Max Holloway is Easily the Most Likeable Title Holder of This Current Lineup of Champions

He comes across as fucking dumb.. very very respectable record and activity level, but i wouldnt say likable, to me thats more about personality, character.. the whole package
Agree, i don't even want to hear the guy, sounds pretty stupid but his fights are amazing, and he's very active.

The money complaints are incoming. In his win against Aldo he was calling for the $50k bonus, which is a pretty pathetic situation for a champion.

He is quite awesome though.

His voice is annoying and his attempt at trash talk is cringe so I don't like him.

Agree, i don't even want to hear the guy, sounds pretty stupid but his fights are amazing, and he's very active.
Most cage fighters aren't gonna be rocket scientists this is the kind of people this sport attracts.

he is one the fighters who cuts a lot of weight to gain a size advantage.

Curious why you have this impression.

Max is tall/long, but he is not thick or large-framed.

My guess is he cuts less that 15 pounds.

hasthag UFC Hawaii and let's do the damn thing!!!

I like Stipe and Bisping more, but, at the end of the day, it is what it is, you know?

Curious why you have this impression.

Max is tall/long, but he is not thick or large-framed.

My guess is he cuts less that 15 pounds.
It has been pretty obvious in the last few fights. Look at the size disparity in the cage. He's filled out his frame quite a bit since he first got to the UFC.

But its all within the rules so whatever.

Last edited:
Stipe is awesome but he takes long breaks in between fights and has been bitching about his pay lately. Also if we're being honest Max's style is just more fun to watch than the traditional wrestle boxing style.
His breaks aren't that long, for a Champion. 5 straight stoppages since 2015 ain't bad. He's a funny dude, too.

He and Max will be great Champions, if they can keep it up. If Whittaker beats Bisping, we have 3 great reps for the sport at the top of the food chain.

He does seem like a good guy. The worst by far is Woodley; YUCK!!!

Most cage fighters aren't gonna be rocket scientists this is the kind of people this sport attracts.
I'm aware of that, but not every mma fighter is like that, not saying you have to talk like Rich Franklin but still

11 straight wins in less than four years, 6 of those against top 10 guys, four of those against top 5 guys, 9 of his 14 victories have come by stoppage, isn't a douchebag, doesn't turn down fights, doesn't get injured, doesn't bitch about money, and is proficient on both the ground and on the feet. How can anyone not like this guy, in my opinion he's easily the most likeable and marketable champ right now. Maybe more people will appreciate him when he stomps Edgar, the only top 5 guy he hasn't beaten. Max bless.

View attachment 253323
Max is on fire right now, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's likeable. I mean he's not a douche like Bisping or Colin, but when he opens his mouth he sounds like a dumb street kid. Probably cause he's still really young, but yeah his display inside the cage is very impressive, would love to see him vs Ferguson, the other guy with the crazy win streak. But most likeable champ is easily Stipe, followed by Robert Whittaker. The rest are all a bit douchy.

Not likeable per say but champs I do like
Mighty Mouse - just cause he's fellow gamer and seems like a down-to-earth guy
Max Holloway - dude earned his title. Plus he's a respectful guy overall.
Conor McGregor - you get your money's worth when he fights at least
Michael Bisping - knowing that this dude can pretty much lose to everyone in the top 10 is pretty exciting. Opposite of Mighty Mouse
Stipe Miocic - blue collar guy.

Hmph... i agree.
As long as he doesn't try to hype a fight with trash talk, I agree completely.

He's too respectful, I can't dislike him.

youngStipe.jpg

Anyone else think he looks just like Todd Duffee?

I find him quite irritating but there is no denying what he has achieved in the Octogon. Looking forward to the Frankie fight

I only like DC and Miocic out of the current champs. I half hate stipe for ko'ing my favourite hw's tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back