man arrested after threatening to commit mass murder at CNN -- UPDATE post #124

I'm white and I have been arested and detained a few times in my younger years.

All Im saying is that had I been non white I'm sure I would have visited jail a number of times

All Im saying is that had I been non white I'm sure I would have visited jail a number of times

Not sure your age but I would agree if you were black and back when I was young but not so much now or the last 10 years or so.

At least not nearly as much as people want to believe. If you live are in a height crime area then you are going to interact with cops more.

Or if you hang with certain people the same will happen.

If you believe what you posted fine but I believe most of the time it has to do more with what I stated.

Not sure your age but I would agree if you were black and back when I was young but not so much now or the last 10 years or so.

At least not nearly as much as people want to believe. If you live are in a height crime area then you are going to interact with cops more.

Or if you hang with certain people the same will happen.

If you believe what you posted fine but I believe most of the time it has to do more with what I stated.

Ya, I did live in a high crime area and as a white person was the minority. I feel like when the cops pulled us over we almost took it as a joke because we knew nothing was going to happen to us.

The lie was he was shot with his hands up, which was what they were saying.
An incorrect witness testimony is not necessarily a lie, its just incorrect.
I understand the second issue but that has nothing to do with the lie.
It has plenty to do with it. Part of the reason the hands up don't shoot version of the story was readily believed and why it sparked protests was because the community had a pretty consistently terrible experience at the hands of the FPD.

An incorrect witness testimony is not necessarily a lie, its just incorrect.

It has plenty to do with it. Part of the reason the hands up don't shoot version of the story was readily believed and why it sparked protests was because the community had a pretty consistently terrible experience at the hands of the FPD.

In this case it was an out right lie.

Haha how Im gonna picture every guy who screams fake news on every trump story they dont like
brandon-griesemer-e1516679637435.jpg

Lol this is exactly what every alt-right internet edgelord looks like.
Alt Left

maxresdefault.jpg

If you read the reports and check the evidence it's show it was a lie.
You're not addressing my argument. I already conceded that the reports vindicated Officer Wilson but that doesn't mean the claim was a lie, it could've been an error. Like I said, eye witness testimony can be very unreliable and can be altered and contaminated unconsciously. A sincerely believed claim that is not true is not a lie, its a mistake.

Also, as I said before CNN and those criticizing the FPD were right about the larger point concerning systemic racism in the FPD.

You're not addressing my argument. I already conceded that the reports vindicated Officer Wilson but that doesn't mean the claim was a lie, it could've been an error. Like I said, eye witness testimony can be very unreliable and can be altered and contaminated unconsciously. A sincerely believed claim that is not true is not a lie, its a mistake.

Also, as I said before CNN and those criticizing the FPD were right about the larger point concerning systemic racism in the FPD.

You can believe what you want but looking at it and the evidence I as well as most believe the evidence shows it was a lie not a mistake.

You can believe what you want but looking at it and the evidence I as well as most believe the evidence shows it was a lie not a mistake.
But based on what? I know stuff like the gun splatter and the fingerprints suggest Officer Wilson was telling the truth but how do you determine if a witness is lying?

But based on what? I know stuff like the gun splatter and the fingerprints suggest Officer Wilson was telling the truth but how do you determine if a witness is lying?

Because nothing shows he ever raised his hand and was then shot. That's very hard to "mistake " like that.

To the funny farm with him. Guy seems nuts based on his quotes.

Fake news! I have more guns, the most guns, the best guns.

I'd think this was a Trump tweet if it wasn't so coherent

Because nothing shows he ever raised his hand and was then shot. That's very hard to "mistake " like that.
Like I said, eye witness testimony is very unreliable and prone to contamination and alteration after the fact in response to many different stimuli. If you ask a witness "did he have his hands up" that alone can implant the image of Brown with his hands up and then that account can influence the accounts of others and eventually they all have a fake memory in their heads. We often fill in the gaps of our memory unconsciously and a witness with a bad angle on the incident could've easily done that.

Combine this with the fact that the community had virtually no faith in the FPD because of the institutional racism present in that institution and the belief in hands up don't shoot can spread rapidly and sincerely.

Back