Max Holloway is Easily the Most Likeable Title Holder of This Current Lineup of Champions

Im sorry but his accent is the most annoying ive ever heard. What exactly is it?
It's called Pidgin English, a creole language specific to Hawaii. Pretty widely spoken across the islands, but mainly by lower-to-middle class, rural/country residents, or the older generations. If you listen to BJ, he has it as well, but it's not as strong as Max's and BJ is more articulate.

Hated him before Aldo fight (lame callouts).
Acted like a true champion since, and looks like he's willing to be the opposite of the current crop of champions.

#BLESSED !!! Let Max bang bro !!!

Stipe, DC, Woodley in that order

Max loses some cred in my eyes because he is one the fighters who cuts a lot of weight to gain a size advantage.
Good point. Woodley walks around at 170 I hear.
Yeah maybe he should cut down to FW. Thats where the tougher competition is.
Can't stand when people want to use a weight cut as an excuse not to like someone. Arguments can be made that there are diminishing returns once you cut so much. It is also an option available to anyone. It is their career and livelihood. If it was as easy as cutting down one weight class to get an "advantage" wouldn't every fighter be inclined to cut weight? It's almost a disadvantage not to. Dumb ass argument and it is made all the time to discredit great fighters. Shit's weak.

to tell you the truth, he has no star power to make the people interested.

Good point. Woodley walks around at 170 I hear.

Can't stand when people want to use a weight cut as an excuse not to like someone. Arguments can be made that there are diminishing returns once you cut so much. It is also an option available to anyone. It is their career and livelihood. If it was as easy as cutting down one weight class to get an "advantage" wouldn't every fighter be inclined to cut weight? It's almost a disadvantage not to. Dumb ass argument and it is made all the time to discredit great fighters. Shit's weak.
LOL too bad for you then.

Last edited:
Back