Mgtow thread

Someting about a bunch of dudes who would rather hang out with each other than women not sitting right with you, bro?

YEAH!

9wcTBn.gif

You seem to make reasonable points but I feel like the general reaction to what you're saying by wider society is still that you play the game no matter how rigged it may seem or how dubious the spoils. It's just "the way it is"

Not sure how much I've ever agreed with blind acceptance of the status quo, however.

True, people will play the rigged game due to social pressure which stems from the fact that most people have been molded in to the herd mentality which is not a bad thing in general but it makes you emotionally tied down to peoples opinions in some ways.

Myself, I have been a life long recluse, child hood was great being alone, teen and early adult life was hell when I had so called "friends" and when I focused my time on starting a business, martial arts and meditation as well as nutrition, I did great, quality of life went up dramatically.

Also, I just go to a call girl and some of them are willing to throw a freebie when I treat them well. So in a way, why get married in todays social landscape?

You're choosing to form a support group with the specific purpose of avoiding women. You're defining yourself by the female gender.

Also if you need to avoid women to "focus on yourself" then that means you arent focusing on yourself while in a relationship. You're being subservient, aka a beta.

You know what I do when I'm in a relationship? The exact same things I do when I'm single. Work out, go out to bars, hang out with my friends, go hiking, camping, traveling etc. A female has never came between me and my interests. And if you can't figure out how to do this you are approaching relationships the wrong way. They are supposed to be enhancements to an already awesome life, not the building block to a crappy one.

And when I'm not dating? I just call that being single. No need to form a support group, no need to rant to other bitter losers about how women have been holding me down.

And just when I lost all hope for masculinity. Bravo.

You're choosing to form a support group with the specific purpose of avoiding women. You're defining yourself by the female gender.

Also if you need to avoid women to "focus on yourself" then that means you arent focusing on yourself while in a relationship. You're being subservient, aka a beta.

You know what I do when I'm in a relationship? The exact same things I do when I'm single. Work out, go out to bars, hang out with my friends, go hiking, camping, traveling etc. A female has never came between me and my interests. And if you can't figure out how to do this you are approaching relationships the wrong way. They are supposed to be enhancements to an already awesome life, not the building block to a crappy one.

And when I'm not dating? I just call that being single. No need to form a support group, no need to rant to other bitter losers about how women have been holding me down.
Bitter loser huh? I still don't see why you guys are getting in a twist over this. If you don't like it, ignore it. No need to come in trying to vehemently decry a philosophy that's a little different than your own. That along with the name calling reeks of insecurity to me.

If you can be in a relationship and not get entangled in your girlfriend's drama and mindgames, good for you, but I like to take a break from all that bullshit from time to time and I definitely don't need to get married or have kids.

@Robocok I'll have to go back and read but trying to salvage your marriage every couple of months is worth the effort.

There's something to say for being hand tied to someone for better or worse. You're getting the worst of her and you can't abandon it, how you handle the situation could really lead to the most significant growth based relationship you'll ever have.
I divorced in 2010 and had a pretty awful experience with the courts. I'm just taking a break from dating and my exgirlfriend. No desire to ever marry again.

Here's my take on the mgtow thing from an attachment theory and cognitive perspective:

-> As the child the man receives poor parenting, perhaps especially from his mother.
-> As a result, he develops an insecure attachment style, most likely preoccupied or fearful-avoidant, which is a negative mental object representation of others as unable to meet his needs. But perhaps especially he develops a negative representation of women (based on the mother).
-> As an adult, he searches for partners which verify his pre-existing beliefs about himself (self-verification) and repeats the early traumatic pattern.
-> This translates into picking a woman who can't give him the love he needs e.g. a woman with a dismissing attachment, a toxic woman.
-> He acts in a meek and subservient fashion during the relationship, gives up his needs to accommodate his partner, as is typical for an anxiously attached person. He becomes unhappy.
-> Predictably, the relationship explodes. Every negative experience strengthens his schema of "women are bad, women are evil, women are unfair," etc. Every individual has a different version of the schema.
-> It eventually culminates into a schema coping mode called surrender. The man surrenders himself to the schema, despite it being very painful, and accepts it as true instead of fighting it "Women are bad, I can't do anything about it. All I do is stay alone and accept my fate."

Every person will be mgtow for a different "reason" (reason that is consciously known), but I bet you that this general path is very common
How about the family court system? Taking away half your stuff in the event of divorce and losing custody of the kids? That's what I'm concerned about.

Bitter loser huh? I still don't see why you guys are getting in a twist over this. If you don't like it, ignore it. No need to come in trying to vehemently decry a philosophy that's a little different than your own. That along with the name calling reeks of insecurity to me.

