Men receiving toys as Christmas gifts

I collect Star Wars Lego and have the set pictured in the OP (along with many others).

Would probably tap TS inside of 60 seconds to be honest.

I've noticed this increasingly past two Christmas holidays on my FB feed. Much of my millennial friends receiving toys as gifts from their wives/gfs. I'm not talking vidya games or consoles, which may not be too uncommon, but straight up playsets including Lego sets like Star Wars, pop culture plush dolls, funko pops, and other items of geekdom you'd expect children or teens to get for Xmas.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5NC83Mjkvb3JpZ2luYWwvc3Rhci13YXJzLWxlZ28tc2V0LmpwZw==

To be clear, I can appreciate a good sculp action figure, and have collected in the past, particularly DC capeshit, but I keep my hobbies on the fringe. The only time I received a gift based on my fanboyism from my ball n chain was this.

61-n1OqPDrL._SX425_.jpg

And it's f'n awesome.

So what say the scholarly gentlemen of Mayberry. Is receiving toys for Xmas acceptable, not acceptable?

Oh, and as one would expect, the reaction pics on my FB feed from the gifts are similar to the expression from the pic below.

0gL4oxd.jpg
Judges people for receiving toys as gifts. Says he received a Batman knife as a gift and it was f'n awesome...

Yea, you should probably stop judging people.

So many insecure Shertards. It baffles me.

Legos are the GOAT

You'd know that they are called lego if you had the knowledge to qualify that affirmation.

"Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over”

I think it stems from grown men being very difficult to buy for.

Most grown men, if they want something, they just go buy it. So that leaves your woman with few options on what to get you.

My wife struggled with this when we first got married. One year year she actually got me a toy because it was something that reminded me of my childhood and they're was literally nothing I wanted that year.

We've now pretty much settled on her just picking out a nice shirt or something and getting that for me every year.

Na bro. You're making it too comples. Every grown ass man can use another bottle of good scotch.

This is what my girlfriend's getting me. :)

img_0898_2.jpg

Lego was awesome when I was 3-7 years old.

I guess most of us go on to better things.

Yes, having kids so you can play with their lego.

That batarang is awesome I think I'd put a bunch of holes in the wall with that.

Yes, having kids so you can play with their lego.
Spending time with your kid and lego is great.

Being an adult and using lego by yourself sounds kind of sad and depressing.

I wouldn't mind getting the original TMNT playset or Turtle van as a gift from my girl.

You might have had a point if you didn't post that mall ninja shit, OP.

need to holla at my mom now that I think about it
she still has all my old comics/sports cards from when I was a kid

That New Mutants #87 is worth like 400, and I had this MIchael Jordan Holographix and Shaq signed jersey card that were a couple hundo back then, who knows now

Roast or not, it's been interesting reading the responses. Most okay with it, and responded with some good points. Some not okay for various reasons. I don't think I was particularly harsh with my post on those that do receive the toys. I did post that soy smile pic because let's be honest, soy smiles look stupid no matter the occasion.

Na bro. You're making it too comples. Every grown ass man can use another bottle of good scotch.
Funny you should mention that. I told my wife to get me a bottle of Laphroaig for xmas this year. been wanting to try it for a while but I intentionally haven't bought it because I knew she'd need something to buy me.

Funny you should mention that. I told my wife to get me a bottle of Laphroaig for xmas this year. been wanting to try it for a while but I intentionally haven't bought it because I knew she'd need something to buy me.

Same here, expect its 14 year old Oban for me

Collecting toys is big right now. And all the top top films from the last 15 years have been based on kids characathers and people dont stop playing video games at 12.

Not sure if its good or bad but its part of modern adulthood.

Mind you just like sport cards and comics in the 90s I feel the toy fad will pass.

I buy myself stuff all year, when I want it. I ask for nothing during Christmas because my kids do not have that luxury and my wife refuses to spend any money. So I buy my wife something big every year and drop a few bills on the kids.

I hate opening presents in front of people that are waiting for reactions. Like I said, it can't be anything I want in what I am opening, because if I wanted it, I bought it already.... Kind of a "bah humbug" I guess, but I much rather sit and watch my kids/wife happily open stuff then eat some grub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back