Social 'Megyn Kelly Today' Canceled By NBC After Defending Blackface with Diana Ross Halloween Costume

Should Megyn Kelly been fired for her 'blackface' comments?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
How is mak8ng your skin darker looking to imitate a black person for a holiday offensive in the firsr place? Fk you if you pretend there's a reason to be offended by it. Pretend, of course. Enough dishonesty about being offended. It's fkn weird as hell.

Last edited:
It also seems like her ratings were shit and they were paying her a shit load of cash.

It was honestly a shitty hire for NBC. They thought her Fox News followers would follow her but they only care what’s on Fox. They’d watch an hour of Tucker sleeping before they turn on NBC.
It was a political maneuver as much as it was anything.

They thought they were purchasing a wedge into the conservative female demographic. Indeed, I do find humor in the fact this blew up in their faces.

People always made fun of Paris Hilton as a bimbo but I never thought of her as such and recall mentioning here that Paris is smart. She has made a large fortune by self promotion. There are millions of Americans who slogged through college STEM degrees and they won't make 10% of what she has made . Her last name helped, and so did her good looks but there are a lot of attractive women, Paris though knew how to work the media to make her into Brand Paris. Kylie honestly does not seem a fraction as shrewd as Paris but she is way richer and it is all due to self promotion, a lot ofcourse the result of her mom's business acumen and having the right professionals advising and helping her.
Ehhhhhh...I don't know if I can agree with that.
When you have people like this, people that already started off rich as fuck, it's easy to keep on that trajectory. I mean, the Kardashian fame all started from a sex tape with a middling RnB star...and he's really only famous because his sister was a big star during her time.
The Hilton name is known around the world. She had a sex tape too. Anybody with a name could get a reality show and make a name for themselves.
The dumbasses from the Jersey Shore are millionaires. (or were at some point)
I don't give them a lot of credit for their success. I don't hate them for it, fair play to them, but they had a lot of opportunity thrown in their lap.

It was a political maneuver as much as it was anything.

They thought they were purchasing a wedge into the conservative female demographic. Indeed, I do find humor in the fact this blew up in their faces.

Apparently she was a lot less insipid than your regular MSM anchor. The outrage in the media when she picked on poor Jane Fonda was a lot of fun to watch.

Ehhhhhh...I don't know if I can agree with that.
When you have people like this, people that already started off rich as fuck, it's easy to keep on that trajectory. I mean, the Kardashian fame all started from a sex tape with a middling RnB star...and he's really only famous because his sister was a big star during her time.
The Hilton name is known around the world. She had a sex tape too. Anybody with a name could get a reality show and make a name for themselves.
The dumbasses from the Jersey Shore are millionaires. (or were at some point)
I don't give them a lot of credit for their success. I don't hate them for it, fair play to them, but they had a lot of opportunity thrown in their lap.

True. But consider how many kids from rich families end up badly-drugs, booze, arrests, etc, etc.

How hard is it for you to understand that Blackface has notoriety, that it brings up certain very negative images and strong emotions. So when a major News anchor says Blackface is ok on Halloween, people get upset. Blame her for not doing a competent job of elaborating on what she meant by that, because absent her explanation of the context people are going to hear her comments and assume she thinks it is ok to do Blackface. Just because I could suss out what I believe she means, doesn't mean it is what most people are going to do. And Megan Kelly being famous for being on Fox goes someway towards people's inclination to take that comment in the worst way.

she explained herself just fine. as i said, the only people claiming to be offended are the people who were looking for a reason to be offended. she specifically said "as long as you are playing a character"

is this racially offensive too? should jimmy kimmel be fired? atleast megyn kelly didn't go in black face herself. what about robert downy jr in tropic thunder? should he be black listed from hollywood?

just look at this thread. there are plenty of people shitting on kelly but how many are actually legitimately offended? zero, because she made it clear what she meant. leftists on here even admit NBC was just looking for any reason to fire her. they are talking about how bad of a journalists she is instead of her comment. they know it's not actually offensive.

Apparently she was a lot less insipid than your regular MSM anchor. The outrage in the media when she picked on poor Jane Fonda was a lot of fun to watch.
I don't understand how asking a question about plastic surgery is "picking on" someone.

Fonda is one of those liberals who never shuts up about how uncouth our American past was, and how we need progress, but suddenly she gets asked about her artificial looks, and she's crying for the past when it was implicitly understood that journalists don't talk about that stuff in an interview.

Make up your mind, Hanoi Jane.

I don't understand how asking a question about plastic surgery is "picking on" someone.

Fonda is one of those liberals who never shuts up about how uncouth our American past was, and how we need progress, but suddenly she gets asked about her artificial looks, and she's crying for the past when it was implicitly understood that journalists don't talk about that stuff in an interview.

Make up your mind, Hanoi Jane.

59cc0820351aa748008b4693-750-562.png

I'm offended when all I said was ANYONE should be able to dress up as basically ANYTHING? Are you actually fucking stupid? Or just a silly little bitch?

Your responses just prove my point as to why I shouldn't even keep conversing with you on this topic.
You're offended that other people are offended by something they find offensive. Yes, that makes you sensitive. There's nothing wrong with being offended by something offensive. We are all not going to find the same shit offensive all the time--nor should we, especially when it is related to personal things like race.

The whole point of this controversy is that people believe that there are limits on what you should dress up as, because in SOME cases, it can be offensive---i.e., blackface, china man costume, 'thug costume, etc.

True. But consider how many kids from rich families end up badly-drugs, booze, arrests, etc, etc.
I mean...she's not dead from OD or anything...but she did get arrested for DUI, and for coke, and did like a month in jail, if I rmeember right. And she had a sex tape.
She didn't go full-retard, but she ain't nothing to look up to either.

