight. During the fourth round, while trapped in a body triangle, he was yelling at Makhachev and his corner instead of trying to escape and get back to his feet; having lost at least two of the first three rounds. If that’s not breaking your opponent what is?

I wonder if the folks pretending Volkanovski won are really just fans who unnecessarily trashed him after his fights with Max? Now they are trashing Makhachev and his triumph over Volkanovski in a perpetual cycle of clownish behavior.

I dont think volk won but this is really off base

Volks super powers are his cardio and durability

Unfortunately for him those powers didnt break islam until the end of rd 5. But they did break islam. Just too late. Im not sure a rematch would manifest this result earlier.

Maybe you are trolling. Bravo if so.

Only a few loud idiots would question a decision where one guy won the striking and grappling in 4 of 5 rounds.

Volk outperformed his underdog status, nothing more. That idiots like Joe Rogan sway that into a victory is his, and your, problem. Most of us know what we saw. Volk fought big, and he fought with spirit, and lost 49-46.
Well i think you are vastly underrating what happened in the ring and I think that Volk had BIG arguments for AT LEAST 2 rounds, but we will never agree so it doesn't really matter. Islam won and that is it, I don't mind it.

Volk looked like he was ready for another 5 rounds
Volk is always ready for 5 more rounds. Dude is a powerhouse.

IDK what TS is smoking but if anything it was the other way. Islam entered there thinking he was going to smoke Volk and he got pushed to the edge.

Alex is a savage. I think he beats most LWs if not all of them.

I also thought Volk did enough. I had him winning 3-2. Whoever faces Islam next should do their camp at City Boxing. They seem to have Islam mostly figured out.

It was a back and forth battle that could have gone either way. No domination from any.

I'm not invested in either fighter, but I thought Volk won 48-47.

If anyone was broken it was Islam in the 5th; he was looking up at the clock repeatedly, terribly gassed and hurt, and the fight ended with him getting punched in the face whilst on his back.
No shit he was looking at the clock. He was up 4-0 or 3-2 depending on the tossup 3rd round. He didn't even need to win the round Volk winning the round did him no good, so nothing on the clock made any difference to Volk. Volk was watching the clock in the 4th because he couldn't get back up until the round was over, and Islam watched the clock in the 5th because he wins the fight as soon as it runs out.

He didn't mentally break Volk, but he did put him in the pretty desperate position of needing a finish or losing. His corner already told him he lost the first 2, then he was stuck in a helpless position for the entire 4th, so the 5th was go for broke while Islam only needed time to expire.

Last edited:
Theres a better case for 50-45 Makhachev than 48-47 Volkanovski.

Makhachev dropped Volkanovski to a knee in the first round, staggered him with a left hook in the second round, and won all of the striking exchanges and controlled him for over half of the fourth round.

Theres no intellectually honest interpretation for Volkanovski winning the fight.
Lame trolling attempt

Ha ha, cool man - deny reality.
This is why Pride was better - damage, aggressiveness, effort to finish the fight.

Look, nobody loves PRIDE more than me, but the fact of the matter is we're not scoring fights like that.

Fact of the matter is Islam won 3 rounds, which means he won the fight despite how you want to twist the scoring sir.

Islam's fans and people who think he clearly won have no fucking clue what they're watching.. this TS is just another example of the silly shit they say happened that never did

That much I am certain of

Back