News Metabolite found in Jon Jones’ UFC 232 VADA test results

OK Jon.

Just wait until you're retired and no one is making any money off of you. You will be dragged through the mud just like Lance Armstrong.

You will end up broke and homeless, when all of the leeches around you abandon you. Enjoy begging for change in your 50's.
You could have saved all those tears, go cry to momma.

Nice tantrum...
Of course that is what drug tests are trying to prove. That is the whole point dipshit; to see if athletes have enhanced their performance via foreign substances. If running USADA like the Inquisition is the best way to have things in your eyes, then I do insist, good sir, you are an idiot. Quantity, outcome, and intent matters
But keep swinging budro ;)
lol there is nothing left to do now but point and laugh at you.

Numerous others have pointed out you are wrong. Never, and by never, I mean NEVER, has a steroid test had to find functional levels of the steroid at the time of testing for the test to be valid. ANy trace amount, ANY PRESENCE at all in the system is all that is needed and that is FACT.

You do not understand what the test is looking for and that is because you are stupid. Any fighter who is not an idiot has tried to wean off and have it out of their system prior or to cover it with masking agents. Trace amounts are what are typically found.

I thought the shorter the half life was, the more quickly it left one's system.
Thats true of the parent compound, but this is a metabolite of the parent compound. These can hang around much much longer than the parent compound.

Grant entered the UFC in August 2018
His positive sample was collected in October 2018

At the time his sample was collected and tested positive they thought the M3 detection window was a matter of months, so would have been administered by Grant either after entering the testing program, or in at the very most the year prior to joining (and they are required to disclose any prohibited substances taken in the prior 12 months when joining the UFC)

But, now they think it can be there for 18-24 months or longer, that put Grants potential administration date prior to joining the UFC, and even prior to the 12 month declaration requirement.

Had they charged Dawson with a violation then they would have had to charge Jones with one
Thanks for replying. I’m only kind of familiar with the case, that’s completely different from Jones’, and that’s why I asked.

Where did they say he tested positive for these M3 metabolites? That it really was the same stuff in trace amounts?

lol there is nothing left to do now but point and laugh at you.

Numerous others have pointed out you are wrong. Never, and by never, I mean NEVER, has a steroid test had to find functional levels of the steroid at the time of testing for the test to be valid. ANy trace amount, ANY PRESENCE at all in the system is all that is needed and that is FACT.

You do not understand what the test is looking for and that is because you are stupid. Any fighter who is not an idiot has tried to wean off and have it out of their system prior or to cover it with masking agents. Trace amounts are what are typically found.
jones is just the dumbest fighter of all time to continue to use tbol knowing he popped for it previously and knowing that it has a long detection window. but he's smart enough to mask any short or medium term metabolites and avoid any anomalous spikes in m3.

and it's simply not a fact. again grant dawson's case was dismissed even though he flagged on a test.

Interesting how Jones is the only pulsating person in the world. Hmmmmm

dana-white-money-cópia1.jpg
Dana brought them that brick.

Jones cleared to roid now as long as Dana keeps up the payments so his boy can win.

they already said jones is gona pop for the next 10 years for this.

Says the butt hurt crybaby bitch, keep them tears coming lil momma. \

Stay mad, fucking lol.
this guy has the best arguments on the site. top notch. all he says is crybaby. bitch. and tears. i mean what else to you really need in a argument i suppose. hes gonna win arguments forever just like how JJ is going to test positive forever.

First, let me stress: I'm not overly familiar with @Couch Ninja - and what little I do know about her/him, does support the hypothesis that they're an absolute idiot.

That said....

You're incorrect in you assertion quoted above.

And they didn't find a "steroid" in Jones' sample. They DID find the long term metabolite M3.

No, no it's not a blanket "FACT".
There are some banned substances that have "threshold" and/or "decision" limits. For instance, cannabis metabolite Carboxy-THC (marijuana/weed) is not allowed 'in-competition" BUT a certain amount IS allowed "out-of-competition" (150 ng/mL=Threshold, 180 ng/mL=Decision Limit).

