Michael Chandler: I beat Khabib 10/10 times...

The blueprint was out for Anderson Silva as well, since Hendo took a round from him by taking him down.

Still, no one else managed to beat him for a good while
Yeah, but Khabib's more Ronda than Anderson.

Eddie Alvarez beat the actual champion to become a legit champion.

Khabib beat Iaquinta to become a "champion"

Sit down.

Khabib beat Conor mentally and Conor bailed from the fight #stayready

Khabib made it to the cage when Tony didn't.

Khabib won legit by turning up and beating the only guy with the balls to face him.

The champ can win mentally, like Tyson used to.

Khabib beat Conor mentally and Conor bailed from the fight #stayready

Khabib made it to the cage when Tony didn't.

Khabib won legit by turning up and beating the only guy with the balls to face him.

The champ can win mentally, like Tyson used to.
Khabib won a FS1 type main event against a guy outside the top 10.

Hell, maybe he beats everyone at LW, but at the moment his belt is the most disputed "undisputed" belt in history...

No point trying to deny that, the LW division is still a mess, with Tony out injured the only fight possible to legitimize the division is Conor vs Khabib.

Unfortunately I can't see the fight being made until after Conor's court date.

Conor, Tony and Khabib are all responsible for the current mess, each has blew opportunities to cement their status.

What is it with these delusional fighters... Kebab is 26-0, you're on a 6-4 streak... and somehow you think you're the one to stop him? Too many blows to the head.

I like it. where's his bellator contract at?

Khabib vs. Dustin, Chandler, Tony & GSP

He's probably right, styles make fights. Chandler is a very legit wrestler and has a massive speed advantage.
No doubt, out of all the guys at lightweight he matches up very well with Kahbib. Also I think his wrestling is what got him the win vs alverez and his wrestling level along with how he integrates it with his striking is better then alverezs

Khebab would send Chandler and Alvarez to wsof or back to bellabum faster than a priority fedex package.

he choked out Eddie lost a close decision to Eddie second time around. But he got handily beat by Will Brooks.
He is the far better offensive striker But overall strength grappling and wrestling Habibi is miles ahead of anyone in the division.

Eddie demolished Gaethje in 3, while Gaethje was coming off a win.

Demolished...?

By the third round Gaethje was on his way to taking a decision... had it gone the distance.

Alvarez did well to gut it out without quitting and land the big knee in the clinch that ended things; the only sense in which that fight was a 'demolition' would be in the sense of how both fighters were slugging the heck out of each other from the opening bell, rather than implying either one was totally out of their depth.

It was a close fight, where the outcomes could easily be different if one thing or another were shifted slightly... much like the Poirier fight as well.

I thought the same thing about each fight. I'd like to see what Chandler could do against top guys in the UFC but I thought the same about Will Brooks. Still would watch though.

If Khabib and Chandler fought 10 times I could easily give Chandler the majority of the wins, sure, but when you have already had a fluke injury cost you a fight claiming 10 out of 10 is a little whackadoo.
He still almost knocked out Primus before they stopped the fight lol

Eddie Alvarez beat the actual champion to become a legit champion.

Khabib beat Iaquinta to become a "champion"

Sit down.

You might have to make him sit down, man to man, like this:

8Q5BBsRoRif1NMRtNRDOz0Bq_BP-1GIijRVKJz5mZfA.gif

Chandler would make khabib his plaything, shame we will never see it happen

Lol yeah I meant Lee.

I hear you on Eddie. But this f*cking division has to move on and past this Conor circus. Putting Eddie back in a title shot and allowing the small chance that he wins and becomes champ again, results in Conor STILL being the true champ. Because nobody in their sane mind would think Eddie is the champ if Conor is still out there. Conor toyed with him and embarrassed him.

I totally understand that point of view, maybe if Conor comes back gets beat up a few times it'll change the discussion, but I hear you. Styles make fights and Conor was a really bad matchup for Eddie so i dont see it going any other way if they did happen to rematch.

Chandler just doesn't have the heart to go through a war with Khabib.

100 percent disagree on this just purely on the heart he showed in both fights with Alvarez. He's been in 2 really bizarre fights with him being on the losing end (Primus and Brooks), but how you can question the guy's heart is a mystery to me. Some people just look at the world through dirty glasses I guess.

Back