Matthew Perry Dead At 54

tipping is retarded, but what perry did is even more retarded, if a waitress is making that tip because some simp is up for it, actively trying to mess up their livelihood on the spot is a shit thing to do.
Wait, what’s this about Perry not tipping? I might hate him now.

I truly believe some people have addict genes. I could take pain killers or xanax for a time and never want them again. I like drinking but I never "need it" and if I was told I could never drink again, I would move on. Perry was a fiend. Alcohol, pills....that does damage. Just because you get clean doesn't mean you are all better. His heart gave out looks like.
And their targeted towards different areas. Some guys could walk away from drugs or booze easily but can't stop gambling. It's fucked once you discover what the substance is that you can't tolerate, it's already too late.

And their targeted towards different areas. Some guys could walk away from drugs or booze easily but can't stop gambling. It's fucked once you discover what the substance is that you can't tolerate, it's already too late.
Ex I was with for 3 years was in insurance and a cocktail bartender. Addicted to gambling like you could not believe. His work would call asking why he hadn't showed up, I'd drive and find him at an amusement arcade literally not knowing he'd been there for hours. The loveliest nice guy ever. Just an addict.

I truly believe some people have addict genes. I could take pain killers or xanax for a time and never want them again. I like drinking but I never "need it" and if I was told I could never drink again, I would move on. Perry was a fiend. Alcohol, pills....that does damage. Just because you get clean doesn't mean you are all better. His heart gave out looks like.

You are 100% right here.

I remember hearing an interview with Phillip Seymour Hoffman a couple of years before he died, and the interviewer asked him about being a former heroin addict.....PSH had to correct him and say he was still an addict, even though he hadn't used for 2 decades.

Eerie with hindsight.

Gambling is the new Addiction that is socially acceptable

Taking the place of Obesity

It’s more accessible now than ever. Whenever I watch any pre game show before a sporting event they now post current odds. Sponsors are betting sites. You have endless commercials for betting sites. It’s nuts.

tipping is retarded, but what perry did is even more retarded, if a waitress is making that tip because some simp is up for it, actively trying to mess up their livelihood on the spot is a shit thing to do.

Also louis wasn't being a simp. The drinks were free and he wanted to give her something. He's a millionaire, it's not like he's walking around with a pocket full of ones.

Friends was definitely the sitcom during its prime, but The Nanny never reached those heights. It was in the late afternoon, it never even occupied the featured slot in primetime lineups.

What do you mean that The Nanny never occupied a slot in primetime? It was the CBS Monday night at 8 PM slot [7PM Central time] from it's inception in 1993 through 1995 when it rose to the 16th ranked of the season then CBS moved it to Wednesday at 8 PM. It was in primetime every season. On the West coast, it would have been on opposite of Monday Night Football. If you saw it in the afternoon, it was in reruns.

It’s more accessible now than ever. Whenever I watch any pre game show before a sporting event they now post current odds. Sponsors are betting sites. You have endless commercials for betting sites. It’s nuts.

Gambling is a strange addiction. One gambler pointed out that gamblers aren't trying to win. They don't quit when they win. They just keep gambling until they lose any winnings. It's like people who like to take risks. They eventually find one that kills them.

What do you mean that The Nanny never occupied a slot in primetime? It was the CBS Monday night at 8 PM slot [7PM Central time] from it's inception in 1993 through 1995 when it rose to the 16th ranked of the season then CBS moved it to Wednesday at 8 PM. It was in primetime every season. On the West coast, it would have been on opposite of Monday Night Football. If you saw it in the afternoon, it was in reruns.
My mistake. I never saw in Primetime. Goes to show you it had no life, there. Afternoon reruns were its lifeblood.

My mistake. I never saw in Primetime. Goes to show you it had no life, there. Afternoon reruns were its lifeblood.

It was just one of those flash in the pan shows, like "Spin City" and "News Radio". Decent little run, but not a heavy hitter like "Everybody Loves Raymond", or "Frasier".

It was just one of those flash in the pan shows, like "Spin City" and "News Radio". Decent little run, but not a heavy hitter like "Everybody Loves Raymond", or "Frasier".
IIRC, without going back to review those charts I shared earlier, 93-95 were NBC's years. They utterly owned the Top charts. They had like 6-8 out of the Top 10 shows in the country throughout every season of those years. It was absurd domination. But I might be off by a few years.

IIRC, without going back to review those charts I shared earlier, 93-95 were NBC's years. They utterly owned the Top charts. They had like 6-8 out of the Top 10 shows in the country throughout every season of those years. It was absurd domination. But I might be off by a few years.

Oh' yeah, they were on top for years. I could be wrong, but I think "The Simpsons" even moved to Sundays, to avoid the NBC avalanche on Thursdays.

Forgetting your other mistake?

Friends was definitely the sitcom during its prime, but The Nanny never reached those heights. It was in the late afternoon, it never even occupied the featured slot in primetime lineups.

Its predecessor (with competitive crossover) as the sitcom was Seinfeld.

Another poster was asking about how popular Friends was in my country (Argentina) because he was curious about other countries.

All I can say is at least here, The Nanny was way bigger.

Back