Of course weed is not a steroid (though, neither is the M3 metabolite that Jones pulsed), however nandrolone IS a steroid. And it's banned, but it's metabolite (19-Norandrosterone) is not a zero tolerance, it has a threshold (2.0ng/mL) and Decision Limit (2.5ng/mL) just like THC does.

I think what we're seeing is USADA screw up the handling and processes as they work through this mess, but ultimately I'd bet that turinabol's M3 metabolite will become a Threshold Substance. USADA has sanctioned 100s of Olympic athletes and this whole mess really will impact way more than just the UFC before it's all said and done.

Sorry, back on topic.... the key points I'm trying to make:
  1. Some banned substances have an allowable amount
  2. Jones tested positive for M3, the long term metabolite of turinabol, not for the steroid itself.
Ok I obviously was not clear as I don't disagree with any thing you say as I was not meaning to say they found a steroid in Jones system and my point was not about any specific.

the point I was trying to counter was his point that 'if its not an amount commensurate with what a guy would be caught with mid cycle, then the test is meaningless' and I was trying to say simply 'that is false', 'the amount does not matter as long as it is within the prescribed prohibited amount. It can be a tiny trace and that is fine if it hits the prohibited threshold'.

They said that the amount would not enhance his performance.

Is it, or is it not illegal to have any amount of steroids/steroid metabolites in your systrm?

This is a yes or no question.

Is it, or is it not illegal to have any amount of steroids/steroid metabolites in your systrm?

I think it’s clear the answer is no.

It would be good if we can put everything into an yes-or-no question.

i just cant wait to see Joe Rogan get Dana White on his podcast and explain how everything with Jon Jones is legit and above board. The like/dislike ratio will be fun

So he ingested Turinabol unintentionally some years ago and it somehow still exists in his body. That's crazy! He has to have been taken 1 kg of it, ofc unintentionally.

Such a bad luck when he has been unintentinally taken these kinds of drugs so many times during the years. It's so unlikely but I guess possible. At least it's 0.00002% chance that he did it unintentionally so we should continue on that and start talking about something else now.

Since no one cares enough to get the story straight about Grant Dawson case, I did some searching on my own.

He was flagged for a potential violation for an unnamed illegal substance. Then he goes to arbitration and swears he never took anything, doesn’t know what the substance is and fails to show them any tainted supplements or similar.

No one ever mentions what the substance is or was, until Novitsky brings it up in JRE as a ”one of the several instances of similar occurrences with a reoccurring longterm oral turinabol metabolite in other sports, and even one other such example in the UFC”.

<{vega}>

Okay, so it was M3 metabolite. How is it reoccurring? Did the guy ”pulse”, too? Does he still test positive randomly, while maybe cutting weight or maybe not cutting and training at all? No? Just that one positive test?

<[analyzed}>

”Hey, we can’t prove that this didn’t enter his [system] a year before that disclosure required him to disclose what he was using, so he was basically let off and eligible”, said Novitsky. So basically they didn’t know when the illegal stuff was taken, might have been weeks, months or up to two years, who knows. No one knows! So he was, check this out, let off because ”
the ingestion of the prohibited substance occurred prior to Grant coming under the UFC Anti-Doping Program.”

So it wasn’t because of pulsing and getting penalized twice or anything like that. It was because whatever he took was taken before being under UFC A-D program, so basically he was cleared because of technicality that wasn’t there with the Jones’ case.

So, if the Grant Dawson case is similar to Jones’, where do we have the ”re-emergence” of the M3 metabolites? There must be at least one more positive test, as this was one of the similar cases with re-occurring turinabol metabolites! Where is it, Jeff?

“Look, I’m not an expert,” Novitzky said.

Ah, of course. That’s okay, Jeff. Because even if you claimed to be:

<DontBelieve1>

TL;DR bullshit explanations and grasping at straws to defend Jon.

Back