The whole point of this controversy is that people believe that there are limits on what you should dress up as, because in SOME cases, it can be offensive---i.e., blackface, china man costume, 'thug costume, etc.

People? Exactly which people are setting these limits? The liberal anchors? The Hollywood celebrities? It certainly seems so.

i just watched the video and then some reactions from some of the idiots on the left who were acting as if she just revelaed she had been molesting children for the last 20 years. it is amazing to me that we now have such a victim culture that her comments have people up in arms. as recently as 10 years ago this would not have caused people to bat an eye. watching it, i couldnt find anything that was even remotely offensive. of course, the left never fully embraced her, so she would never get away with this like one of their own could. like was posted above, should we fire left wing darling jimmy kimmel for actually being in blackface?

we are just so eager to be offended these days and really are now a nation of bitches. there is a difference between it not being ok to be racist and it not being ok to do anything that might even remotely be taken as criticism of the black community or having a joke at their "expense." the first is not ok, the second should be fine, but no longer is

she explained herself just fine. as i said, the only people claiming to be offended are the people who were looking for a reason to be offended. she specifically said "as long as you are playing a character"

is this racially offensive too? should jimmy kimmel be fired? atleast megyn kelly didn't go in black face herself. what about robert downy jr in tropic thunder? should he be black listed from hollywood?

just look at this thread. there are plenty of people shitting on kelly but how many are actually legitimately offended? zero, because she made it clear what she meant. leftists on here even admit NBC was just looking for any reason to fire her. they are talking about how bad of a journalists she is instead of her comment. they know it's not actually offensive.

It's clear that some of her co workers were offended because they went in front of the camera and criticized her and I'm quite sure a lot more people from NBC criticized her to management behind the scenes who probably including some of NBC's top stars. Advertisers also weren't happy with Megyn, her comments or her ratings. So despite the fact her show was already going to be canceled, her comments made them decide she had to go right now.

People? Exactly which people are setting these limits? The liberal anchors? The Hollywood celebrities? It certainly seems so.
The people that are offended by them.
I'm black, and yes, I would not be a fan of blackface costumes.
I don't know what the right's hard on for "Hollywood" is, but these actors didn't create these issues. They may shine a light on some of them, sometimes, but Angelina Jolie, or whoever aren't writing books on gender and race.
I would confidently say that most blacks are not going to be ok with black face.

That being said, let's be real on where most people's annoyance/anger level is on this topic. It isn't a 10. I'm not protesting or assaulting someone over this. It's more of a "really? in 2018?" Probably a 2.5 at most.

It's clear that some of her co workers were offended because they went in front of the camera and criticized her and I'm quite sure a lot more people from NBC criticized her to management behind the scenes who probably including some of NBC's top stars.

oh really? i wonder why they criticized her.
Her ratings stunk, she was hard to work with and most people at NBC hated her.

Last edited:
The people that are offended by them.
I'm black, and yes, I would not be a fan of blackface costumes.
I don't know what the right's hard on for "Hollywood" is, but these actors didn't create these issues. They may shine a light on some of them, sometimes, but Angelina Jolie, or whoever aren't writing books on gender and race.
I would confidently say that most blacks are not going to be ok with black face.

That being said, let's be real on where most people's annoyance/anger level is on this topic. It isn't a 10. I'm not protesting or assaulting someone over this. It's more of a "really? in 2018?" Probably a 2.5 at most.

It was only offensive to your community after the media told you it was. If you want to look like an individual, you have to make changes to your appearance. That's the spirit of costume. It's generally compliment to imitate somebody you look up too.

i just watched the video and then some reactions from some of the idiots on the left who were acting as if she just revelaed she had been molesting children for the last 20 years. it is amazing to me that we now have such a victim culture that her comments have people up in arms. as recently as 10 years ago this would not have caused people to bat an eye. watching it, i couldnt find anything that was even remotely offensive. of course, the left never fully embraced her, so she would never get away with this like one of their own could. like was posted above, should we fire left wing darling jimmy kimmel for actually being in blackface?

we are just so eager to be offended these days and really are now a nation of bitches. there is a difference between it not being ok to be racist and it not being ok to do anything that might even remotely be taken as criticism of the black community or having a joke at their "expense." the first is not ok, the second should be fine, but no longer is
The reason as recently as 10 years ago it would have seemingly not have caused people to bat an eye is because who would have been offended didn't or at least didn't think they had the power to do anything about her comments. Now that's changed and those people, in this case African Americans definitely have the power do something about her comments.

It was only offensive to your community after the media told you it was. If you want to look like an individual, you have to make changes to your appearance. That's the spirit of costume. It's generally compliment to imitate somebody you look up too.
lol Ok. thank you for that bullshit. Because minorities need white people to tell us when to be offended.

I like how you guys are also trying to morph what Halloween is usually about...it's usually about horror..and somehow now it's getting morphed into dressing up like random black people..as if that's normal.

The reason as recently as 10 years ago it would have seemingly not have caused people to bat an eye is because who would have been offended didn't or at least didn't think they had the power to do anything about her comments. Now that's changed and those people, in this case African Americans definitely have the power do do something about her comments.
no, its because people are bitches now more than ever and are looking to be offended. there was not a damned thing to be offended about in what she said. and if you were offended, you have bigger issues than her comments.

as for the diana ross thing, most of you people in here are younger, but megyn is just showing her age a bit here. in her heyday, ross had big crazy hair and wore very shiny dresses. it would have made perfect sense for people to be her for halloween.

it doesnt bother me a single bit when 85% of black comedians can not do any material that is not almost completely making fun of white people. but if you do that, then you should also be ok with it coming back at you. the way to fix the errors of racism in our past isnt to do a complete 180 in the other direction.

Back