Max wins

836820-34365921.png

@Poirierfan

Great minds think alike

Haha !! Amazing.

I would not have guessed you picking this way.

What a crazy night its been.

Justin is a very good lightweight, but Max is one of the best fighters this sport has ever seen. I'm glad that Max got this moment -- the dude deserves it.

No bullshit you can find 10 posts of me saying "Max will get out gunned" leading up to this fight.

Max is one of my absolute favorite fighters of this generation so I've been over the moon. What a performance. What a night.

Just popping in to say nice one.

There are always BS threads with random accounts calling out low percentage outcomes, but this was different. You are an OG and legit staked a claim with some reasoning.

Max is one of the MMA GOATS. What a legendary performance.

Great post, joining in to say ya nailed it Pf !​

And it won't be close after rd 2. The more time I've had to think about this fight, the more sure I am of the outcome (or maybe I'm just delusional lol).

This is a bad stylistic matchup for Justin imo. Max's boxing is quite a bit better imo. Those hooks of Justin ain't getting it done, not against Max who likes to stay at range and throw clean straight shots. Also the odds of Justin landing another clean head kick is virtually zero (that was a once in a lifetime deal imo).

Justin's low kicks won't be as much of a factor as people think. Max fights at range and Justin does most of his damage with low kicks in close. At range Justin's low kicks aren't nearly as effective and he oftens gets countered.

Final prediction: Max starts to take over after rd 2. He'll most likely gets the dec win or late TKO.
My fellow sherdogger you're the man for this^! I should of listened to you.

Max was never a great boxer, Volk took him to school last time around, even Ortega landed on him a lot, Gaethje hits much harder than those two and he lands a lot on everybody he fights, and he already beat better kickboxers than Max, Gaethje is the rightful favorite here.

Last edited:
Good call sir. I was wrong as hell about how this would turn out. Super happy to see Max take it though. You had this one right.

Back