If you can be in a relationship and not get entangled in your girlfriend's drama and mindgames, good for you, but I like to take a break from all that bullshit from time to time and I definitely don't need to get married or have kids.

Beta male groups personally offend me because it reflects badly in my gender. You guys need to grow up. If a bad relationship is the worst life has thrown you then you are a sheltered individual who has experienced nothing yet.

Beta male groups personally offend me because it reflects badly in my gender. You guys need to grow up. If a bad relationship is the worst life has thrown you then you are a sheltered individual who has experienced nothing yet.
You're offended because other guys don't want to get married and prefer to go their own way? Again, it sounds pretty insecure. You should be less preoccupied by how others perceive you. There's more to life.

Also, not seeing my son for 3 months and then having to fight for the right to spend time with him, while not the worst thing that could happen, was still terrible and not unworthy of complaint.

You're offended because other guys don't want to get married and prefer to go their own way? Again, it sounds pretty insecure. You should be less preoccupied by how others perceive you. There's more to life.

Also, not seeing my son for 3 months and then having to fight for the right to spend time with him, while not the worst thing that could happen, was still terrible and not unworthy of complaint.

No, I'm offended that there's a group of weak-willed, subservient males that are so emotionally emotionally disturbed they have to publicly declare they are swearing off women and "focusing on their own life." This is embarrassing behavior and focusing on your own life is something you should always be doing, regardless of dating.

You can't choose your family. But you can choose the kind of people you hang around. Two of the biggest decisions you will make in your life: marriage and kids. And you chose to do them with a drama prone women who plays mind games. You chose to be subservient to her. You'll get no sympathy from me.

No, I'm offended that there's a group of weak-willed, subservient males that are so emotionally emotionally disturbed they have to publicly declare they are swearing off women and "focusing on their own life." This is embarrassing behavior and focusing on your own life is something you should always be doing, regardless of dating.

You can't choose your family. But you can choose the kind of people you hang around. Two of the biggest decisions you will make in your life: marriage and kids. And you chose to do them with a drama prone women who plays mind games. You chose to be subservient to her. You'll get no sympathy from me.
Ha, I never asked for your sympathy dude. In my experience, all women play mind games. I'm not swearing them off personally, at least not forever, but I don't understand the stigma of a guy who chooses to do that and focus on himself instead. All I hear from you is a bunch of shaming language like weak, subservient, beta, embarrassing...

There's nothing wrong with recognizing that there are some problems with the current family court system and in dating in western countries today. You hear about it all the time when a dude gets married and people joke about the ensuing loss of freedom.

You can make the nawalt (not all women are like that) argument but there's a reason this is such a common joke. Marriage and children equal a loss of freedom and mgtow= freedom

You really have nothing of substance to say in response to this other than "real men have families and mgtow are pathetic weasels who got rejected". I beg to differ but I don't need to resort to name calling and shaming if you're not interested in it.

Lets say someone is a bisexual and they swear off women but continue to pursue men, would that person be considered a MGTOW or is MGTOW about full on celibacy rather than just swearing off romantic relationships with women.

I Would say a MGTOW is swearing off Relationships/ Marriage. I'm Bisexual and currently don't date in general, How ever I don't see myself ever dating a woman seriously again;
If casual sex comes easily my way, great but I won't put effort into pursuing them. Anything a woman can offer me a man can give me with higher quality.

I think I could only be MGTOW if I had a weak dick and didnt care about not getting laid

The fact is when you are good looking and you have a good dick, you should be getting laid as much as possible, and you should feel frustrated when you are not getting laid

I Would say a MGTOW is swearing off Relationships/ Marriage. I'm Bisexual and currently don't date in general, How ever I don't see myself ever dating a woman seriously again;
If casual sex comes easily my way, great but I won't put effort into pursuing them. Anything a woman can offer me a man can give me with higher quality.

The thing is many men want children and want to do so in a nuclear family setting for the sake of raising properly socialized children.

It is worth noting that the "traditional" nuclear family is a fairly recent invention in itself -- post industrial revolution in fact. Men of the per-industrial times would introduce their wives into their household which included their parents and siblings. His parents/siblings would have his best interests in mind and would keep her balanced and help with the children.

I think I could only be MGTOW if I had a weak dick and didnt care about not getting laid

The fact is when you are good looking and you have a good dick, you should be getting laid as much as possible, and you should feel frustrated when you are not getting laid

giphy.gif

The thing is many men want children and want to do so in a nuclear family setting for the sake of raising properly socialized children.

