Masvidal vs Diaz shows how easily the UFC brainwashes people

This narrative is annoying as fuck lol, speak for yourself dumbass. Masvidal/Edwards would have been a much more compelling fight than Masvidal/Diaz.

Till and Askren are more impressive wins than all of Leon’s record combined. Let him beat some top guys. 2 out of his last 3 wins have been undersized 155ers.

Which is what makes Masvidal that much more impressive btw. That he beat the former #1 contender in brutal fashion while being way smaller

The majority don't give a crap about records. It's not about being brainwashed, but rather not everyone take the sport as serious a few of us
I dont see why we cant appreciate both. I appreciate guys like GSP and Cormier who clearly regard it as a sport. I also appreciate guys like Diaz and Masvidal who regard it as a fight first and foremost. The appeal overlaps for a lot of fans.

No, shevchenko vs carmouche wasn't headlining an MSG event. that was a fight night, this is a a numbered event, and it's not even a fight between two top contenders, is it 2 mediumly high ranked guys, who are never getting the title. So yes I think it's worse than that.
Masvidal is ranked top 5 by every major publication. None of them have Edwards ranked higher. He is almost a consensus #4 behind Usman, Covington, and Woodley.

Diaz is top 10 in a lot of UFC exclusive lists. Usually top 15 or honorable mention when other primotions are included.

I am surprised u figured this out already.great post congrats

Till and Askren are more impressive wins than all of Leon’s record combined. Let him beat some top guys. 2 out of his last 3 wins have been undersized 155ers.

Which is what makes Masvidal that much more impressive btw. That he beat the former #1 contender in brutal fashion while being way smaller
{<huh}<36>

literally nothing you said had anything to do with what i said lol, leaving aside that everything you said is just wrong.

Its a hype fight ....both guys are honestly never going to be title holders. However, Diaz is one of my favorite fighters he gritty and always gangsta...and because his F bombs killed every sarcastic thing Connor had to say ..

I like the fight.

The whole "BMF" title is absolute horseshit though.

Ufc belts are all phony. You can win a belt just by beating some random guy who stepped in last minute. They dish out interim belts and then just take them back off you when they feel like it. If you act like a cunt on Twitter you can have a title shot after beating dennis siver. And if all that doesnt suit you then you can just win a belt by going on a reality tv show with some noobs

Ask tony ferguson how you can go on a 12 fight win streak and never even fight for a belt, when Conor can get stripped of 2 belts for inactivity and then jump straight in for another shot

Truer words have never been said on this form.

On one side you got Jorge who is 11-6 in the UFC and was pretty much irrelevant 2 fights ago. Nobody cared about him, now he has a 2 fight win streak and people are speaking of giving him a title shot.

On the other side you have Nate who is 20-11 and pretty much loses 1 out of 3 fights he is in. Also he hadn't fought for 3 years until recently when he beat Pettis who loses every other fight he is in and was a featherweight not so long ago.

That's all fine though, it's a good match-up. Don't get me wrong. These guys are both interesting personalities and if they want to fight for a phony belt to make it even more interesting for the public then so be it.

But people here are acting like these guys are the top of their game and deserve a title shot after this. This is nothing more than just an entertainment match-up.

They're only the "baddest" in terms of worst fighters ever to headline a MSG fightcard.
Jorge has kind of reformed himself as a fighter after he came back from that TV show in terms of him going for the kill.. if u actually look at the fights he lost he never got beat up. The only match up he kind of struggled in style wise was against Wonderboy. Jorge peaking right noe and is for sure a title challenger with or without the Nate fight under hes belt.

What are you even doing with this shit? He lost 2 years ago and he fought someone who lost to another guy who lost blah blah blah

Sounds like you are the one trying to manipulate the narrative here. Any real fan knows all these guys, Nate, masvidal, pettis they are all legit fighters. And sometimes they lose which is fine.

Not everyone can be khabib or jones with perfect records, that almost never happens in MMA.
They are still a level below best of the rest. At 170, RDA is best of the rest.
He kills those two. Same night if needed.

Whoever doesn't get what TS is saying is quite simply delusional
You can understand the appeal of this, but this fight is nothing but mediocre

It's a fun fight. I don't believe they're both cream of the cream, as GSP would put it. Both are dangerous.

So if I spend 3 weeks on a forum I've never done anything in my entire life? <45>

and while you're pointing at everyone else remember there are 3 fingers pointing right back at you.
stop talking, the dude just killed you ...

On one side you got Jorge who is 11-6 in the UFC and was pretty much irrelevant 2 fights ago. Nobody cared about him, now he has a 2 fight win streak and people are speaking of giving him a title shot.

On the other side you have Nate who is 20-11 and pretty much loses 1 out of 3 fights he is in. Also he hadn't fought for 3 years until recently when he beat Pettis who loses every other fight he is in and was a featherweight not so long ago.

That's all fine though, it's a good match-up. Don't get me wrong. These guys are both interesting personalities and if they want to fight for a phony belt to make it even more interesting for the public then so be it.

But people here are acting like these guys are the top of their game and deserve a title shot after this. This is nothing more than just an entertainment match-up.

They're only the "baddest" in terms of worst fighters ever to headline a MSG fightcard.
totally agree, put them in the cage against tony or usman and we'll see if they are " tHe baDdesT moTheRfUcKer "

Who is saying these guys are the top of the game?

If we're talking legitimate fighters at the top of their division going at it, you have a snoozefest Colby vs Usman matchup

This fight is necessary to make WW great again

Its a show for entertainment. This should be a very entertaining fight.

People like them because they are exciting competitors.

If you don't want to watch them go watch boring competitors like Jones cherry pick some middleweights to hug for 5 rounds.
Or Marty only going 30 percent on his panic wrestling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back