Max wins

Poirierfan

Cajun Couyon
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I've had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome (or maybe I'm just delusional lol).

This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin imo. Max's boxing is quite a bit better imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, not against Max who likes to stay at range and throw clean straight shots. Also the odds of Justin landing another clean head kick is virtually zero (that was a once in a lifetime deal imo).

Justin's low kicks won't be as much of a factor as people think. Max fights at range and Justin does most of his damage with low kicks in close. At range Justin's low kicks aren't nearly as effective and he oftens gets countered.

Final prediction: Max starts to take over after rd 2. He'll most likely gets the dec win or late TKO.

Last edited:
And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome. Max's boxing is miles ahead of Justin. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, and he ain't landing another headkick ko (that was a once in a lifetime deal).

Justin's low kicks won't be a factor either because Max fights at range and Justin does his damage with low kicks in close.

Final prediction, the fight becomse one sided after rd 2 and Max stops Justin in rd 4 by TKO.
A bold prediction, respect.

Man I've gotta think on this more. Haven't done much review yet for my picks.

And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome. This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin. Max's boxing is miles ahead imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, and he ain't landing another headkick ko (that was a once in a lifetime deal).

Justin's low kicks won't be a factor either because Max fights at range and Justin does his damage with low kicks in close.

Final prediction, the fight becomse one sided after rd 2 and Max stops Justin in rd 4 by TKO.

Gaethje fucks him up royally.

He definitely looks like he's bulked up more and shouldn't be undersized at LW now. And seems focused and fired up in his vlogs.

But I dunno man, Gaethje might be peaking now. So impressive how he turned away Fiziev.
Max ain't Fiziev, Fiziev is a Muay Thai fighter with no footwork really, he just walks straight ahead. Max has excellent footwork with excellent boxing, long straight shots. He's gonna pepper Justin imo.

I think Max puts up a respectable fight but will be outgunned. Justin has a lot of power even by LW standards and has been expanding his tool bag. He is not the one dimensional striker he's being painted as here. He can strike very well from the outside and is great and finding key opportunities for damaging shots

I think Max puts up a respectable fight but will be outgunned. Justin has a lot of power even by LW standards and has been expanding his tool bag. He is not the one dimensional striker he's being painted as here. He can strike very well from the outside and is great and finding key opportunities for damaging shots
Who has Justin ko'ed with his hands as of late? I think his power is seriously overrated. Chandler was walking him down with his hands around his waste like a retard and he survived. It's been a minute since Justin KO'ed anyone with one punch with his hands. Vick was good but a gust of wind could KO that dude.

Rooting for Max but Gaethje is tough as they come.

If Max can frustrate Gaethje where he goes into blind swinging mode, he'll be in good shape.

However, if Gaethje is sharp, throwing those nasty leg kicks and grinding him down, it will be tough.

And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome. This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin. Max's boxing is miles ahead imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, and he ain't landing another headkick ko (that was a once in a lifetime deal).

Justin's low kicks won't be a factor either because Max fights at range and Justin does his damage with low kicks in close mainly. When he fires his low kicks at range he gets caught often with shots.

And then you wake up from your dream

Back