It is worth noting that the "traditional" nuclear family is a fairly recent invention in itself -- post industrial revolution in fact. Men of the per-industrial times would introduce their wives into their household which included their parents and siblings. His parents/siblings would have his best interests in mind and would keep her balanced and help with the children.

Well I don't want to have kids, so it's easier for me.

Very good points about the nuclear family, if I'm not mistaken monogamous marriage is also fairly new. In ancient times, it was used more to ensure alliances with other people were not broken ; whether in business or war

Well I don't want to have kids, so it's easier for me.

Very good points about the nuclear family, if I'm not mistaken monogamous marriage is also fairly new. In ancient times, it was used more to ensure alliances with other people were not broken ; whether in business or war

Romantic marriage being the rule is very very much a recent and western concept. Thus, cheating and love children logically make some sense but I don't know if that counts as non-monogamous marriage or how common place it truly was. If I had a son who was going to inherit the farm and you had an aging daughter of good work ethic it made sense for everyone involved. I doubt she would cheating much with his parents in the house with her.

Now if you want to step back into hunter gatherer relationships I'm not sure. Would be worth some looking into though.

Just discovered this mgtow thing tonight and i have come to the conclusion it just means being single and trying to be happy about it by putting yourself above societies expectations. Truth be told this is probably why there are so many toxic women in the first place, too many men in relationships that are ironically already mgtows. Before anyone freaks out i dont mean that, this is the main issue but its a big one. We live in the age of infallibility and no one can be expected to take on any one elses problems even if that means a woman who will eventually mother your children. We have become adult-children who are socially inept, i see it every day as people cannot even communicate with one another because it makes them uncomfortable to look someone in the eye as they awkwardly say "hello".

I never had a father around so a good portion of my adolescence was spent fragmenting and piecing together a father figure from people in my life, characters from movies and books and even through researching online oddly enough. I shit you not i actually searched on google "What makes a man an alpha male" and through all the testosterone fueled bull shit i found something that seriously resonated with me from some stupid numbered list of things that makes a man "Alpha". It said something along the lines of "competing in the game of life", Basically getting a job and working the shit out of that 9-5 so you can pay your bills and take care of yourself (or your family if you have one) and not only doing it but trying to climb up the ladder. Trying to side step that "game of life" is a sign of serious weakness. Your response to a terrible relationship should be to find someone who DOES deserve your time and putting them through the gauntlet, not forgo women entirely in favor of the endless pursuit of pleasure.

Also, MGTOW doesn't have to involve immaturity, fear, and removal from the dating pool. I view it as simply living your life in a manner that best suits you, and not just following the herd of sheep headed for slaughter.

Everything you said was put so well but you had to spoil it with that last bit there.You are implying that the path they follow, if not completely for themselves is going straight towards slaughter. If MGTOW doesn't have to involve fear then that wasn't the greatest way of capping off your statement. You imply it's the lifestyle of salvation, while never knowing the joy of having a family to call your very own, and trust me on this, THAT is one of the greatest pleasures of life. Even with all the sacrifices.

I think it is the logical reaction to third wave feminism and "equality".

There are a lot of men who are victimized and marginalized in life and would rather throw in the towel than play along. C
I think it goes far beyond feminism.

I think the systematic deconstruction of the nuclear family, government assistance, feminism and female nature in general all play large roles in unison.

Peer pressure to marry has been replaced by peer pressure for women to work. I can't tell you how many clients my buddy tells me about. He's a psychologist, It was my field initially too.

They're women seeing him who feel incredible shame and anxiety because they want to raise their kids at home while the husband works. They're afraid to admit this for fear of being ostracized and ridiculed within their communities/circles. Feminism and Marxist indoctrination in universities has helped usher this in no doubt.

The disdain for the family is pretty clear on the Communist manifesto. Our Western Universities are littered with these commie pricks. Their destructive influence is pretty clear to see all across campuses.

giphy.gif

With government replacing the family unit as well, women are constantly shitting out babies and living off the state. They don't need the security a male working used to bring them. Many like that independence early on, until they're bitter cunts in their 40's and can't find a mate because their standards long exceed their level

It's like we've gone back to pre industrial times, where the majority of women were fighting over the limited supply of high status men.

This isn't to say there aren't untold amounts of quality women out there, but the average ugly mother fucker making an honest salary (the majority of the male population) isn't attracting many of them. Even when they do, those women are unfulfilled because they feel they settled, even when they're a beached whale, leading to divorce, which generally favours women.

Enter the inevitability, MGTOW, or men just hooking up. I fall into the latter these days, as I'm fed up with the modern woman, but love pussy far too much lol

Last edited:
Back