Men receiving toys as Christmas gifts

I think it will be fine. It could be another memory for the past.

I have been married for a year and went through Christmas day once, when she bought me one that I was half glad about. But recently I play with it when I am free and alone at home. Pretty much more fun than I expected. Lego is also a great gift to play with. You will think nothing when assembling and it means you wont be able to get out of it. Take a pic of Lego and post it on your feed and many will like your post then it will be gratifying to see whats going on :)

Great reply and insight.

I gotta be honest between a lego set and a batman knife....one of those is much more weird and nerdy in my opinion lol.

I think it stems from grown men being very difficult to buy for.

Most grown men, if they want something, they just go buy it. So that leaves your woman with few options on what to get you.

My wife struggled with this when we first got married. One year year she actually got me a toy because it was something that reminded me of my childhood and they're was literally nothing I wanted that year.

We've now pretty much settled on her just picking out a nice shirt or something and getting that for me every year.
Our things seems to last longer too. Good tools could be used for years or even decades. Men's fashion is no where near as radical as women's. Things like coats and suits can be worn for years before they'd be out of style. Same goes for watches. I usually ask for just a nice pair of boots for Christmas, wear them out for a year and get another pair the next Christmas.

Probably just a therapeutic thing, a way to unwind.

I'd love to act out my Biker Mice turned wrestlers smashing the shit out of each other atop a drawing platform again...

Part of enjoying life is not letting that inner kid fully die, when the inner kid fully dies you stop fully living.

Legos will always be the GOAT present; nothing more fun than building a set on Christmas Day while Christmas Story is playing in the background.

My wife wants LEGO’s for Christmas.

Dont try and help her, ive built ikea style furniture with my wife and it was world war 3 in my place. Insults were hurled, allen keys were thrown, and lives were lost.

Who cares. If it's something you would enjoy or get excited about then why not. My wife just got me a LV wallet for our 10 year dating anniversary. Honestly my current Gucci wallet still had a few more years of mileage on it and was planning on buying a generic leather wallet. I would have rather her get me something that I would enjoy more like a new lens or a camera that I've always wanted. Those are toys to me.

As a person who have every need already fulfilled, when I receive gift, it invariably falls into the toy or backup category because I already have every practical items I use. So when I receive gift, I actually look forward to the ones that fall into the toy category because that is more exciting for me.

Depends on the toy, IMO

Dextromethod.jpg

I ask for a Corvette every year. Every year I get
Corvette.jpg

Until you step on one barefoot while walking in the dark..

Some people dedicate their lives to fighting cancer and heart disease...others to discovering the next big piece of technology...then there are heroes out there who create:

Unknown.jpeg

Back