Media Max Holloway Mocking Ortega During The Fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Holloway went through a lot recently. I'm sure he was aware that Ortega was projected as the next big thing and I bet a lot of people at UFC wanted to see him beat Max. With all those talks about his health, pulling out of fights and everything, Max had a lot to prove, and he surely did. I don't think it was mocking, he was just on fire last night.

Blessed one does what he wants Holloway bless.

The clap wasn’t a taunt he was actually like suprised because a grappler took him down and he has the best Takedown defense in the division.

Another douche in the making. I guess that's the thing now, to be a dick ss champion.

Someone will put him in his place eventually, like Khabib did with mcquitter.

Max is one of the most entertaining high level strikers we have

all hail the conor era.
Oh come on. Ever heard of this guy named Ali? Or Tyson? Or Mayweather? Conor didn't invent trash talk in combat sports.

Hell Tito was doing it back in the early days of the UFC.

Max has been doing that for years. It’s more to motivate himself and put on a show.

I don’t think you’ll find a more humble and respectful champion to his opponents.
People think this shit is about honor, like we're watching a duel or some shit. It's two guys beating the fuck out of each other in a cage. For money.

It's fucking retarded to imply giving a man permanent brain damage is fine, but insulting him while you do it is a step too far.

max fights by undermining his opponent's coaches. he tricks his opponents into brawling , extended exchanges or overexerting.

so some gamesmanship if it doesn't get them to bite, could put mental pressure on them to perform more later in other exchanges

and not to say all of max's strikes are half power, there is a lot more of a range to them. the reason ortega had minor success is because max was going too heavy with his right in southpaw so he adjusted

fighting max is like trying to keep up with a long distance running while jogging. they can push the pace or match yours, sooner or later the more you bite or feel the need to try to push on your own, you burn more energy then they will.

its just max having fun in there, hes not doing it in a disrespectful way not like when anderson silva was actually taking the piss.

Max is one of those guys who gets a pass for this because damn does he deliver on his trash talking and show boating. He puts himself in danger every moment just going for the finish. When you got the balls to do that you can taunt and clown as much as you want.

Another douche in the making. I guess that's the thing now, to be a dick ss champion.

Someone will put him in his place eventually, like Khabib did with mcquitter.
Eventually could be a very long time, after a very successful title reign.

People think this shit is about honor, like we're watching a duel or some shit. It's two guys beating the fuck out of each other in a cage. For money.

It's fucking retarded to imply giving a man permanent brain damage is fine, but insulting him while you do it is a step too far.
It's called sportsmanship, bro. I don't think of Max as an example, but there's nothing weird about having a problem with poor sportsmanship.

Prince naseem was much loved because of this.

Last edited:
If the buildup to the fight got to Max, he has a glass ego.

Diaz bros can pull off that sh*t. Max, no.

It's called sportsmanship, bro. I don't think of Max as an example, but there's nothing weird about having a problem with poor sportsmanship.
It's a fight, so everything within the rules to win. Kicking someone in the nuts because you need a breather or grabbing the fence is poor sportsmanship.

Taunting your opponent to frustrate them and make them lose their composure is a tactic as old as combat, it's absolutely valid.

Yes it was like a master apprentice thing, telling his apprentice he's just a noob and it will take long time until he reaches master status. Ortega won't ever be more cocky again, he was super high and over the moon, he thought he was the best and bla bla bla. That they will meet a lot of times in the future, which wont be the case obviously, except if he wants to die. He messed his confidence, hes face and everything. He took his soul, and we all have to agree.

Back