Michael Cohen, personal attorney to Donald Trump, officially under criminal investigation

It's not hard:

If a woman comes forward with an accusation, you investigate impartially. That is, you always investigate. If her story check out or you find corroborating evidence you proceed. If not, close the case.

In Bill Clinton's case, the dude was put under a microscope for a decade by people highly motivated to find anything they could use to prosecute him and were willing to act in bad faith to do it. If that kind of scrutiny failed to come up with anything to pin on him, then I feel pretty confident assuming that Clinton never raped anyone.

The point about believing women when they come forward with rape allegation is that they should never be dismissed out of hand and should always be properly investigated. And all the allegations against Bill Clinton have been investigated ad nauseam, by people with a vested interest in finding fault in him.
Oh good then we can say trump is innocent too then since he wasn’t indicted or anything over them

What's the connection between Cohen and Clinton?
The post I responded to was about infidelity. If you want to discuss the Cohen thing I’ll just repeat it won’t be it and Cohen appears to suck

Let's get back on topic, guys
I responded to what was posted. Use the back arrow and you can see I responded directly to what was posted.

In other news
Have we cleared up what was and wasn’t the right Cohen yet? If all of it is true, what’s actually illegal? Is there anything more than a billionaire is an investor in in a company that hired Cohen yet? Been waiting to read non hyperventilatory conjecture on this

@SBJJ you were asking about conspiracy theories...?

Also, did I tag you correctly in the Bill Clinton perspective thread? Someone on there was talking Seth Rich bullshit.

What are u talking about?

Seth Rich? Are u drunk?

What are u talking about?

Seth Rich? Are u drunk?

The other tag you just responded to. I didn't know if I tagged you properly on that one because of my phone. So in this thread I tagged you for an old spirit cooking post so you could see the kind of bullshit floating around this place.

A significant business partner of Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer, has agreed to cooperate with the government as a potential witness, a development that could be used as leverage to pressure Mr. Cohen to work with the special counsel examining Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Under the deal reached with the New York attorney general’s office, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant who is known as the Taxi King, specifically agreed to assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, according to a person briefed on the matter.

The broadened scope of Mr. Freidman’s cooperation may prove worrisome not only to Mr. Cohen, who is the target of a continuing federal investigation, but also Mr. Trump.

[ . . . ]

Mr. Freidman has been Mr. Cohen’s partner in the taxi business for years, managing cabs for him even after New York City regulators barred Mr. Freidman last year from continuing to manage medallions.

[ . . . ]

Mr. Freidman, who was disbarred earlier this month, had been accused of failing to pay more than $5 million in taxes and faced four counts of criminal tax fraud and one of grand larceny — all B felonies. Each carries a maximum prison sentence of up to 25 years in prison.

Instead, he appeared in court in Albany on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to a single count of evading only $50,000 worth of taxes; he will avoid jail time and receive five years of probation if he fulfills the terms of his agreement, the judge, Patrick Lynch of Albany County court, said during the roughly 20-minute proceeding.

[ . . . ]

After Mr. Freidman’s guilty plea, his lawyer, Patrick J. Egan of Fox Rothschild, declined to comment. But earlier this year he said his client “considers Michael a very good friend and a great client.”

Nonetheless, Mr. Freidman’s agreement to cooperate in his tax fraud case in Albany could have larger implications. Mr. Cohen is facing an investigation by the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan, which is examining his business practices. Anything that bolsters that inquiry could increase pressure on Mr. Cohen to cooperate with Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel who is investigating the 2016 election that led to Mr. Trump’s victory.

Interesting. The screws around Cohen are getting tighter.

Could someone more knowledgeable than me tell me if this is an unusually good deal? Will Friedman be expected to sing the high notes in exchange for it?

Back